PDA

View Full Version : 1300 Non Iyanden Wraith list

Asuryan
07-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Finally got all my wraith units assembled and painted and wanted to try them out, but my local store hasn't been able to get me the supplement yet so all out of the main codex.

HQ's
Avatar w/ fast shot and Disarming strike
Spiritseer w/ firesaber and Phoenix gem

Troops
8 Wraithguard w/ wriathcannons
7 Wraithblades w/ axes and shields

Heavy's
Wraithknight w/ suncannon and scatter laser
Wraithlord w/ 2 brightlances and flamers and sword

Seer was warlord and got a 5, and rolled a 6 but took the primaris and a 4 for psychic powers and was with the guard. Am not looking for advise on changing the list but am open to suggestions, but since I haven't seen the supplement, I'm not sure what trait and powers i would have gotten or if there was an other remnant that would have work for the seer. Again not looking for direct posts from the book but a general statement on how having the Iyanden codex would have changed my list.

Garradh
07-10-2013, 08:27 AM
There's some pretty good posts and explanations in earlier Wraithguard/Iyanden lists on this page, take a look at those.

Looking at your list, I think there's definitely one item you'll want to replace with a piece of Iyanden wargear - the Phoenix Gem is kinda junk, and there is a 15 pt helm that allows a Wraithguard in the same squad as the Spiritseer to act as a Character for challenge purposes, as well as giving bonuses to Look Out Sir! Pretty useful for keeping your one psyker alive and giving him a chance to swing his (measly) two or three Firesaber attacks on the squad instead of a character.

In general Firesabers are a lot of points on a seer - it's only two points shy of another Wraith, which will generally do more damage.