PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh Madness [CSM] - 2000pts.

Neuro
07-08-2013, 08:50 AM
So I've been play-testing this list for some time now and it is working great for me.
I've faced new Tau, Space Wolves, Orc's, Tyranids, Dark Angels [on smaller points but the idea and components were same] and didn't loose one time.

HQ:
- Chaos Lord - [Mark of Slaanesh / Black Mace / Sigil of Corruption / Bike]

- Chaos Sorcerrer - [Mastery lvl 3 / Burning Brand of Skalathrax / Spell Familiar]

TROOPS:
- Noise Marines x5 - [Blastmaster / 3x Sonic Blasters / Power Sword]

FAST ATTACK:
- Chaos Bikers x5 - [Mark of Slaanesh / Icon of Excees / 2x Meltagun / Power Sword]
- Chaos Bikers x5 - [Mark of Slaanesh / Icon of Excees / 2x Meltagun / Lightning Claw]
- Helldrake - [Baleflamer]

HEAVY SUPPORT:
- Obliterators x3 [Mark of Nurgle]
- Obliterators x3 [Mark of Nurgle]

So the idea behind this list is to attach Lord to one Biker Squad and Sorcerer to second one.
Sorc takes spells from Telepathy wishlisting for Invisibility.
Two biker squads drive forward, they go after vehicles or/and CC massacre. In meantime Sorc melts more troops with Burning Brand or killing MC with Psychic Shriek.
Noise Marines are Fearless troops that pull out lot of damage with Blastmastes melting all MEQ armies with AP3 Ignores Cover. Most of time standing in the backfield cover camping objectives killing Devastators/Long Fangs/MEQ etc.
Obliterators stand from turn one [in cover] and shoot all that can't be hurt by Blastmasters [AV 14 / Terminators / MC's]. Mark of Nurgle gives them a little bit more survivability.
Baledrake comes in and there's not much to kill for him at this point, especially when he's late.

What I've mostly meet when facing my enemies that there's too much threats to take care of everything at same time.
When they shoot my bikes, NM & Oblits tear his army with shooting. When he shoots my troops, bikes go undamaged and make havok with CC or Burning Brand upon his lines and Oblits what they do best.

What I might have problems with this list is Terminators heavy lists and Flyer Spam.
Hopefully there's not much of that in my area.

What you think guys? Any ideas to make it even better?

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-10-2013, 06:16 PM
The only thing i worry about with this list is mobility. i know thats what the bikes are for but in missions where you need to move across the table will your units be able to move and get into posotions to take objectives in your opponents deployment zones? That would be my biggest concern also your csm units won't have alot of targets to shoot at right away depending on range and line of sight.

Neuro
07-13-2013, 06:02 PM
My troops are better when they're stationary. Blastmaster have 48" range which is quite good when the wielding guy stays still [that's their role, to shoot with Blastmaster's Single Frequency]. Most of the time they were in range of, at least, something from first turn.
Sonic Blasters and Power Swords may be a point sink when enemy is not willing to move close to them but I feel that I need that extra firepower and cc I6 AP3 just in case.

Bikes can deny his deployment objectives and I still can hold mine with troops. In hardest game vs Space Wolves at the end there were still 2 squads with 2 bikers in each [Lord+Icon & Sorc+Icon] and 3 [almost full] squads of NM, my enemy surrendered at end of 4th turn right after baledrake came in [lazy *******].

If bikes fail I stil have baledrake to toast enemy's backfield objective holders.

You may be right with lack of mobility for sure but till now I wasn't facing this problem, we'll see...
I've got few games planned in near future, Dark Eldars, again Tau and more Tyranids so I'll post some more thoughts soon.

Kevlarshark
07-14-2013, 02:31 PM
You might find flyer lists a bit of a pain to play against.

I would also be tempted to split the oblits into 3x squads of 2 so they can threaten more targets.

Lord Krungharr
07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
I think flyer lists of any sort are a pain to play against, unless using another flyer list :)

My luck with Noise Marines and Slaanesh has never been very good, but the ignoring cover saves is huge now....I might recommend dumping the Sorcerer for Huron Blackheart. Infiltrating Noise Marines will help get them to good Scoring positions in cover, then they can stay put and lay down heavy fire for more turns. It's an intriguing army, with some good potential, but 2+ armor saves could be a problem (Deathwing or Grey Knights, or other CSM with Oblits n Termies). Well played Daemons would probably also be a problem with very fast and very multiple threats on Turn 1. The Obliterators help though, I always love those! (Not very fluffy having Nurgle Oblits w Noise Marines though, but at least the Slaaneshis would appreciate more noise of las and plasma cannons around them :)

Neuro
07-17-2013, 03:24 AM
So as I've said, I'm aware that it might be pain to go against heavy terminator lists. As for flyer spam I guess single ADL will not change much. It's just assumption as I've yet didn't use it once and was just fine. Many of my opponents were using ADL and it didn't change much really for them.

What I'm considering is splitting Obliterators squads into pairs as was suggested by Kevlarshark. It's always good idea to be able to split my own fire and make more targets for my opponent. It changes nothing in morale checks as one 1 dead Oblit out of 3 forces check.

I was thinking about Daemons allies. Maybe I'll drop something like one NM squad and take some Demonnetes. Rending might be useful against 2+ armor saves. I yet have to look into Deamons Codex.

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-18-2013, 12:50 AM
deamonettes will provide you with a ton of rending attacks at a reasonable price um dont have book around but its either 100 or 90 peso's for a squad of 10. deamons are very cheap but if you take them then you have to take an hq as well and well i mean naked thats another 55 peso's so you might want to consider that. i think most deamon units can bring alot to a csm list its just a question of what your willing to give up in order to get them and what you plan to do with them once you have them. what would you use your deamons to accomplish?