PDA

View Full Version : 1850 eldar tourney list

G00dySmiley
07-08-2013, 07:36 AM
OK I have run a few thigns, tried a few allies getting ready for this tourney and all said and done I have come down to this

any ideas are appreciated and will be entertained.

Autarch on a bike, laser lance, fusion gun, banshee mask, mantle of the laughing god 100

spiritseer with wings 100

DA 65
WS w/ holos 135

DA 65
WS w/ holos 135

DA 65
WS w/ holos 135

bikes x3 51
conceal lock 50

rangers x5 60

crimson hunter exarch 180

wraithknight 240

fire prism with holos 140

reapers x5 w/ exarch fast shot and night vision 175
ADL w/ quad gun

basic idea

autarch runs around popping vehicles with his 2+ cover save and fusion fun, may also charge in and finish off 3+ and higher units

spiritseer goes with the reapers on the adl for 2+ cover giving him conceal and shriek, turn 5 he liekly uses the windgs for a 48" run denial

reapers on the adl with a 2+ cover and 3+ armor put out 11 str 5 ap3 so devistating MEQ, the exarch uses the fast shot on the quad gun in case of intercepting flyers otherwise the spiritseer shoots it attached to them if he can't shriek anything or a single reaper if he can.

DA are late game objective grabbers but against some armies are likely to get out, run into cover and hold/ provide midfield shots.

waveserpants keep a 4+ cover and zip around shooting tons of mid str shots.

fire prism either tank pops or puts out large blasts to kill meq

wraithknight pops tanks and assault squishy insides, or keeps high shooty things in combat.

crimson hunter hopefully comes in after enemy flyers and can put a hurting on tanks/ units using its manuverability to get in good positions to snipe weapons in squads if no flyers or vehicles to kill.

rangers outflank unless there is a juicy far off objective to infiltrate to.

alternativly I am debating

drop spiritseer, reapers, and ADL frees up 375

in place I get a farseer on a bike guiding the prism and adding a night spinner with holos and downgrading the CH-e in favor of a second CH

rle68
07-08-2013, 08:39 AM
i like war wakers better myself scatter bright lance are pretty devastating...i dont like fire prisms as they are 1 trick ponies.. the wave serpent is abetter all around choice

bikes are great for holding or taking last second objectives they dont need a boost ...

lose the flyer...much better choices for direct fire thats there when you need it

wraith guard are the bomb...they get rid of everything

my 1850 list

spirirt seer

wraith guard 5 wave bright lance sc holo x's 2

jetbikes 3 sc x's 2

fire dragons exarch fire pike fast shot wave scatter sc holo

war walkers scatter bright lance 3

dark reapers exarch fast shot night vision

far seer jet bike singing spear

adl quad gun or icarus depends

rangers either 1 or 2 units depends on points

G00dySmiley
07-08-2013, 09:39 AM
i like war wakers better myself scatter bright lance are pretty devastating...i dont like fire prisms as they are 1 trick ponies.. the wave serpent is abetter all around choice

bikes are great for holding or taking last second objectives they dont need a boost ...

lose the flyer...much better choices for direct fire thats there when you need it

wraith guard are the bomb...they get rid of everything

my 1850 list

spirirt seer

wraith guard 5 wave bright lance sc holo x's 2

jetbikes 3 sc x's 2

fire dragons exarch fire pike fast shot wave scatter sc holo

war walkers scatter bright lance 3

dark reapers exarch fast shot night vision

far seer jet bike singing spear

adl quad gun or icarus depends

rangers either 1 or 2 units depends on points

was more lookign fro tweeks or a sub or two. or a which of my two proposed lists, i lack the models for that list, and in my flyer heavy necron filled meta i would nto fair well, looks liek a fun list and good for anti meq though

bluepowerade
07-08-2013, 11:55 AM
One possibility if you take a jetseer would be some warp spiders rather than a second CH. They are fast enough to get to rear armor on enemy flyers, and if your seer gets guide, can do some major damage and very likely down any flyer. Plus, if you do come in before any of the necron scythes, your CH is as good as dead. Spiders at least can shrug some shots off. Not sure what other points would be left over, but I've heard good things about the spinner. never used it myself.

I enjoy the "double guide" seer.

Also, the points for your autarch appear to be off.

G00dySmiley
07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
same problem with warp spiders as wraithguard though, do not have the models, I have scorpions, harliquins, and pretty much everythign else. and yes autarch is 150 equipted, just mistyped on my list is calculated correctly on paper just typed out fast. I have surprisingly had csome luck twin liniking the wraithknights cannons and swatting away flyers to but i agree that crimson hunters need to come in 2ndthat is why the autarch on a bike is a staple.

also I should note the wraithknight is a stple as he is the warlord (iyanden suppliment) not sure if points are the same may need some shuffling with him as warlord but the book was supposed to be delivered friday... but was not so hopefully it is on my doorstep when i get home today

add*

figure i can add what ui have

most the hq's including pheonix lords, avatar, 3 mroe jet bikes. 60 guardianns, 6 platforms, 20 more dire avengers and exarchs af all equipment types, 2 more magnetized grav tanks, banshees, 10 fire dragons, 30 harliquins , 3 shining spears, 5 swoopign hawks, 15 reapers, 3 war walkers, and 2 wraithlords

the units I listed in the two options htough I know the most and have the most experience with. his close to date (saturday) i dont' want to really risk much change btu will consider it.

i fully expect to see and face necrons/ ally necrons all over at least 1 lord, 5 wraiths, a barge, and 2 of their transport flyers on almost every table.

Garradh
07-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I like the first list a lot. I personally would prefer a Farseer for constant Guide/Prescience, but most of your stuff is gonna be TL anyway.

bluepowerade
07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
If you're very worried about crons in particular, you may be better off with a farseer, as the 2+ cover granted by the spiritseer is largely wasted since crons don't kill you with low ap, but rather lots and lots of high str shots. Getting fortune/doom and guide and prescience will likely be more beneficial. And the loss of wings is mostly mitigated since you have a jetbike unit and the autarch can easily jump across the board and contest objectives.

bluepowerade
07-08-2013, 02:14 PM
same problem with warp spiders as wraithguard though, do not have the models, I have scorpions, harliquins, and pretty much everythign else. and yes autarch is 150 equipted, just mistyped on my list is calculated correctly on paper just typed out fast. I have surprisingly had csome luck twin liniking the wraithknights cannons and swatting away flyers to but i agree that crimson hunters need to come in 2ndthat is why the autarch on a bike is a staple.

also I should note the wraithknight is a stple as he is the warlord (iyanden suppliment) not sure if points are the same may need some shuffling with him as warlord but the book was supposed to be delivered friday... but was not so hopefully it is on my doorstep when i get home today

add*

figure i can add what ui have

most the hq's including pheonix lords, avatar, 3 mroe jet bikes. 60 guardianns, 6 platforms, 20 more dire avengers and exarchs af all equipment types, 2 more magnetized grav tanks, banshees, 10 fire dragons, 30 harliquins , 3 shining spears, 5 swoopign hawks, 15 reapers, 3 war walkers, and 2 wraithlords

the units I listed in the two options htough I know the most and have the most experience with. his close to date (saturday) i dont' want to really risk much change btu will consider it.

i fully expect to see and face necrons/ ally necrons all over at least 1 lord, 5 wraiths, a barge, and 2 of their transport flyers on almost every table.

Also, if using the iyandan supplement, I believe your spiritseer must trade the conceal primaris for a different one that won't help you. I also think it has it's own remnants of glory list, but I'm not positive

G00dySmiley
07-08-2013, 02:26 PM
If you're very worried about crons in particular, you may be better off with a farseer, as the 2+ cover granted by the spiritseer is largely wasted since crons don't kill you with low ap, but rather lots and lots of high str shots. Getting fortune/doom and guide and prescience will likely be more beneficial. And the loss of wings is mostly mitigated since you have a jetbike unit and the autarch can easily jump across the board and contest objectives.

that is fair, and precience/guide helps my fire prism alot and the reapers alot and gives good anti flyer will likely have to tuck them far away due to wraiths, but I can try and drop wraiths first things and spread for the inevitable allied heldrakes

I got my suppliment in and yea... wraithknight is a must, him as warlord and given those warlord buffs he is a beast, possible d3 rerolls, feel no pain, +1 deny the witch, reroll saves till one is failed, rerolls of 1 or hatred .. none of those suck and on a wraithknight they will have to really work for slay the warlord

G00dySmiley
07-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Also, if using the iyandan supplement, I believe your spiritseer must trade the conceal primaris for a different one that won't help you. I also think it has it's own remnants of glory list, but I'm not positive

yea they seem to have their own remnants of glory looks like I cna't do the mantle of the laughing god which is ok, could take a regular autarch or mybe yriel for the reserve manipulation.. thoguh it is onyl one flyer so maybe farseer on a bike and farseer on the ground with reapers would be better, and hope for shrieker's gaze on my 4 rolls on divination, then I get 2x precience/guide each and 2 more powers, can't think of a bad divination power, and the jetbikes are modle for those last min things. obviously i need to shuffle that a bit though will work on it.

basically for list 1 would now be

farseer/bike - 115
farseer/bike - 115

dax3 65 each
wsx3 holos 135 each

bikesx3 51
conceal lock 50

ch-exarch 180

wraithknight warlord 240

fire prism with holos 140

reapersx6 with exarch and fast shot 205

quadgun defense line 100

leaves 54 points so maybe another 3 jet bikes, or another repaer and 2 exarch powers for crimson hunter.. leading towards bikes for fast scoring and reserved late game objective grabbers

and yes spiritseer trades his power so he no longer works as conceal unit back there

add

it appears you "may" choose remnants of glory from the list, so the autarch on a bike is still on the table,m though I might just take him as a melta gun only and the farseer with reapers or the 2 farseers on bikes.. both seem liek a good idea

Garradh
07-08-2013, 03:50 PM
You can choose from both wargear tables, but a character can only have wargear from one book or the other. A Farseer can take something from the Iyanden book while an Autarch can take something from the Eldar book, for instance.

G00dySmiley
07-08-2013, 04:02 PM
You can choose from both wargear tables, but a character can only have wargear from one book or the other. A Farseer can take something from the Iyanden book while an Autarch can take something from the Eldar book, for instance.

yesir, I am debating the dual farseer vs autarch farsee now. if i go farseerx2 on bikes one is getting the stone to heal the wraithknight as he and the bikes will be hanging near the wraithknight with their conceal lock giving him rerolls and woudn recovery plus the wrarlord is awesome

upon review and reading i think the wraithforge stone seems good on paper, lets me on a 3+ take away a wound on the wraithlord makign him even more durable an hopefully making slay the warlord a pipe dream for my opponent, but if they have alot of anti tank and use it on him the stone might make the difference and at 30 points i throw it on the farseer cruising on bikes with the 3 bikes and conceal lock 3+ cover usually and 3+ armro to fall back on.

The second farseer on a bike lets my farseer not instant death to str 6 which is i think important and he fires the quadgun when firing it on my turn. take guide and prscience and possibly psychic shrike in case somethign gets near. He gives twinlinked to the prism and to the reapers for twinlinking shots and pyschic chrike means there is a signifigant threat if anythign gets near them.

alternativly the mantle of the laughing god autarch on a bike with a fusion gun, banshee mask, and laser lance makes a great harassment unit, it basically is between him and the wraithforge stone farseer. on the one hand the farseer means a more durable warlord and twinlinks his shots, i would do 3 rolls on divination and hope for gaze as it is better than the autarch's reserve manipulation but not a guaruntee, either way i still have points to play with maybe giving exarch powers prrecition shots to crimson hunter and some other upgrades, or chin cannons for the wave serpents

a friend of mine made a good suggestion i think as another option as well, instead of reapers take 90 point support battery for toughness 7 and attach the farseer here shooting the quad gun. seems pretty strong adds survivability, and saves me 105 points, enough to downgrade my crimson hunter exarch to a regular crimson hunter, add a second crimson hunter if i keep to 2 stock farseers on bikes... so many options

in the latter case i feel less bad if somehting big bad and ugly comes up to attack the defense line and guns as i have only 190 points invested there and the fire prism and farseer can gtfo, also if i am not mistaken a gun crewman can shoot the quadgun in a pinch

G00dySmiley
07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Ultimatly I have after a few mroe tests decided that I need to make my list mroe eldary, make the fighting happen on my terms, to this end I have ditched the line and everythign non mobile in favor of fast units

if there are any suggestions or weaknesses i am not seeing le tme know pleas eor any comments or other criticisms appreciated and welcome

Autarch on a bike w/ mantle of the laughing god, laser lance, and fusion gun

farseer on a bike with a wraithstone and singing spear 150

Dire avengersx5 65
Wave Serpent with holos 135

Dire avengersx5 65

Dire avengersx5 65

guardian bikes x 3 51

guardian bikes x 3 51

crimson hunter exarch 180

crimson hunter 160

fire prism with holofields 140

death spinner with holofields 130

wraithknight as warlord 240

i will obviously be using the suppliment as well for the wraithstone and wraithknight as warlord, I will also be rolling on that warlord table

farseer rolls on divination twice taking primaris if not shrieker's gaze, and the precience/guide combo to twin link prism and deathspinner

autarch reserve roll manipulatin and vehicle popping with fusion gun, or harassment with melta gun or charging in with the lance.

dire avengers stay in transports in most cases but get dropped off by objectives late game, though against some armies they get out and shoot once signifigant threats to them are gone (no use putting them down when a heavy flamer can be drop podded in of a skimmer with one is about)

wave serpants spit out styr 6 and 7 shots popping transports and takign out infantry.

crimson hunters kill flyers and pop high priority targets/vehicles.

prism for anti armor/ ap3 large blasts that get twin lnked

deathspinner baragge for snipign weapons in groups and high dmg in general

wraithknight fast hard as nails warlord who gets some serious buff in the warlord traits suppliment if he get feel no pain i will be super happy but really there aren't any losers in there though some are very situational (like +1 to deny the witch)