PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 1000 pts - Help with Escalation League

Aspire to Glory
07-07-2013, 11:23 PM
As the title says, I'm playing in an escalation league with Eldar. We go up 250 points every two weeks, culminating in 1500 points.

I did well the first two games vs Death Guard and Black Templars but was utterly murdered by Tau (seriously wasn't even fun to play) and Space Marines with an aegis, thunder cannon and conversion beamer (dice didn't help).

So the next bump is in two weeks. Trying to plan the rest of my army. Here's my list at 750. My future options are below. If it helps, the meta is Tau heavy, and cover kinda sucks. Some lists have tons of foot troops, some are vehicle heavy, so anti-armor is a judgement call.

750 points

Jetseer w/ spear - 120
Dire Avengers (10) w/ PW/SS exarch and Disarm- 160
Dire Avengers (10) w/ dakka exarch - 145
Jetbikes (3) - 51
Jetbikes (3) - 51
War walkers (3) w/ 6 bright lances - 210

Options for next escalations

What I own:
Wraithknight w/ two heavy wraithcannons - 240
5 Fire Dragons -110
Wave Serpent (still in box) - ~120

What I'm considering:
Swooping Hawks
Fire Prism

I don't want to lay down a lot more cash right now so advice is appreciated with that in mind. I'd like to work with or add to what I have above. I'd just run 3 wave serpents were money not an issue.

Edit: I'm already planning on making the DAs naked.

bluepowerade
07-08-2013, 07:27 AM
I would put the two jetbike units together into 1, then add 2 shuriken cannons to that unit. As small units of 3 they really don't add anything. Also, a warlock on a bike would certainly help out with conceal.

If you are having trouble with Tau, swooping hawks would definitely help out.

I like wraithknights. It may help as it can be a pretty strong close combatant. Fire dragons in a serpent are always a solid choice.

Aspire to Glory
07-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I would put the two jetbike units together into 1, then add 2 shuriken cannons to that unit. As small units of 3 they really don't add anything. Also, a warlock on a bike would certainly help out with conceal.

If you are having trouble with Tau, swooping hawks would definitely help out.

I like wraithknights. It may help as it can be a pretty strong close combatant. Fire dragons in a serpent are always a solid choice.

Shuriken cannons and combining the bike squads is definitely in the cards. 2 squads of three were great at 500 points. Useless at 750 against super competitive lists in a beginners escalation league. :/

It's a Tau heavy meta so I'm certainly considering some hawks. Probably six. Warp Spiders might be the same role, though, and useful against other opponents, as well.

I'm looking forward to the wraithknight's performance.

G00dySmiley
07-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I'd find a way to put in that wraithknight, at 750 he will be tough to deal with, would take him over the war walkers and downgrading the exarch or droppign the 1 10 mand to a 5 man

Dave Mcturk
07-09-2013, 05:23 AM
will your mates let you proxy ? tau hate nightspinners !

also if you have hawks and or dragons then change your load out on the walkers to increase firepower ;-}