PDA

View Full Version : 2k Space Wolves w/ SM allies.

wellweee
07-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Right, getting back into 40k after a 2 year break and dusting off my old army ready for a tournament in a few months. Here is what I have so far. I've had a few games at 1000pts, and basically taking what worked and trying to add to it.

Primary Detachment : Space Wolves

HQ

Rune Priest w/ Master of Runes, Runic Armour, Plasma Pistol and Wolftooth Necklace. (Takes Divinations)
195pts

Troops

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Plasma guns, Mark of Wulfen, Power Axe, Rhino w/Extra Armour.
240pts

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Flamers, Mark of Wulfen, Power Axe, Rhino w/Extra Armour.
230pts

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Meltaguns, Mark of Wulfen, Power Sword, Rhino w/Extra Armour.
235pts

10 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Plasma guns, Mark of Wulfen
175pts

Elites

5 Wolf Scouts w/ Meltagun
85pts

Heavy Support

6 Long Fangs w/ 4 Missiles, 1 Lascannon
155pts

Allied Detachment : Space Marines

HQ

Lysander
200pts

Troops

5 Scouts w/ Telion, Camo, Snipers
140pts

Total: 1655pts

The basic plan I've developed is to run my rhinos in a tight group at whatever I feel is the main objective. The runepriest hangs back with the scouts/long fangs and dolls out his powers as he sees fit. Lysander might seem like a wierd choice, but plays a vital role. His Special ability to bolster defence should give some good cover saves to my backfield units, and his bolter drill should be useful with the Grey Hunters. Added in that he has 4 woulds, a 2+ 3++ save, and eternal warrior should mean he can soak up a serious ammount of firepower. Oh and he makes the scouts stubborn (and the unit he's with).

So I've got 345pts left to play with, and am stumped with what to do with it. I know I need some Anti-Air, but should I go Stormtalon or ADL with quad-gun. Either option I'd have to buy, but otherwise it's a glaring hole in the force. That should leave some room for another unit, but I'm not sure where to put them. The Grey Hunters in the Rhinos should be enough to deal with most "normal" units, but lack the punch to really threaten the big stuff, so mybe something to help them out. But that'll leave Lysanders squad unsupported.

Anyway I'm stuck for what to do, so I'll leave it to you guys.