PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels Hunters

Isaac Gutierrez
07-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Im playing around with the idea of creating a renegade chapter of what the Dark Angels call the fallen. The idea is that the Dark Angels are actually the ones that betrayed the emperor, and that is why they hunt the "fallen" with auch devotion, because they know their secret.

This chapter should be able to take out Dark Angels above all, while doing some things similar. It should have very little tanks, or no tanks, as the fallen are always in the run hiding from the DA, and probably some allies to represent the different aids they must turn too to avoid being captured and to wake up their primarch, who is sleeping trapped in the rock (according to what I believe)

My first thought is to use Sapce marines as the base, that way I can use Dark Angels figures without the rules.

The warlord could be capitan Mordaci Baylock from "badab war, IA 9" as he makes terminators scoring units.

Then I would like to use one unit of termis and one of assault termies. One or two tactical squads and 2 or 3 scout squads with telepor hommers. Then, the real question is what else to use?

I could use some vanguard veteran squads with plasma pistols, to hunt down DA, as their plasmas can go trough power and terminator armor, and being jump units can be faster than most of them. Probably 2 units of them.

I could also use some tau allies using kroots as caliban survivors (very medieval looking guys with rifles, hunting dogs and big lions with riders with big guns) and a unit of vespids, using angels figures instead of insects.

One more thought is to use imperial guard, with two units of veterans with plasma guns, psyker and sentinels, modeled as old dreadnoughts, or some kind of improvised walker.

And finnally using grey knights, two units of termies with all the nice toys and an inquisitor with retinue, all modeled to look like fallen, outlaws, but loyal to the emperor.

I don't know if using flyers could be a good idea, as they could represent the kind of transportatio that outlaws could use to run away quickly, but they would also need mantienance and fuel, so could slow them down.

What would you think would be better to both, destroy Dark Angels (or any kind of marines) and also, represent an army on the run and on a rescue mission.

interrogator_chaplain
07-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Well firstly, your army is predicated on someone agreeing to play against you with rules from a Forge World book. You want to make Terminators a scoring unit, but have you forgotten that if you take Belial as your HQ you can take Terminators too and they're scoring while being legal. You don't have to call him Belial of course, he would just represent the character you want to have. Doing this, you would lose access to Vanguard Vets but you can still take plasma with normal marines.

Again, so long as you make sure you use the right rules and make everything look right for the purposes of display (I.E. The medieval guys are carrying sniper rifles and they count as Kroot carrying sniper rifles, so long as you make sure that your opponent knows what they are at the start of your game, you'll should be fine.) then it's not really going to be that big of a problem.

My only question is are you planning to have multiple allies in one army? Because that's a no-no.

I like the concept of your army, as a Dark Angels player with one failed attempt to create a Fallen army, I've always dug the idea and I encourage you to give it a shot.