PDA

View Full Version : DE Raiders and LoS Question

Anaximander
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Does the tail on a DE raider count for line of sight purposes?

They are a "decorative element" and not part of the hull IMO, so I would think not. But as I am a DE player I am biased. Can anyone come up with adefinitive answer?

Nabterayl
11-13-2009, 02:15 PM
For what it's worth, I think you're right - the tail fin is a "decorative element" and neither "turret" (obviously) nor "hull."

There is no definitive definition of "hull" other than its normal English usage. However, I note that some obviously important parts of a vehicle are not included as valid vehicle targets, such as gun barrels. Although shooting a vehicle's gun barrel would obviously screw the vehicle in an important way, you aren't allowed to do it. I'm inclined to think the same about Raider fins - yes, shooting it would presumably screw the vehicle in an important way, but the normal definition of "hull" does not include control surfaces (which is presumably what the tail fin is). The "hull" of a hovercraft, for instance, does not include its rudders.

DarkLink
11-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I've never liked the "TLOS, except for here, here and here" stuff. There are too many cases like this where it isn't clear what you can shoot and what you can't. It kinda ruins the whole point of the simplicity of TLOS.

But, if Dozer Blades don't count, then the tail might not...