PDA

View Full Version : Stem Cells and Cloning: Douglas Adams was right!

Necron2.0
07-05-2013, 09:52 AM
This is actually something of old news, but it proves that Douglas Adams was right ... the only thing missing was a really hot cup of coffee:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-15/cloning-with-caffeine-produces-patient-matched-stem-cells.html

Kirsten
07-05-2013, 09:54 AM
I am all in favour of cloning as I said to myself the other day.

Necron2.0
07-05-2013, 05:08 PM
I've been down with cloning for years. I have this plan I call the "Genome Beautification Project" whereby people who are beautiful, who age gracefully and/or who have long lifespans are cloned, with the clones dispersed evenly throughout the world wide human population, in an attempt to control the "fugly" factor.

Raquel Welch is right at the top of this list, along with Ricardo Montalban (I hope someone had the presence of mind to store a piece of him).

I've also wanted to clone myself a few hundred thousand times, but that's more towards a bid for world domination. That and to spread my madness ... I don't think my children are going to turn out twisted enough.

Wolfshade
07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I am all in favour of cloning as I said to myself the other day.
Hopefully, this time they can iron out the dissociative personality disorder...

jgebi
07-05-2013, 05:38 PM
so this means we will just clone soldiers? oh what a poor world this will be

Necron2.0
07-05-2013, 05:45 PM
so this means we will just clone soldiers? oh what a poor world this will be

Naw, I wouldn't worry. Clones are expensive. Cannon-fodder has to be cheap, like the 7 billion plus people already here. If it came to war, nobody in their right mind would be sending clones.

Hope that cheered you up. :D