PDA

View Full Version : Geek Calculator

Wolfshade
07-04-2013, 04:08 AM
http://www.newsworks.org.uk/tech-nation-quiz

You may be surprised to find out that we’re all geeks now, at least to some
extent. Newsworks research, conducted by Kantar Media, has established
that the UK population is made up of five groups – Quality Seekers, Social Addicts,
Tech Rich, TV Worshippers and Price Pragmatists.

--------------

Apparently I'm TechRich, I don't feel any kind of rich at the moment mind

Kirsten
07-04-2013, 04:14 AM
I am a quality seeker apparently. which is true enough, but their description doesn't fit me. I said I don't listen to the advice of others before buying stuff, but apparently I like a good Which? review. and despite being very tech savvy, and 28, my older kids will teach me how to use stuff -.-

Psychosplodge
07-04-2013, 04:25 AM
That's horribly broken, despite answering that no the TV is not always on, and No The Size of the TV doesn't matter I'm A TV worshipper? And having no paid TV services, It goes on to describe how I probably subscribe to Sky sports. I think Not. EPICFAIL

Mr Mystery
07-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Social Addict apparently.

Would have thought I'm more a Telly Addict. 3D Smart HDTV with Sky+ HD and their 3D channel????

Wolfshade
07-04-2013, 04:35 AM
Yeah it is a little dicey, maybe the TV geeks is the default category. Maybe you aren't one of us. Maybe we need to expunge you from the collective...

Psychosplodge
07-04-2013, 04:38 AM
To be fair they were all hovering around the 20% mark on the bars at the bottom, Maybe I'm the perfect geek that paddles through all categories?
Or maybe the coding/writing was done by an Idiot?

Wolfshade
07-04-2013, 04:47 AM
Or maybe the coding/writing was done by an Idiot?

That may be closer to the truth of it...

eldargal
07-04-2013, 05:14 AM
I'm a Price Pragmatist.

Mr Mystery
07-04-2013, 05:18 AM
I thought you were a Feminist?

eldargal
07-04-2013, 05:19 AM
I can be both.:p

energongoodie
07-04-2013, 05:43 AM
http://www.newsworks.org.uk/write/MediaUploads/Research/Tech%20Nation/tech%20types/techrich_main2.jpg

Mr Mystery
07-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Yep. It's wonky.

Just read my result properly. Apparently, I'll do anything for the latest upgrade.

Will I balls. I have an iPhone 4, because it was the best available when I last upgraded. That's what I do. Buy high quality. Run it into the ground. Replace with high quality.

Same with my tellybox. Had lots of money, so went for an all singing all dancing HD3DSmart TV blah blah blah. Not because I felt I must have that, but because I figured I might as well future proof myself insofar as possible.

And yes, I do feel a bit lost without my mobile. Because that's how I contact people. It's got my phonebook, Facebook, and a browser. I use it more than any other device. Doesn't mean I worship it or owt. It's just a handy 'one stop shop' device is all.

Stupid arseing geek calculator. GTFO!

Wolfshade
07-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Will I balls. I have an iPhone 4, because it was the best available when I last upgraded. That's what I do. Buy high quality. Run it into the ground. Replace with high quality.
No Galaxy S3? ;)

Mr Mystery
07-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Maybe next time. I'm tied into my contract until October this year, so if I change contract, I'll probably change phone as well.

Depends on what freebies I can find with it!

Wolfshade
07-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Maybe next time. I'm tied into my contract until October this year, so if I change contract, I'll probably change phone as well.

Depends on what freebies I can find with it!

The most important thing with phone contracts. -the freebies (how long before they come with an Xbone or Ps4?)

I'm with vodafone, for historic and laziness reasons, and you can "upgrade" 3 months early and when I tried to do so they would not move an inch to help me get the contract I wanted with the phone I wanted, despite O2 doing the deal I wanted. I waited for my 3 months to be up so my contract properly ended and they couldn't help but fall over themselves to give me what I wanted (within reason), right phone right contract right price. Just have to wait to be (or pretend) to be disloyal.