PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run and moving off the board

Haddock
07-04-2013, 01:35 AM
I read on 1d4chan in the dark eldar tactica you could hit and run and drag a guy off the board. Is that possible? I haven't seen anything in the FAQ, codex, or rule book that lets you do that.

Wolfshade
07-04-2013, 02:19 AM
I think that this is referring to the Hellion snatch attack.

Hellions may attempt to snatch an enemy model out of CC then use their hit and run to disengage then drop the model down.

I don't have the dex with me so I don't recall the exact rules but I would imagine that you can't drop a model from the table.

Haddock
07-04-2013, 02:26 AM
yeah that is what i am talking about. I didn't think you could do that.

DarkLink
07-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Anything with 4chan in its name is a hive of scum and villainy. You won't find particularly astute advice there.

The upgrade in question is the Stun Claw. If the squad leader takes it, yes, they can snatch one Independent Character and drag them with them while they Hit and Run. After they move, they remain in base contact with that IC, so they're still in assault, they just left the IC's bodyguard behind.

If you could move off the board, then the Hellions would die with the IC, so it's not really a win unless you're fighting Draigo or Abaddon or something. However, you can't voluntarily move off the board. That's explicit, right in the rules in the Movement Phase section.

So, no, you can't do it, and even if you could it would be a stupid idea most of the time.

Magpie
07-04-2013, 02:42 AM
Reading the rule right to the end might shed some light on the procedure.

It says that at the end of the H&R as many Hellions must be in base contact with the Independent Character.

So yeh I reckon they could take him off the board, so long as they go with him ! ;)

(Edit : Ninja'ed)

Haddock
07-04-2013, 02:59 AM
thanks for the reply. I was looking to try to find some dark eldar tactica and came across 4chan. Glad to knoe its all trash lol.