PDA

View Full Version : What codex are Admech best suited for?

Ze_Shoggoth
07-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Honestly it's a choice between Chaos space Marines
Or Grey Knights

Help??

Fatagn!

Tyrendian
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
GK are pretty much the perfect fit... let's go through some of the stuff...
omnipresent Psychic Powers = omnipresent bionic enhancements and/or drugs
Inquisitors = Magi
Retinue = "regular" Tech Guard
GK characters = Skitarii officers
Grey Knights = Skitarii in all their variants
Tanks = check, including some wonky upgrades
Walkers/DK = check
Assassins = either the Magos has enough influence to actually get the real deal, or they represent extensively enhanced agents

Chaos? interesting idea... hadn't considered that before, but Oblits, Defilers, Heldrakes, even the Cult Marines work pretty well... I'd stick with GK though, just fits better imo...

YorkNecromancer
07-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm running a combination of Imperial Guard (Infantry Platoons with minimum Infantry squads and maximum Heavy Weapon Teams) and actual Adeptus Mechanicus (Thallaxi with Mechanicus Land Raider support). I've also got my Pre-heresy Iron Hands, which is basically made up of Breacher Teams and Dreadnought Talons. Oh, and lots of Servitors with Rotor Cannon.

I don't think either of the armies you suggest reflect the AdMech terribly well, as CSM are too assault-oriented, and Grey Knights don't really fit at all (apart from the obvious use of Henchmen).

I suppose you could run an all-Obliterator style CSM list, or else a GK list with lots of Arco-Flagellants, assault gun henchmen and Techmarines.

I'd also suggest going Blood Angels as they can run more Dreadnoughts. Either that or bog-standard Marines with plenty of Techmarines and Thunderfire cannon.

jifel
07-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Well, Chaos could be good. (even with Daemon allies). Basic marines, zombies, and cultists, with all the marks, allows a lot of versatility in the forces, plus a variety of versatile walkers in the book, between Daemons and Chaos. Or, Chaos and Guard to add stormtroopers, Vets, vehicles.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Walker-heavy Chaos could work, especially since they have Cultists now.

A Coteaz-Henchmen list is very effective, although the psyker-rule stuck to the techmarines&henchmen is irritating.

Dalleron
07-03-2013, 10:42 PM
No one mentioned Necrons. Surely all those tombspiders, arks of whathaveyou, stalkers could all make for some interesting Admech things. Crons are all ubertech, which I imagine is something I think Admech would be.

Ze_Shoggoth
07-03-2013, 10:49 PM
No one mentioned Necrons. Surely all those tombspiders, arks of whathaveyou, stalkers could all make for some interesting Admech things. Crons are all ubertech, which I imagine is something I think Admech would be.

I did want to stay away from Necrons but it does look that way may be the way to go. ( though I'm still unsure what my knight Titan conversion will be )

The army will be based in the Callaxis sector so for the Lords dragon it may be a good fit. I am still heavily unsure though.

Fatagn!

Ankhalagon
07-04-2013, 12:27 AM
I am working with this one:
http://www.tempusfugitives.co.uk/pdf/40k/Codex%20Cult%20Mechanicus.pdf

Its pretty good.

miteyheroes
07-04-2013, 03:05 AM
I favour CSM, with all the walkers. Especially CSM with Ork Allies (the ork allies giving you assault skitarii / ork boys and robots / killer kanz).

YorkNecromancer
07-04-2013, 09:48 AM
I suppose the thing to bear in mind is the WHFB parallels - Necrons are Tomb Kings IN SPACE!, and a few times it's been mentioned here that Jes Goodwin's vision of the AdMech is Vampire Counts IN SPACE!

Which makes sense: Servitors basically = zombies after all.