Nightspinner
CTM, HF

Nightspinner
CTM, HF

Hey look...

My Ctrl-V buttons work too!!!

G00dySmiley
07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
strong list, though you lack any way to deal with AV 14 reliably.

perhaps kick a DA squad and a nightspinner for a group of fire dragons to open up land raiders and then everythign else wipes the insides... or runs away

that should even give enough points to throw in some outflanking rangers to come in late and sit on an objective with stealth

Garradh
07-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Two antitank weapons? Good luck. I suppose the Nightspinners can help out with AV12-13 vehicles, but not reliably.

Also why the Crystal Targetting Matrices on the Nightspinners? I can see them being useful for scramming from a melee threat, but that's a lot of points for a vehicle that can move 12" and still shoot already.

Angelofblades
07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Also why the Crystal Targetting Matrices on the Nightspinners? I can see them being useful for scramming from a melee threat, but that's a lot of points for a vehicle that can move 12" and still shoot already.

Well the Doomspinners are S8 vs vehicles, also they hit Side armor, not sure about you, but I don't know about too many vehicles that can take a S8 shot to side armor.

Also, not sure if you read the different firing modes on the Doomweaver, but it has a torrent template, that again, vs vehicles, is S8. With CTM, if I go first, I have a nice funky alpha strike

That's a 12" move in the movement phase
24" boost in the shooting phase
then the additional 12" from torrent and then 8" template.

Heck, I think I could fly over enemy units to burn rear armor for multiple units, unless I'm mistaken.

So while the enemy is still stuck in his deployment zone, he's taken 3 S8 templates, then the shots from all the Wave Serpents.

It was just an idea, didn't think it was that hard to figure out.

Garradh
07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
It's a one-trick pony that relies on their infantry being tightly packed enough on Turn 1 that the Torrent gets its maximum effectiveness, while leaving yourself sitting up close and personal to all of their counterattacks and antitank weapons. If their infantry is that tightly packed, just lob a 5" blast at them and save yourself 45 points, all from the comfort of your deployment zone.

Against hordes you're already moving 12", shooting 12", and then getting 8" from the template, more than enough range to be dropping it in their deployment zone. It's just an idea, I wouldn't think saving 45 points for something you can already do anyway is that hard to figure out.

Dave Mcturk
07-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I tend to agree with garadh...
think an opponent might fall for it once if they don't see the trap...