PDA

View Full Version : 500 Point Space Marines v Orks

Camael
07-01-2013, 06:04 PM
So, for fun, a friend and I are doing a quick 500 in a few days. I thought I might be a troll and do this:
HQ:
Libby
-Avenger, Biomancy

Troops:
5 Scouts
-Close Combat

5 Scouts
-Shotguns

Heavy Support:
Landraider

The plan is to put everyone in the landraider and have it shoot everything for 4 turns. Then, my whole army gets out to take objectives and contest. Thoughts?

Urtyfang
07-01-2013, 06:40 PM
You can only have 1 squad of scouts and the attached HQ in the land raider. pg 78 transport capacity.

At 500 points orks will struggle to deal with the land raider.

The orks will probably have either 2x 30 boys, or 3x20 boys. and a KFF mek. SO if you can stay away from the Klaws you should be fine, they will get to camp 2 objectives as well. the mob with HQ exposed should draw all your shooting.

If you get out on turn 5 and they still have a bunch of orks left, you might be in trouble if it goes to turn 6 or 7.

Themaninthegreenhat
07-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Pretty trolly,i thought the other side was the green little annoying fellow ;)

It'd troll me, unless he has a bigmek with a ZZZaappa, or what it is called, or rocket launchers.The thing is, he could sneak upa horde with a nob with powerclaw and strike the rear armour, with a green tide army (if that is that players fancy) then that will happen at the latest, turn 3.

But it is a pretty hypothetical idea.

Wolfshade
07-03-2013, 06:44 AM
I would say replace the LR with a Crusader.
If facing a green tide, having high strength weapons is useless (well comparatively) it is better instead to have high number of shots.
Also, LR all armour facings are the same value so don't need to sneak up behind it.

If I were facing this. I would keep surrounding the tank to keep whatever units were in it stuck in it unable to dissembark.

Dave Mcturk
07-03-2013, 06:57 AM
if you are feeling mean, and know you are playing an opponent who wont sulk too much, just take your best mix of missile launchers and flamers... pop the greenskins out of their boxes and then roast them... even meganobz dont like rokkits..

dont bother with character upgrades as hopefully you wont let him get that close and if he has powerfist nobz they kill you better... and he will challenge...

and thinking about it...
orcz vehicles are massively overpriced, except battlewaggons at and at 500pts not sure he will risk the point sink, so he will either be wholly on foot or on bikes... but even bikes dislike rokkits... and 500pts doesnt buy many bikes !

think rorkes drift and you wont go far wrong !

Camael
07-03-2013, 08:42 AM
What about:
Libby

5 Scouts
-Snipers, Heavy Bolter

5 Scouts
-CC

Landraider Redeemer

BBQ Ork!

Dave Mcturk
07-03-2013, 09:20 AM
used to play lots of 400pts games at my LGC, 3 or 4 games per night, swapping tables and playing with different armies.

simple rule changes were no vehicles over 12 armour on front, no HQ with more than 2 wounds ... [ie 3 became 2 but full points]

worked well under 5th...