PDA

View Full Version : Drop Pod assault clarification

borginator
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
So I have a question about the drop pod assault rules, specifically about the pods arriving on the first turn: Do they need to rolled for like reserves? Or do they come in automatically? I was under the assumption they need to be rolled for.

Culven
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
The first wave of pods comes in automatically. The only thing to roll for them is scatter. The rest of the pods will arrive from Reserves as normal and will need to be rolled for each turn.

borginator
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Ah, bugger, thanks for the clarification. I've been playing them the wrong way then

Culven
11-12-2009, 01:56 PM
How have you been playing them since the rules say half arrive the first turn and there are no numbers given on the Reserves table for rolling on the first turn.

Lord Azaghul
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
How have you been playing them since the rules say half arrive the first turn and there are no numbers given on the Reserves table for rolling on the first turn.

I assume he was rolling for the first half on turn 1.

ggg
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey, if you like rolling for your drop pods and want to avoid the 1st turn arrival - use the Black Templars or non C:SM Meq codexes! You also pay more points and have a worse BS!

borginator
11-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Yea I was rolling for the drop pods on turn 1. A SW player dropped two pods right in front of my leman russ's and got two 6's on penetration, boom 300 points gone without even doing anything.

Dingareth
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
And that's why you don't start vehicles on the board against players with Drop Pods... When will people learn?

DarkLink
11-13-2009, 02:46 PM
And that's why you don't start vehicles on the board against players with Drop Pods... When will people learn?

What if the SW player only had 3 pods? That would be, what, 600pts, maybe. In a 2000pt game, that wouldn't matter too much. By your logic, you can instantly control your opponents deployment simply by taking a pod or two, regardless of extenuating circumstances.

Anaximander
11-15-2009, 04:33 PM
If my drop pod makes you keep your vehicles off the board, I gain. Every turn your Russ is off table not firing, that is as good as a stunned result on the fire table.