PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Rumor Roundup

Bigred
06-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Lizardmen Rumor Roundup

6-27-2013

August release - After Apocalypse

Minis

New "giant dinosaur kit" (bigger than the Carnosaur)
New plastic "Terradon" kit - about the same size as the High Elves Phoenix
Coatl (may be the alternative build for the "Terradon" kit)
Finecast Slann

This picture of a "mystery dinosaur head" has been floating around:

Rules

Sacred Spawns return

via Dakka (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/541384.page): 7-22-2013

Warhammer: Lizardmen
· 96 page full colour, hardback Warhammer army book.

· Contains new Artwork, Background and Rules whilst showcasing the fantastic Warhammer miniature range.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Carnosaur

· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that makes one of four possible massive center-piece miniatures.

· HUGE - 8 inches long by 5 inches tall

· Can make an Oldblood on Carnosaur, Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur, Kroq-Gar on Carnosaur or Troglodon with Skink Oracle.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Terradon/ Ripperdactyl Riders

· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that can be assemble as either 3 Terradons or 3 Ripperdactyls, flying cavalry mounts ridden by Lizardmen Skinks.

· Included Parts to upgrade one Terradon rider to the special character Tiktaq'to.

Warhammer: Lizardman Bastiladon

· This box contains a brand new multipart plastic kit that makes a Bastiladon carrying either a Solar Engine or an Ark of Sotek.

Warhammer: Lizardman Skink Priest

· An addition to the popular plastic heroes Clampacks.

· The Lizardman Skink Priest is adorned in feathered plumes and carries a traditional Lizardman totem.

New Finecast Releases

Warhammer: Lizardmen Gor-Rok
· A Clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.

· A Lizardmen Special Character particularly suited to close combat.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Tetto'eko

· A boxset containing one finely detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.

· A skink Priets on a Palanquin.

Via Dustin Bainbridge 7-26-2013

- Jeremy Vetok is the author of Warhammer: Liardmen.
- No new Kroxigor, that model is the same as we already have.
- Magic is lore of High Magic. Lore attribute is called Contemplations. It is hard to read but here is what I got: If a spell of the Lore of High Magic is successfully cast by a Liardmen wizard. He can choose to forget the spell. At the end of the magic phase the wizard generates a new spell for each spell he choose to forget from the Lore of High Magic or another lore he also has available but the new spells will always have that (but could be "this", meaning Contemplations) spell lore's attribute. It is possible to generate the same spell as one that was forgotten or one he forgot in a previous phase. Edit: The more I look at this, the more I now think it says "that' meaning the spell gets its original Lore attribute.
- Still Kroxigor mixed with skink units. It is used in the batrep.
- Basic stegadon and both bastiladons are used as special units in the batrep.
- Troglodon and Salamanders are used as rares in the batrep.
- The Slann in the batrep takes Becalming Cogitations.
- Jungle swarms are used as special in the batrep.
- No mention of sacred spawnings or new special abilities on any old units used in batrep.
- All this is hard to read in the small preview image: Terradon Riders and Ripperdactyl Riders have 6+ scaly skin, are Flying Cav and cause Fear. The flaming bolas are an upgrade for the Terradon Riders with a 6" Range, Str 4, Flaming, Quick to Fire. Drop rocks looks to be D3 Str 4 as before. Ripperdactyls, but not riders, have Frenzy, Armor Piercing and Killing Blow. Looks like the Bloat Toads are placed into enemy units before the game starts, one for each unit of Ripperdactyl Riders. They give the Ripperdactyls frenzy D3+1 attacks instead of 1 against units that have them.
- "Many" models have a Predatory Fighters ability: When they roll a 6 To Hit in combat they get a bonus attack for free. The Troglodon's Primal Roar increases this to a 5+ for a single round of combat - not sure if it is just him or also units around him. Edit: I previously put "Many new models have Predatory Fighter". Troke didn't say "new" - he just said "many". So, old models/units could have it.
- The Bastilladon's Solar Engine seems like a buff wagon of some kind. In the bat rep write up Adam Troke talks about it increasing a unit of Saurus (already with Hand of Glory) in a combat with it to Initiative 4 - could be a buff bubble. Hand of Glory gives D3 Init I think, so maybe the Solar Engine gives +1....not sure. It also seems like he shoots it during the magic phase as a bound spell where it kills 7 guys. So it might do 2d6 hits or a template - not sure on Str.
- Skink Chief and Priest look to have Scaly Skin 6+. Could be all skinks have that now. It appears that they still have poisoned shooting. The Jungle Poisons rule is removed and the weapons, at least the Lustrian Javelins, are stated to be poisoned.
- Scar-Vet looks to have Preditory Fighter. Looks to be a slight drop in points. Profile appears the same.
- Oxyotl and TikTaq'To are listed in the heroes. Both looked to have drop in points by about a third of what they were.
- The retail prices that were previously posted seem to all be right what is listed here.
- Skink Chief dropped in points by almost a fourth. (Not posting exact points)
- Looking at the preview Rare page it seems to me that you can just upgrade the Ancient Steg to take an Engine of the Gods, unless it is taken as a mount for the Skink Chief. It is also listed as a mount for the Skink Priest. Must be the EotG works differently.
- Base costs of the Stegs look pretty comparable to their current costs. Ancient Steg drops by about 15%, but then you have a couple upgrades. Ancient Steg and Regadon can take Unstoppable Stampede and Sharpened Horns upgrades. Not sure what those do. According to the mount cost on a Skink Chief the Regadon drops a little also.
- Ancient Steg appears to be split profile.
- Razordon hunting pack see a drop in points. Salamanders a slight increase.

energongoodie
06-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Clever girl.

Dimitrios
06-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Clever girl.

I approve this quote...

el_tigre
06-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Glad the sacred spawnings are back, i've been toying with the idea if repainting about 200 red crests since sotek's armies were so cruelly neutered. Score one for procrastination.

Chris*ta
06-29-2013, 11:45 AM

Rules

A grainy picture of a lizardlike creature? Someone call the papers!

Sacred Spawns return

I wasn't aware they'd been taken away ... then again, I don't follow Warhammer ...

Any ideas on what their army wide rule is going to be? I know they have Cold-blooded, but I feel like they should get something non-boring ...

ak318
06-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Any ideas on what their army wide rule is going to be? I know they have Cold-blooded, but I feel like they should get something non-boring ...

It may be boring but it can be a game winner.

Da Gof Rockerz
06-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Glad the sacred spawnings are back, i've been toying with the idea if repainting about 200 red crests since sotek's armies were so cruelly neutered. Score one for procrastination.

Agreed, they add a lot of character to the list.

Lord Sandwich
06-30-2013, 03:14 PM

Hmmm...

New plastic "Terradon" kit - about the same size as the High Elves Phoenix

HMMMMMMMM...

brotherskeeper74
06-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Oh, for the love of all that's holy!!! Just tell us already!!!

Ok. Sorry about that.

Can't wait till they come out.

Vangrail
06-30-2013, 10:33 PM
I want kroxigor nakai as a lord choice........

lordunborn
07-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Hmmm...

HMMMMMMMM...

Yeah. That looks like a plastic Terradon head.

Dustin Bainbridge
07-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Boy, I really hope there are more releases than this. Lizardmen only have two real units that are viable infantry blocks and they are so light on core choices (again only 2 if you don't count useless swarms).

Skinks just don't count as a ranked up unit. For me, they are just too expensive for a T2 model to rank up. Even with Krox mixed in, the skinks just give away too much combat res for it to be worth it. Was really hoping for another infantry unit, like a savage saurus unit with frenzy and 2hw or something.

But maybe the sacred spawnings will take care of all that and give us different options using the same models and all will be good. Also, I have a gut feeling that a light version of the Stegadon will be made core but maybe I'm wishlisting.

eldargal
07-01-2013, 11:47 PM
I don't usually know anything or hear anything, but yesterday I was talking to someone who works for GW and he confirmed, to the best of his knowledge, this schedule:

August: Lizardmen, but that's not all
September: Big Surprise!
October: Space Marines, more than you expect
November: Dark Elves, more surprises
December: Hobbit
January: Dwarfs, and yes, more surprises

I stopped there because all I am really interested in are Dwarfs. I asked if the Big Surprise was Blood Bowl but he wouldn't say. I asked if the small surprises were supplement codices for 40k and he just smirked. I then asked if WHFB was going to get supplemental army books and he said he hadn't heard, but wouldn't be surprised.

I know people say these guys don't know any more than we do, but there it is for what it's worth.

Bb
Unproven source but seems plausible.

Havik110
07-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Boy, I really hope there are more releases than this. Lizardmen only have two real units that are viable infantry blocks and they are so light on core choices (again only 2 if you don't count useless swarms).

Skinks just don't count as a ranked up unit. For me, they are just too expensive for a T2 model to rank up. Even with Krox mixed in, the skinks just give away too much combat res for it to be worth it. Was really hoping for another infantry unit, like a savage saurus unit with frenzy and 2hw or something.

But maybe the sacred spawnings will take care of all that and give us different options using the same models and all will be good. Also, I have a gut feeling that a light version of the Stegadon will be made core but maybe I'm wishlisting.

I would imagine we will have a light Calvary unit made core...we used to have skinks on cold ones...

I am still hoping for monstrous cavalry units like carnosaur cav...

Dustin Bainbridge
07-03-2013, 11:41 AM
I would imagine we will have a light Calvary unit made core...we used to have skinks on cold ones...

I am still hoping for monstrous cavalry units like carnosaur cav...

Hmm...What could be light cav? Terradons maybe, but they almost sound like they could be getting bigger. Or getting an ancient size one that is on a chariot base, by the sounds of it. Also, they'd have to really drop in points to make it feasible.

Skinks on Cold Ones as light cav? That'd be neat but maybe too similar to Cold One Riders. Hopefully It'd be something new like sinks on raptors....with feathers. I guess that is basically the same as cold ones tho. ;) LOL.

A cav size dino war beast unit could almost fit the same bill too. I'd be up for that. Tbh, with chameleon skinks and 6 inch move, I just don't know if light cav is a big need, but I'd welcome it.

Lizardmen are one of those armies that are a no brainer for deserving monstrous cav. Some of the rumors I've read have put that in but it is hard to know what to trust. I easily could see the carnosaur changed to just be monstrous cav, with a unit to go along with it - I kind hope that happens. But I'll wait to start prying Kroq-Gar off of his 50mm base.

One big change we need is special characters that aren't terrible or woefully over-priced. Ours are mostly a joke.

Pitaya
07-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Plastic Terradons if I am not mistaken! These fellas come out in the same month of my birthday. A perfect aligning of the astral bodies yeah!

Can we turn this into a wish mode thread? I am pretty used to warseer kind of forums so, you know.

Anyways Skinks on Horned ones would be pretty cool. I am not very fond on the idea of turning the carnosaur into a heavy cavalry unit, I feel that would take away its uniqueness and fluffiness.
Maybe the sacred spawnings could help us shape our saurus and skinks into more specialized core unit choices?

Really hoping for an Arcanodon here.

Bigred
07-19-2013, 12:38 PM
You have fun talking about Lizardmen Pitaya - this isn't Warseer.
:)

Cactus
07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
I imagine the writer of the book has been working on a new set of puns to name the characters... "TaQ-O Bhel" or "Kree 'pe Kraw 'le".

pgarfunkle
07-22-2013, 01:26 AM
Rumours have gone up on warseer based on new stock order forms apparently confirming plastic terradons and a new monster called a "Bastidon". Also possibly a reworked carnosaur and a magic deck. The rumours appear to have been pulled from twitter and can be found on a couple of different blogs from there now.

Can't post links because of a problem on my phone but will do so when I get to work.

Edit:

Now at work and able to post links
http://plastickrak.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/lizardmen-for-august.html?m=1

http://www.thefieldsofblood.com/2013/07/new-lizardmen-in-august.html?spref=tw&m=1

Solution9
07-22-2013, 03:48 AM
If there are magic cards to follow does that mean Lizardmen are receiving their own lore?

pgarfunkle
07-22-2013, 04:03 AM
No one has confirmed whether it will be Lizard specific as there was and is a rumour that they will get access to high magic as apparently they have has this before. I am hoping for a lizard specific lore however

pgarfunkle
07-22-2013, 06:29 AM
From Iamjack42 via warseer

From Dakka:

Warhammer: Lizardmen
· 96 page full colour, hardback Warhammer army book.

· Contains new Artwork, Background and Rules whilst showcasing the fantastic Warhammer miniature range.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Carnosaur

· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that makes one of four possible massive center-piece miniatures.

· HUGE - 8 inches long by 5 inches tall

· Can make an Oldblood on Carnosaur, Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur, Kroq-Gar on Carnosaur or Troglodon with Skink Oracle.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Terradon/ Ripperdactyl Riders

· This box contains a multi-part plastic kit that can be assemble as either 3 Terradons or 3 Ripperdactyls, flying cavalry mounts ridden by Lizardmen Skinks.

· Included Parts to upgrade one Terradon rider to the special character Tiktaq'to.

Warhammer: Lizardman Bastiladon

· This box contains a brand new multipart plastic kit that makes a Bastiladon carrying either a Solar Engine or an Ark of Sotek.

Warhammer: Lizardman Skink Priest

· An addition to the popular plastic heroes Clampacks.

· The Lizardman Skink Priest is adorned in feathered plumes and carries a traditional Lizardman totem.

New Finecast Releases

Warhammer: Lizardmen Gor-Rok
· A Clampack that contains one highly detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.

· A Lizardmen Special Character particularly suited to close combat.

Warhammer: Lizardmen Tetto'eko

· A boxset containing one finely detailed Citadel Finecast resin miniature.

· A skink Priets on a Palanquin.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/541384.page

Nothing there about a Lizardman lore however

PS: sorry for the double post, I couldn't figure out how to quote without replying... and now I have.

Mr Mystery
07-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Beat me to it, you bumbag! :p

And in a complete surprise to no one, psyched for this release! I love big monsters me!

pgarfunkle
07-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Lol I have been watching this one closely, really looking forward the new monsters too.

Mr Mystery
07-22-2013, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is a Lizard Lore. Always been kind of surprised there hasn't been one so far.

Particularly for Skinks. Lore of Heavens is such a dreary, boring and predictable Lore!

pgarfunkle
07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't mind the lore of heavens especially when opponents have lots of fliers, but options would be nice

magickbk
07-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Teaser video is on WD Daily.

Build
07-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Teaser video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tel7_mFfXc

Ah well, at least we have a date, if nothing else.

Also, SQUEEEEEEEEEE! New lizardmen!:D

Mr Mystery
07-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Peakchurs!!!!!

Imma let you finish when i peakchurs!!!!!!!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-22-2013, 06:03 PM
I like Lizord. :3

MarneusCalgar
07-22-2013, 07:52 PM
http://es-es.twitch.tv/miniwargaming/b/434429657

Just go to minute 37... And youŽll see the light tonight

Cheers!!

Chapter Master Jake
07-22-2013, 08:30 PM
This release, out of all races ever in Games Workshop, might just successfully motivate me to take up a single army and run with it.

eldargal
07-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Terrible photos, promising looking kits though.

I like Kroq-Gar and the Bastilodon, judging from the video.

Mr Mystery
07-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Nice!

I like them :)

Time to dust off the Ogres.....looks like dinner is served!

pgarfunkle
07-23-2013, 12:20 AM
I've only seen the blurry white dwarf on warseer and here so far, will need to watch the video on a computer later today, but am pleased so far. Really wishing my white dwarf would arrive early! Hopefully news of some rules will start to break soon

Pitaya Crimson
07-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Well, I only like the new carnosaurus and Gor-Rok
The rest look too fugly, specially the ankylosaur turd like giant lizard, it looks just too damn silly. What was wrong with an Arcanodon?
That's the only thing that I asked for, An Arcanodon and a Coatl.

billytwix
07-23-2013, 01:07 AM
"we can't show the page with the prices"
from the miniwargaming vid

whats up with that? is there some default protocol for 'leaks' for WD or new kits?
also the hulk for ios http://www.spacehulk-game.com/ not sure if anybody has linked this before...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-23-2013, 03:36 AM
That's awesome.

DO WANT.

Dustin Bainbridge
07-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Somebody please post some good pics! These low res vid grabs are pretty terrible, but better than nothing. From what I can see the new stuff looks pretty good. Was really hoping for some infantry but alas, I guess we will just have to settle for sacred spawnings if the rumor of their return is true.

The Carnosaur/Troglodon kit looks great but I think the characters standing up on them a little odd. I guess it's cool you could put the characters on foot as an infantry model if you aren't using them mounted. It looks like Kroaq-Gar is seated on a big saddle throne though. I personally think the old carnosaur looked fine, especially if you based it to give it a bit more height, so I wish they would have created a different big monster. But if this guy is as big as promised (it hard to tell from the pics) I think it'll grow on me.

Also, the Troglodon spits acid(?) so that's awesome.

The Bastilodon kit looks alright, but it seems like a pretty static pose. Must be it isn't an aggressive dino? The Ark of Sotec is heated up snakes that go out and attack stuff? Odd. Gotta read the fluff on that one cause I don't get it. With Razordon's, Salamanders and the Stegadon weapons lizardmen seem like one of the oddball shooting armies.

I also wish we weren't using a release slot on Terradons. The old models were only like 4 years old, but they were terrible to assemble back when they were metal. I do like how the Terradons look to be carrying rocks for dropping now but are the riders carrying flaming spears or something? Hard to tell. Ripperdactyls will be rules dependent for me. They do look like they kind of have piranha heads.

The pics of the three new character models are so blurry it is hard to get any of the detail of how they really look out of them. You can already make a Tetto-Eko by taking the skink priest and throne from the engine of the gods and putting it on a flying stick on a 40 mm, so not sure we really needed that model.

New magic cards? It is our own lore or are the rumors of lizardmen getting High Magic with a different attribute true? Where are the rules leaks?

Dustin Bainbridge
07-23-2013, 08:05 AM

Agreed. We've had these things in the fluff or the old Lustria book for years now. That pic of the skink priest riding on a Coatl in the 7th edition book has taunted me for years. Why didn't we get that?

MarneusCalgar
07-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Ok, everyone stay calmed...

Maybe today we have better pics from the magazine. From here to Thursday weŽll get better caps

Learn2Eel
07-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Has anyone heard who the army book author might be? I'm assuming it's not Matt Ward, as I - and everyone else - expect him to be writing Space Marines. Wouldn't surprise me if it is Cruddace.

Chapter Master Jake
07-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Well, I only like the new carnosaurus and Gor-Rok
The rest look too fugly, specially the ankylosaur turd like giant lizard, it looks just too damn silly. What was wrong with an Arcanodon?

You signed up just to troll this thread mister 1 post? Go away.

I think everything here is amazing. As I said earlier, this just might make me buy a Warhammer rulebook, the new Lizardmen rulebook, and a nice big box of awesome.

pgarfunkle
07-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Has anyone heard who the army book author might be? I'm assuming it's not Matt Ward, as I - and everyone else - expect him to be writing Space Marines. Wouldn't surprise me if it is Cruddace.

I think I saw somewhere in the Warseer thread that the author was Jeremy Vettock

Build
07-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Peakchurs!!!!!

Imma let you finish when i peakchurs!!!!!!!

PEAKCHURS YOU SAY?

Big thanks to N810 for the images.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard11-1.jpg (http://s96.photobucket.com/user/nbundick/media/nbundick001/Clipboard11-1.jpg.html) - be interesting to see this one in person, at the moment, anatomy (muscular anatomy) looks off in places.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard10.jpg (http://s96.photobucket.com/user/nbundick/media/nbundick001/Clipboard10.jpg.html)

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard08-1.jpg (http://s96.photobucket.com/user/nbundick/media/nbundick001/Clipboard08-1.jpg.html)

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard07-1.jpg (http://s96.photobucket.com/user/nbundick/media/nbundick001/Clipboard07-1.jpg.html)

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard06-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard05-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard04-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard03-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard02-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard01-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l198/nbundick/nbundick001/th_Clipboard10-1.jpg

Build
07-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Also, I just found this too.

Looks like new kroxigor minis.

Dustin Bainbridge
07-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the pics Build. The lighting was better on these so the colors come through better but I'm still hoping for some higher res pics. These are still pretty darn blurry - but appreciated.

We especially need a high res pic of those magic cards to check out the spells. Or somebody with the magazine can give us a clue as to what the spells are.

Edit: Hard to tell but those Krox look the same as the current models to me. The middle one might be different....

Build
07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the pics Build. The lighting was better on these so the colors come through better but I'm still hoping for some higher res pics. These are still pretty darn blurry - but appreciated.

We especially need a high res pic of those magic cards to check out the spells. Or somebody with the magazine can give us a clue as to what the spells are.

Edit: Hard to tell but those Krox look the same as the current models to me. The middle one might be different....

Yeah the middle one looked different, unless it's Nakai (please, for the love of God, DON'T BE NAKAI!) all the images got pulled from this video (37 minutes in).

http://es-es.twitch.tv/miniwargaming/b/434429657

EDIT: found this too, looks like a new cold one sculpt, very blurry though, so near impossible to make out what it really is, look for the redish creature half way down the page on the right.

Ogrelord
07-23-2013, 02:48 PM
EDIT: found this too, looks like a new cold one sculpt, very blurry though, so near impossible to make out what it really is, look for the redish creature half way down the page on the right.
4398[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's one of the variations from the new Carnosaur kit

Jared van Kell
07-24-2013, 10:15 AM

That is Krok-gar on his Carnosaur.

JvK :cool:

Dustin Bainbridge
07-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Edit: Added in the Lore Attribute and Terradon/Ripperdactyl info. Some additions and edits in bold.

Just got my White Dwarf - crazy early for me as I usually get it the first week of the month. Quick notes as I'm just home on my lunch....and some during break.

- Jeremy Vetok is the author of Warhammer: Liardmen.
- Magic is lore of High Magic. Lore attribute is called Contemplations. It is hard to read but here is what I got: If a spell of the Lore of High Magic is successfully cast by a Liardmen wizard. He can choose to forget the spell. At the end of the magic phase the wizard generates a new spell for each spell he choose to forget from the Lore of High Magic or another lore he also has available but the new spells will always have that (but could be "this", meaning Contemplations) spell lore's attribute. It is possible to generate the same spell as one that was forgotten or one he forgot in a previous phase. Edit: The more I look at this, the more I now think it says "that' meaning the spell gets its original Lore attribute.
- No mention of sacred spawnings or new special abilities on any old units used in batrep.
- All this is hard to read in the small preview image: Terradon Riders and Ripperdactyl Riders have 6+ scaly skin, are Flying Cav and cause Fear. The flaming bolas are an upgrade for the Terradon Riders with a 6" Range, Str 4, Flaming, Quick to Fire. Drop rocks looks to be D3 Str 4 as before. Ripperdactyls, but not riders, have Frenzy, Armor Piercing and Killing Blow. Looks like the Bloat Toads are placed into enemy units before the game starts, one for each unit of Ripperdactyl Riders. They give the Ripperdactyls frenzy D3+1 attacks instead of 1 against units that have them.
- "Many" models have a Predatory Fighters ability: When they roll a 6 To Hit in combat they get a bonus attack for free. The Troglodon's Primal Roar increases this to a 5+ for a single round of combat - not sure if it is just him or also units around him. Edit: I previously put "Many new models have Predatory Fighter". Troke didn't say "new" - he just said "many". So, old models/units could have it.
- The Bastilladon's Solar Engine seems like a buff wagon of some kind. In the bat rep write up Adam Troke talks about it increasing a unit of Saurus (already with Hand of Glory) in a combat with it to Initiative 4 - could be a buff bubble. Hand of Glory gives D3 Init I think, so maybe the Solar Engine gives +1....not sure. It also seems like he shoots it during the magic phase as a bound spell where it kills 7 guys. So it might do 2d6 hits or a template - not sure on Str.
- Skink Chief and Priest look to have Scaly Skin 6+. Could be all skinks have that now. It appears that they still have poisoned shooting. The Jungle Poisons rule is removed and the weapons, at least the Lustrian Javelins, are stated to be poisoned.
- Scar-Vet looks to have Preditory Fighter. Looks to be a slight drop in points. Profile appears the same.
- Oxyotl and TikTaq'To are listed in the heroes. Both looked to have drop in points by about a third of what they were.
- The retail prices that were previously posted seem to all be right what is listed here.
- Skink Chief dropped in points by almost a fourth. (Not posting exact points)
- Looking at the preview Rare page it seems to me that you can just upgrade the Ancient Steg to take an Engine of the Gods, unless it is taken as a mount for the Skink Chief. It is also listed as a mount for the Skink Priest. Must be the EotG works differently.
- Base costs of the Stegs look pretty comparable to their current costs. Ancient Steg drops by about 15%, but then you have a couple upgrades. Ancient Steg and Regadon can take Unstoppable Stampede and Sharpened Horns upgrades. Not sure what those do. According to the mount cost on a Skink Chief the Regadon drops a little also.
- Ancient Steg appears to be split profile.
- Razordon hunting pack see a drop in points. Salamanders a slight increase.

Well, I think that is about all I can glean from WD. If anything else pops up at me as I read it more thoroughly, I'll add it.

Havik110
07-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Agreed. We've had these things in the fluff or the old Lustria book for years now. That pic of the skink priest riding on a Coatl in the 7th edition book has taunted me for years. Why didn't we get that?

wait on the lustria forgeworld book...i would imagine they will becoming there...I cant wait for my dread saurian...

Build
07-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Edit: Added in the Lore Attribute and Terradon/Ripperdactyl info.

Just got my White Dwarf - crazy early for me as I usually get it the first week of the month. Quick notes as I'm just home on my lunch....and some during break.

- Jeremy Vetok is the author of Warhammer: Liardmen!
- Magic is lore of High Magic. Lore attribute is called Contemplations. It is hard to read but here is what I got: If a spell of the Lore of High Magic is successfully cast by a Liardmen wizard. He can choose to forget the spell. At the end of the magic phase the wizard generates a new spell for each spell he choose to forget from the Lore of High Magic or another lore he also has available but the new spells will always have this spell lore attribute. It is possible to generate the same spell as one that was forgotten or one he forgot in a previous phase.
- All this is hard to read in the small preview image: Terradon Riders and Ripperdactyl Riders have 6+ scaly skin. The flaming bolas are an upgrade for the Terradon Riders with a 6" Range, Str 4, Flaming, Quick to Fire. Drop rocks looks to be D3 Str 4 as before. Ripperdactyls, but not riders, have Frenzy and Killing Blow. Looks like the Bloat Toads are placed into enemy units before the game starts, one for each unit of Ripperdactyl Riders. They give the Ripperdactyls frenzy D3+1 attacks instead of 1 against units that have them.
- Many new models have a Predatory Fighters ability: When they roll a 6 To Hit in combat they get a bonus attack for free. The Troglodon's Primal Roar increases this to a 5+ for a single round of combat - not sure if it is just him or also units around him.
- The Bastilladon's Solar Engine seems like a buff wagon of some kind. In the bat rep write up Adam Troke talks about it increases a unit Saurus (already with Hand of Glory) in a combat with it to Initiative 4 - could be a buff bubble. It also seems like he shoots it during the magic phase as a bound spell.

Any hint of whether Kroxigors have their strength 5 back or are they staying nerfed?

Dustin Bainbridge
07-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Any hint of whether Kroxigors have their strength 5 back or are they staying nerfed?

Can't tell Build. They don't have a Specials page as a little preview insert. In the Batrep the mixed Skrox unit beats on skeletons but I can't find where they slide in any specifics on their Strength.

AlwaysALighthouse
07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all this Dustin!

A quick question, when you say the Stegadon cost is comparable, do you mean its now cheaper or more expensive? Obviously not asking for exact points, just an indication one way or the other.

Dustin Bainbridge
07-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all this Dustin!

A quick question, when you say the Stegadon cost is comparable, do you mean its now cheaper or more expensive? Obviously not asking for exact points, just an indication one way or the other.

Post above edited to give a better idea.

Dustin Bainbridge
07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
http://raffazza.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-better-lizardmen-pictures.html?spref=tw

Better quality pics. Not by me.

AlwaysALighthouse
07-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Thanks again Dustin!

Dustin Bainbridge
07-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Saw a lot of concerns over the profiles changing for Saurus and Skinks on Warseer and Lustria Online. From what I can see there is nothing in White Dwarf to confirm the number of attacks on Saurus or if they even get Predatory Fighting. Also, I don't see the term Jungle Poisons or Poison Attacks anywhere on the skink heroes, but their "Lustrian javelins" are stated to be poisoned.

The Scar-vet looks to have the same profile to me with 4 attacks and Predatory Fighting, if that does anything for ya. Also, the Terradon and Ripperdactyls both appear to say Flying Cavalry and not Monstrous Cavalry. And they both cause Fear.

I'll update my post above with this also.

Proteus
07-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Oh yes.

REJOICE LIZARDMEN COLLECTORS! Plastic Saurus characters finally look like the predatory, reptilian, theropod-like warriors form Lizardmen, GW artwork. I can't wait to use the Kroq-Gar bits as conversion base for my Saurus. I am also craving for a better look at what that plastic Scar Veteran has to offer.

Such is the power of high-res magic. I mean, the Bastiladon suddenly went from a chubby pokemon, to probably one of the most detailed and imposing kits in a long time. Look at the picture of the one whose carapace is painted dark blue with red pattern. Look at it! The Carnosaur is less scary. :)

Also I really like that the "Aztec feel" is now not only limited to armour, iconography, apparel and weapons, but is also visible in the very design of the monsters. Carnosaur is no longer just a Fantasy, T-rex wannabe. The beast's very shapes and head have that characteristic, Aztec, serpentine vibe to them. Which is awesome. Great way to further distinguish Lustria denizens and make them more "Warhammer'y".

Build
07-25-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the photos, so far all looking very promising

Except for Gor-Rok, there's some very sloppy anatomy on that mini, they've sculpted the latissimus dorsi attaching half way down the humorous and on the underside of it.

Build
07-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Saw this on Itunes and Warseer, thought it might make a few of you a little more interested.

I don't think it's a hint of sacred spawnings being back as Xhotl was a spawning unique to Krok gar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/N-large/ScreenShot2013-07-27at151832_zps449b6dc7.png

ElectricPaladin
07-27-2013, 03:28 PM
That's it. I'm mostly painting Khador for Warmachine right now, but when I need a break... I'm getting my Lizardmen finished, so I can get some new Lizard toys.

Mr Mystery
07-27-2013, 04:01 PM
That's it. I'm mostly painting Khador for Warmachine right now, but when I need a break... I'm getting my Lizardmen finished, so I can get some new Lizard toys.

Warmahordes r rubbish in the face!

Lizardmen. NAOW!

Mr Mystery
07-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Saw a lot of concerns over the profiles changing for Saurus and Skinks on Warseer and Lustria Online. From what I can see there is nothing in White Dwarf to confirm the number of attacks on Saurus or if they even get Predatory Fighting. Also, I don't see the term Jungle Poisons or Poison Attacks anywhere on the skink heroes, but their "Lustrian javelins" are stated to be poisoned.

The Scar-vet looks to have the same profile to me with 4 attacks and Predatory Fighting, if that does anything for ya. Also, the Terradon and Ripperdactyls both appear to say Flying Cavalry and not Monstrous Cavalry. And they both cause Fear.

I'll update my post above with this also.

I'd welcome the demise of poisoned Skinks.

Why? I play Ogres. And I like my big (largely poorly armoured) creatures. Poison sucks balls for us.

I pay a hell of a lot of points for my guys, and to be bumped off that easily is most unwelcome!

Cap'nSmurfs
07-28-2013, 03:24 AM
If I wasn't committed to Eldar... I'm finding it real hard to resist these new Leezards.

Build
07-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Another small sneak peak.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/SL-PN/Other/image_zps60a21588.jpg

As you can see not bad looking (though I thought the armour save said 3+, I think it's far more likely to be a 5+)

Also some additional options

Bloodroar 25 points
Leaping strike/stride 15 points

Not sure what they do.

Vangrail
07-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Personally ithink naki would be awesome but thats just me.......

Mr Mystery
07-29-2013, 05:20 AM
Predatory Fighter listed as well. Hurrah!

Learn2Eel
08-01-2013, 12:17 AM
I've read a whole bunch of confirmed details about the book, and I must say, despite usually being an optimist and waiting for a book to come out to know everything, things are looking quite shoddy for Lizardmen. Not terrible or anything, but the confirmed stuff I've seen are real downers. The worst one that I can tell is that the new Predatory Fighters special rule means the unit cannot test to restrain pursuit unless a Skink character is within 6". Skink characters are cheap and all, but where does that leave room for Scar Veterans and the like? Against a decent opponent that knows how to properly bait Frenzied units with Ellyrion Reavers and their equivalents, PF is looking like a massive liability. You can find the rest for yourselves if you want via Warseer and the like. I'm going to wait until I have the book in my hands to make a proper judgement on everything, as we usually only see doom and gloom pre-release anyway.