PDA

View Full Version : White Dwarf Early Leak

Librarian Harker
06-27-2013, 09:40 AM
I found that my local supermarket has put White Dwarf on the shelves a couple of days early, so i thought I would share with you the info contained within.

Khorne Lord Of Skulls - 888 points F13 S13 R11 HP9 WS4 BS3 St10

Has a destroyer melee weapon and a hellstorm weapon that causes instant death and another which fires a strength 9 apocalyptic blast

Necron Tesseract Vault

No details on the armor and points, but it will have six weapons systems to choose from one of which can fire 6D6 St8 AP 3 shots per turn. Looks like its not a flyer as a group of Deathwing knights are able to destroy it in hand to hand in the battle report. The vault contains a unit called the transcendent C'Tan who can be removed from the vault and used as a unit in their own right, but that can be dangerous for the necrons as well as their enemies.

Necron Obilisk

An alternative to the tesseract vault, looks like it is a flyer and has an ability called a gravitational pulse that automatically hits flyers.

Stormlord & Stormsword

Both remain the same, but have had a slight drop in points. Stormlord is now 490, Stormsword is 485.

Other things are, the apocalyptic barrage has changed completely, and is now 5 blast makers linked together. Formations look quite good, as a group of librarians are now able to call in a vortex, and using battle companies gives you an orbital bombardment. There is a formation for three heldrakes that allows them to make a pregame vector strike.

Fortifications look great, the vengeance weapon battery gives you tow turrets, that can have either a punisher chaincannon, or a leman russ battle cannon. Firestorm Reboubt gives you two twin linked quad lascannons, and the aquila strongpoint you can have a macro cannon, or a bay of vortex missiles. Both are used to great effect in the battle report.

That's all I could find for now, I will have a read and post any more details I find.

jspyd3rx
06-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Any chance for more pics? Preferably the digital Farsight supplement to the collector and gamer editions of the books.

Denzark
06-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Which supermarket - is it 'every little helps' or Jamie Oliver's fave? (In case you for some reason have deliberately left that info out because you are being all cryptic and mysterious)

Librarian Harker
06-27-2013, 11:50 AM
It was Asda, though I think it was an error on some shelf stackers part rather than a national unintended roll out.

Rob-O
06-27-2013, 12:09 PM
spotted it today in my local tesco, unusual seeing as they are normally a week or two late and have even skipped a month before.

Wildeybeast
06-27-2013, 12:18 PM
It could just be the supermarkets make that much money they couldn't give a toss about GW pulling the mag for them putting it out a few days early.

Wildcard
06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Was there any info concerning Grey Knights?

Tuatara
06-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Necron Tesseract Vault

Necron Obilisk

There is a formation for three heldrakes that allows them to make a pregame vector strike.

I'm pleased they have done something for the Necrons and Helldrakes as they did need a bit of a lift.

Tyrendian
06-27-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm pleased they have done something for the Necrons and Helldrakes as they did need a bit of a lift.

you do realize this is apoc, so everyone should have some fancy toys to play with regardless of any irrelevant "tournament power level"?

MajorWesJanson
06-27-2013, 01:13 PM

Vendettas could use some love as well.

Defenestratus
06-27-2013, 01:35 PM
you do realize this is apoc, so everyone should have some fancy toys to play with regardless of any irrelevant "tournament power level"?

Necrons could use some help in Apoc but Chaos does JUST FINE for itself in Apoc already.

Librarian Harker
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
According to the blurb on the apocalypse book, all of the factions are getting formations, which should include grey knights

Bigred
06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Lets close this one up, and take this conversion over to the original:

Apocalypse Rumor Roundup (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?32951-Come-the-Apocalypse!)

Librarian Harker's valuable information has been added to main roundup, so lets keep it all in one place folks.

-Larry