PDA

View Full Version : Comms Array?

DWest
06-27-2013, 05:43 AM
Is there any official restriction on what a comms array should look like for size/shape/etc? My best guess is BRB pg 116, there's a picture of the Imperial Bastion, with a . . . thing on a quad-gun base sitting next to it, I'm assuming the thing is the comms. Could I get away with something like a blob of Nurglings holding up a bunch of coat hangars and some rusty trumpets for my CSM + Daemons army to use as their comms array?

Or to put it another way, as my hypothetical opponent, how small or how big would a scratch-built comms array go before you found it problematic?

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 05:47 AM
If you made that I would love you to play it, it sounds great.

I think in terms of scratch builds they should be of similiar size to the GW one. But as always the rule of cool always wins (for me at least)

Nabterayl
06-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Honestly, how big or how small it could be before tripping my, "Hey, no fair!" sense depends in large part on how awesome it is. But roughly the same size and shape as the comms array that comes with the bastion that you've identified would be my starting point.

jifel
06-27-2013, 07:19 AM
The Comms relay isnt a big deal on size as it cant be shot at. Just dont make it so huge it blocks LoS and youre fine.

PS the nurgling idea is great!

SacredChao
06-27-2013, 10:39 AM
The model that is meant to be used is the kind of gothic church-sconce thing with all the antennas. So... similar size to the Quadgun. However, if you showed up with an entire mountain of nurglings with coat hangars.... I probably wouldn't complain :P I love the idea.

Lord of the Dead
06-28-2013, 05:02 AM
Add tin foil to the coat hangers! they'll get better reception.