PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Blood Angels Bling

Caboose
06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey all. Thought Id throw my list out here and see if you all have any opinions.

Dante

Honor Guard
-Jump Packs
-4 Flamers
-4 Plasmaguns

Sanguinary Priest
-Jump Pack
-Power Sword
-Hand Flamer

Sanguinary Guard
-3 Inferus Pistols

Sanguinary Guard
-5 Plasma Pistols

Sanguinary Guard

Sanguinary Guard

Sanguinary Guard

5 Vanguard Vets
-Jump Packs
-2 Power Fists (1 on Sgt. 1 in squad)

Thoughts and opinions? Yes I know there's not much of any flier defense.

Firecrest
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Firstly, why have the honour guard got 2 special weapons each? drop the plasmas on them and give all your vanguards storm shields since the turn they arrive they should be assaulting anyways. I'd also try and get the chapter banner in one of the squads the bonuses it gives are quite good. Perhaps drop a squad and add in either a librarian or chaplain also and maybe another priest so that you're not grouping so much.

Garradh
06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
You don't need flyer defense, since you are vigorously attacking and should be in HtH after only one chance for your opponent to strafe you. They'll get in your backfield no matter what - anything can and should. Where do you intend to put the SPriest? (keeping in mind that the Honor Guard has a Sang. Novitiate). Do you need the Vanguard Vets? They will be dropping right next to your units already in play and already assaulting on Turn 2. Not like you're going to stop at 12" and try to shoot your opponent to death.

You also have three squads of Sanguinary Guard who cannot hurt vehicles effectively and will have trouble dealing with monstrous creatures. I suppose that's not the end of the world, you'll have to direct those against troops.

G00dySmiley
06-28-2013, 06:42 AM
You don't need flyer defense, since you are vigorously attacking and should be in HtH after only one chance for your opponent to strafe you. They'll get in your backfield no matter what - anything can and should. Where do you intend to put the SPriest? (keeping in mind that the Honor Guard has a Sang. Novitiate). Do you need the Vanguard Vets? They will be dropping right next to your units already in play and already assaulting on Turn 2. Not like you're going to stop at 12" and try to shoot your opponent to death.

You also have three squads of Sanguinary Guard who cannot hurt vehicles effectively and will have trouble dealing with monstrous creatures. I suppose that's not the end of the world, you'll have to direct those against troops.

depends how he models them, their glaives are 2-h master crafted power weapons, so power wepaon cna be wha tthey want, I modeled mine with 2 axes 3 swords so I1 but str 5

also there is a pretty good chance one of them is getting the red thirst so strr 6 on the charge... not great for monstrous creature hunting, but the ap3 str 5 swords are nice.

I agree your weakness is flyers though, my crimson hunter would have a field day zipping around and away from them dropping 4 ap2 shots per turn, a storm raven would do your list some good but thats up to you, the possibility of tl las cannon/multimelta gplus the missiles gives you good anti monstrous creature and side bolter option adds antihorde