PDA

View Full Version : Here we go, first win with the new Eldar

Lost Vyper
06-25-2013, 02:20 AM
It took few games against CSM, GK and SW and BAīs, but finally it arrived, the first victory...Crusade mission was won 2-1 (or 3-1 if Mefiston is fearless, couldnīt have gone to ground while getting Bladestormed) with First Blood/Linebreaker and opponent had one objective. Iīm so feeling this new codex! You can bring always a different list and bring the heat.

- Swooping Hawks are now freaking awesome! 5+Exarch (Sunrifle) won me the game. Stormraven went after them on the 6th turn and killed 2, but they made their Leadership.

- My friend asked me, "Why donīt you spam the Walkers (with dual FOC), you would win every game in the 4th turn?"...Thatīs how good they are now, i had 2 x 3 (SL+Star Cannon) + 3 x (SL+BL) and dual FOC, so i tried the Fire Prism (which is pretty good too)

- Wave Serpent (itīs better than before, i retract my dissing statement :cool: ) is gooooooood

- Now Bladestorm is SO much better than the old one. Itīs a marine slayer!

Next against Orks or Nids, so i can test stuff on something else than 3+ Power Armor men...

Great codex! :D

Asuryan
06-25-2013, 06:13 AM
not to burst your bubble but objectives are worth 3 pts in 6th ed. so your score was really 2-3/3-3 (no idea if Mefiston is Fearless)

Lost Vyper
06-25-2013, 07:45 AM
When we started the mission, my friend checked the mission briefing and said that they were 1p. And thatīs what we decided to play on. So, 2-1 my victory, cos Mefiston is not fearless...my bubble still intact :)

slxiii
06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Your enthusiasm is admirable, but you may want to elaborate on the details of your game.
How many points were you playing?
You say Swooping Hawks won you the game, what role did they play exactly?
Without something to discuss in some way, this thread becomes "I am happy that I won a game."

DarkLink
06-26-2013, 02:10 AM
Unfortunately for Swooping Hawks, probably anything they do, Warp Spiders do better, and Warp Spiders can do a lot of other things as well. Warp Spiders are easily one of the best units in the codex. I need to get some.

Lost Vyper
06-26-2013, 06:47 AM
It wasnīt my plan to make this a batrep, but it was 2k in points. Swooping Hawks dropped in 2nd turn, dropped a bomb and shot down one squad of marines. In the 3rd, they jumped back in to reserves. 4th came down behind any enemy line of sight, bombed, but his troops made their saves. On 5th they held the LB by hiding and on the 6th my friend tried to push them away with a Stormraven, they held their morale and the game ended. So, if they hadnīt killed a troop-unit and held the morale and the Line Breaker, it would have been a draw/loss. Warp Spiders seem awesome, i know. Fast slotīs little crowded for me too, i usually run at least one Hornet (100p with Scatter Laser / Bright Lance, sweet) and the Hawks. When i have 2 or three Hornets, they are in different units. Iīm also thinking about the Spiders, but spent a bucketload of money all ready on the new stuff...

Dave Mcturk
06-27-2013, 05:06 AM
i agree with DarkLink... spiderz are awesome its the heavy armour that swings it... and they work against everything but big metal boxes... hawkz are obviously better against big boxes... but are too situational to be flexible ... especially at lower point games ... over 2k pts a squad is probably useful... i use 8 to virtually guarantee a land raider dies !

my last game ... eldar v necrons, 1750pts ... 3 small spider squads killed an entire necron immortal unit and ran back out of harms way, and then fried another one the next turn, the little bugs caught them but i think it was a good trade ... hawks would have been laughed at !

Mkvenner
06-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately for Swooping Hawks, probably anything they do, Warp Spiders do better, and Warp Spiders can do a lot of other things as well. Warp Spiders are easily one of the best units in the codex. I need to get some.

I'll be converting mine from Guardians and using Wraithguard backs and fronts of the torso to make the WJG. As for the guns, DEldar Splinter Rifles with about 1/3 of the barrel nipped off and replaced with the top end of the Disintegrator Cannon from the Raider/Ravager kit (I have way too many to care).

DarkLink
06-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I got a bunch of Guardians for cheap off Ebay to convert to whatever aspect I needed just before the book came out. A couple need greenstuff cloaks to be Rangers, a few need to turn into Jetbike riders, 10 get to be Warp Spiders, and I'll keep 10 as Guardians. I can use spare Eldar heavy weapons to make the Warp Spider guns, I just need to figure out how to make the backpacks. I don't happen to have a bunch of Wraithguard laying about that I could use.

Defenestratus
06-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I got a bunch of Guardians for cheap off Ebay to convert to whatever aspect I needed just before the book came out. A couple need greenstuff cloaks to be Rangers, a few need to turn into Jetbike riders, 10 get to be Warp Spiders, and I'll keep 10 as Guardians. I can use spare Eldar heavy weapons to make the Warp Spider guns, I just need to figure out how to make the backpacks. I don't happen to have a bunch of Wraithguard laying about that I could use.

Darklink

Go special order the Autarch with WSJG backpack from GW. Its a standalone piece. You can then use some instamold pretty easily to actually make copies of it that will look great out of brownstuff.

Mkvenner
06-27-2013, 02:58 PM

They are on Ebay. The chest and the back piece of the torsos for the plastic Wraithguard I think will make for a nice back cover. I have seen some deals. I just have to do a dry fit to see if it works is the problem. I'm hoping that since the Wraithguard are larger than Guardans the translation should be good.

Biely Apakoha
06-30-2013, 04:17 AM
Hawks are more reliable when deep striking though thanks to herald of victory and are great against low A saves with their s4 ap4 large blast's. For me they took out more units in my first game with the new codex then the Spiders did, both are great I wouldn't field my army without them.

Lost Vyper
07-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Best LB option. Iīm waiting for a chance to face fe. Orks or Cultists hiding behind an Aegis Line....fyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiii BOOOOM! And a lot of dead dudes and the rest running like little girlie girls :)