PDA

View Full Version : 1750 - Dark Eldar + Eldar allies.. Deciding between two lists.

eris
06-24-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm a little torn between these two lists, partly because I think that one is maybe just too spammy; abusing the wracks for cheap troops and raiders.. and partly because I do want to give the wraithknight an outing at some point.

Here's the spammy variant:

#Primary
Haemonculus
3x Trueborn +2x Splinter Cannons +Venom +2nd Splinter Cannon
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
Ravager +Lances
Ravager +Lances
Ravager +Dissies

#Allies
Autarch +Jetbike +Mantle +Laser Lance +Fusion Gun
5x Dire Avengers +Wave Serpent +Scatter Laser
9x Warp Spiders
Fire Prism

12 vehicles is a decent count and they can all be fully effective while sat at 36", which offers them a bit of protection, as well as jink saves all round. The autarch and Spiders are pretty immense disruption units when used right, so it feels like it'd have a good balance between just doing damage and being able to annoy key enemy units. Just a little worried about eye rolls due to the 5 three-man wrack squads making up my troops (I even had a variant with 6 three-man squads).

The more mixed WK list:

#Primary
Archon +Shadowfield +Venom Blade
Haemonculus
6x Wyches +Haywires +Raider +Lance
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
3x Wrack +Raider +Lance
Ravager +Lances
Ravager +Lances
Ravager +Dissies

#Allies
Autarch +Jetbike +Mantle +Laser Lance +Fusion Gun
7x Warp Spiders
Wraithknight

Still 9 wracks in there, but the Wyches mix things up a bit. I like them as anti-tank and with the Archon out front, they can survive a charge on infanry too. The wraithknight's is the vanilla version as the s10 shots are hard to turn down and the upgrades mostly seem like a waste of points. My main concern is that while the Archon's fairly safe with his rerollable 2+, and the Spiders can either come from reserve or use terrain to hide somewhat, the raider carrying the wyches and the Archon will pretty much be taking all of my opponents short/mid range shooting. The first lists renders that short range shooting pretty useless for the first couple of turns, but without more targets in that range bracket to overload my opponent it feels like the wyches are highly unlikely to make it to a target and I've basically signed their death warrant before I begin.

Opinions and suggestions very welcome.