PDA

View Full Version : 1850/2500 DE/Eldar List for a summer Campaign

lobo60
06-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey guys, I am playing a summer campaign with my local group. we have about 15 players all vying to conquer the planetary battles plots and my sector has 2 chaos players (1 Abaddon with choosen, Land Raiders and Heldrakes and the other Raven wing) and 2 imperials (1Dantes assault army and the other the Carcharedon Forgeworld drop pod assault army). this is my 1850 and 2500pt list and I was wondering what y'all thought of it:

Dark Eldar: 1850 list.
HQ:
Archon (Combat Master): The warlord gains the ability to re-roll to Hit and to Wound: Husk Blade, shadow field, Soul Trap, haywire grenades 140pts (with the Wytch Squad)

Troops:
Kabalite warrior squad (10): 1 Blaster, Dark Lance, Syrabite, Venom Blade, Raider, Night Shields, Splinter Racks 235pts.
Kabalite Warrior Squad (20): Syrabite, Venom Blade, Blaster, 2x Splinter Cannon 230pts.
Wych Squad: Hekatrix, Agoniser, Hydra Gauntlets, 5 haywire grenades, Raider, Night Shields 188pts

Elites:
Kabalite Trueborn: (5) 2x splinter cannons, 3x shard carbines, venom, Splinter cannon, Night Shields (10pts) 170pts

Fast Attack:
Scourges: Solarite, 1x Haywire Blasters, 1 heat Lance 142pts.
Reaver Jet bikes: arena Champion, Heat Lance, power weapon, Cluster caltrops 145pts

Heavy Support:
Ravager: night shields, (3 Disintegrator cannons free) 115pts
Razorwing Jet Fighter: Flicker Field 155pts.
DE point total: 1,510 (Drop Reavers, switch up kabalite true born to 2x Squad of 3 w/2x dark lances. And 2x venoms with 2x splinter cannons or Make 2x Squads of 4x Blaster born in venoms)

Eldar Allies

HQ:
Farseer :mantle of laughing god, singing spear, runes of Warding(155pts)

Troops:
Dire Avengers 10: dire sword & pistol, disarming strike, battle fortune (175pts)
1850pts

2500 list

HQ:
Spirit Seer Kav’vyn Vorha: 70pts

Troops:
Wraithguard: 160pts
Dedicated Transport:
Wave Serpent: with twin linked Bright Lance (5pts) 120pts

Heavy Support:
Wraith Knight: Sun Cannon and scatter shield, Scatter laser 300pts

eris
06-27-2013, 09:53 AM
It feels like you have a lot of opportunities to trim points, optimise and therefore add more units.

The 10 man warrior squad in the raider. Are they staying in the raider? If so, you're probably going to want to either drop the dark lance or swap it for a SpCannon. The Lance is heavy, so if the raider moves, you're only going to be able to snap shot it. If you stay still to fire it, you get no jink save. Not sure how useful the syrabites with venom blades will prove in both this squad and the 20 man one, you could probably drop them.

The trueborn. You have splinter cannons & 3x shard carbines. Seems an odd combo. Your Venoms has 36" range, the spCannons in the squad have a 36" range. but the carbines are just 18". So you're having to move up to 18" which puts you in assault/rapid fire range and the venom is very much at risk of being destroyed at that point. If you drop the carbines and stay at the edge of you're 36" range, you'll be a lot safer.

Scourges. Again you're mixing weapon ranges in a squad. The haywire blasters are great at 24", but the lance will pull you in to 18 or even 9". Again firmly in assault/rapid fire range. If you take 2 haywires then you can harass from 24" and you have the movement speed to stay out of trouble. You can probably drop the solaraite too.

Reavers. How many are in this squad? the 145 points doesn't make a lot of sense to me, is it 4 guys? You're probably better off going for 6 with 2 lances. You'll get more hits from the blade move and you get twice the melta shots. 4 guys will crumble in the assault almost always, so the power weapon's not going to be a lot of use there i don't think.

For the 1850 list, I'd maybe swap the Dire Avengers for some Jetbikes and use any spare points to try and get a 2nd dissie ravager. They're pretty immense against foot marines and cheap too.

with the 2500 list:
The wave serpent might benefit from a scatter laser in place of the lance. yeah it's less good against high av targets, but it will twinlink the shield discharge shots, which is well worth it.

I'd also steer clear of the suncannon upgrade on the wraithknight. It might look nice, but if it's small blasts you want, you're better off taking a support weapon battery as it gives you 3 s10 ap2 blasts for half the price of the suncannon. Either take the WK with it's default loadout or add the sword and turn it into purely a cc brute. 3 blasts a turn for 300 points really isn't worth the points.

Hope some of those thoughts are of value. :)

lobo60
06-28-2013, 10:45 PM
thanks I used my 2500 list tonight and tabled my opponent in 4 turns. lost the wraith knight and razor wing but nothing else even fell. I am going to trim as needed though because carbines are not worth it(didn't even shoot) and although I got a pen with the dark lance in the raider a SC will do better. and I am probably dropping the reavers so I can have 2 squads of 3 true born with 2x dark lances each. and yes the wraith knight with twin heavy wraith cannons is my go too pick.

Dave Mcturk
06-29-2013, 05:36 AM
ravagers are so undercosted... is the razorwing that much better ?
if i was DE i would max out on the ravagers... i play proper eldar, but am loving my battle brother cheap lance ship... what is especially nice are the night shields ... ;-}

lobo60
06-29-2013, 07:07 AM
ohhh yea Ravagers= Baddest dark elder vehicles. i'm easily going 2 for my tournament list. and the razorwing is getting opted out for a void raven (2x ST 9 LAnces) is oped and then 1 S10 Ap1 Void bomb.