PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding DA Deathwing Interrogator-Chaplains

Creeeeeeeeed!!
06-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Regarding a Interrogator-Chaplain of the Dark Angels 1st Company. Seeing as the Deathwing don bone white terminator armour, and the normal Chaplain armour is black. Do you think that the IC would maintain their black coat upon elevation to the Deathwing and attaining their terminator armour? Or would the IC also don the bone white of the Deathwing.

Conversely should I just paint the entire company in their original black rendering the above question pointless?:D

Nabterayl
06-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Ordinarily, chaplains are not part of a company. They may be deployed with the same company over and over again, but for administrative purposes they're part of the Reclusiam. So I think the answer would be that, technically, there is no such thing as an interrogator-chaplain of the 1st company. Instead, there are interrogator-chaplains of the inner circle who wear terminator armor and are deployed with the 1st company. So my vote is black armor.

Creeeeeeeeed!!
06-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks. I hadn't even taken that into consideration. Black armour it is.

Cpt Codpiece
06-23-2013, 10:45 AM
chaplains of the DA are recruited for their suspicion and distrust.... they are indoctrinated into the deathwing bit by bit, but at a greater pace than a regular DA marine who learns the truth, or the hints of the truth within their order.

but yes they wear black.

captains should always wear bone however.... a fact GW seems to have forgotten since the days of 2nd ed and dark millenium (captain of the 3rd on the cover in his half and half bone/green suit :))

Magus
06-23-2013, 10:03 PM
This is why I'm playing Disciples of Caliban...

Themaninthegreenhat
06-27-2013, 02:59 AM
This is why i play fallen angels......

But i've swiped the robe scheme from DoC,

Red robes> white surplices. Easier for my meager painting skills at least.