PDA

View Full Version : GW changes to UK retailer Ts&Cs

LostInTheDark
06-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Looks like GW is moving further down the road of squeezing out online retailers with no bricks and mortar store

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gqBGtuKrJaQ

From natfka

http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/games-workshop-retailer-trade-terms.html

I wonder if this will be pushed out to the less populated parts of the gaming word like Australia?

Denzark
06-23-2013, 05:44 AM
This makes business sense to me. GW want to maximise profits. Whilst they do profit from what they sell re-sellers, they don't make as much as someone who buys direct. So, by insisting on a bona fide bricks and mortar store, they minimise the level of undercutting taking sales away from direct. You can still get discount online, but that discount won't be as huge as the retailer must support his real life shop. And therefore the convenience factor kicks in so a lot of people will just buy direct.

Mr Mystery
06-26-2013, 05:38 AM
This makes business sense to me. GW want to maximise profits. Whilst they do profit from what they sell re-sellers, they don't make as much as someone who buys direct. So, by insisting on a bona fide bricks and mortar store, they minimise the level of undercutting taking sales away from direct. You can still get discount online, but that discount won't be as huge as the retailer must support his real life shop. And therefore the convenience factor kicks in so a lot of people will just buy direct.

Yes and no I'd say.

GW makes the most money selling direct through their web store. Next is 3rd Party sellers (whether B&M or Web). And in a distant third their own stores.

But, B&M, whether indy or GW are the lifeblood. That's how we get into this crazy world of little men and massive guns.

B&M stores cannot match the discount offered by a Web store, but both have the same purchase price. Whilst in general terms of capitalism the correct answer is 'tough titty', this isn't the most appropriate answer for GW, because of their dependance on recruitment.

Thus, B&M stores are of greater importance to GW as an ongoing concern. This is why they look after them.

Now that's me said my piece, cue the increasingly bizarre conspriacy theories...

Wildeybeast
06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
GW are releasing mind controlling substances through the air fresheners they have in store to ostensibly get rid of nerd smells. In actual fact, we really are addicted to the plastic crack thanks to the B&M stores.

Bitrider
06-27-2013, 02:48 PM
GW are releasing mind controlling substances through the air fresheners they have in store to ostensibly get rid of nerd smells. In actual fact, we really are addicted to the plastic crack thanks to the B&M stores.

/this!