PDA

View Full Version : 2k Deathwing List ... Which is Better?

Whereswaldo
06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Possible Match Ups are Tau / Eldar or a combination

List A

Belial (Terminator Armor, Sword of Silence & Storm Bolter) – 190 {Attached to the 10 man Deathwing Unit}
Deathwing Command Squad (5 Deathwing Terminators, Standard of Fortitude, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 335

Deathwing Knights (Knight Master, 4 Deathwing Knights) – 235

Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 9 Deathwing Terminators, 2 Assault Cannons) – 480
Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Chain Fist, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 250
Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Chain Fist, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 250

Land Raider Crusader (Multi-Melta) – 260

= 2000

List B

Belial (Terminator Armor, Sword of Silence & Storm Bolter) – 190 {Attached to the 10 man Deathwing Unit}
Librarian (Mastery Level 2, Terminator Armor, Force Sword & Storm Bolter) – 130 {Attached to the 10 man Deathwing Unit}
Deathwing Command Squad (5 Deathwing Terminators, Standard of Fortitude, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 335

Deathwing Dreadnought (Venerable, 2 Twin-linked Autocannons) – 145
Deathwing Dreadnought (Venerable, 2 Twin-linked Autocannons) – 145

10 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 9 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, 2 Assault Cannons) – 485
5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 250
5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 250

= 1930

List A ... Belial and the 10 man squad DWA (and not in an idiotic location) in while the land raider and other Deathwing Squads move up.
List B ... Same as before with Belial & the Deathwing Squads - Librarian gives the 10 man unit a larger punch, dakka dreads sit in the back

On List B I am 70 points short .... I was thinking about either putting a power field on the libby so the 10 man unit would have a 4+ instead of 5+, or upgrading the dreads to Hellfire Configs (TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher) - I can also swap the Assault Cannons to Plasma Cannons.

Thoughts?

Whereswaldo
06-22-2013, 07:42 PM
List C

10 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 9 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, 2 Plasma Cannons) – 475

5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Chain Fist, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 255
5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Chain Fist, Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 255

5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Assault Cannon) – 245
5 Deathwing Terminators (Deathwing Terminator Sergeant with Power Sword & Storm Bolter, 4 Deathwing Terminators, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Assault Cannon) – 245

= 2000

36 Terminators

daboarder
06-23-2013, 08:10 PM
I like B the best.

Good support, enough bodies and a littel bit of fun thrown in for good measure.

Only point I'd make would be to split the 10 man squad into two five mans so that you have a larger scoring capacity. The power field is an AoE correct? could therefore cover multiple squads.

If you want to drop the Assault cannons for Plasma I would then leave the dreads as is (kill vehicles/flyers) two plasma cannons is ok (just use split fire to focus them on a single squad. in fact I think plasma is more useful for you than the assault cannons as you can fire all your storm bolters at the infantry when you need to.

GravesDisease
07-16-2013, 06:16 AM
I like list B more too, it has more variety. I would argue against making the dread venerable. Twin-linked BS4 already makes it 89% accuracy, twin linked BS5 is overkill - You could argue the X amount of points of venerable upgrade is essentially for occasionally an extra STR7AP4 shot. In terms of the reroll, nothing is going to be firing at the dreadnoughts. They aren't that killy so most will concentrate on the terminators up in their grill first.

Do you also have convincing long range anti-air or anti vehicle? You have a fairly immobile force with shortish range (24"), you might find that people just kite you around the board.

G00dySmiley
07-16-2013, 06:38 AM
I like list B as well but with echon venerable not worth it on an auto cannon dread.

that said I would only take one as a autocannon without the venerable upgrade and then also take a single venerable dread with multimelta and storm bolter in the other arm swapped to a heavy flamer and drop him in a drop pod. gives you a great anti armor in case of a land raider and heavy flamer vs horde. then tie somethign up in an assault or do around flaming multimeltaing and assaulting till you possibly get blown up but those will be shots nto plinking away your termies