PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Eldar List

z3r05k1ll
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Looking for critiques on my list. I've been away from the game fro 3 years and now that my beloved eldar have a new dex, considering entering a local tourney.

HQ:
100 Farseer
35 Warlock

Troops:
210 Dire Avenger (5) / Wave Serpent (Shuricannon, SL, Holo)

Elites:

Fast:
180 Chexarch, Starcannons
190 Warp Spiders (10)

Heavy:
90 Vaul's Wrath (Vibro)
115 Night Spinner
300 Wraithknight (Suncannon/Shield, SL)

Fortifications:
100 Aegis/Quad

Total: 1740

Strategy/Tricks/Tactics:
The list's basic concept is establishing a firebase with the aegis/warlock/farseer. Warlock takes conceal, Farseer takes guide/prescience/whatever else, Vaul's provides the group with a T7 profile (go artilery rules!) all adding up to 14 wounds at T7 with a 2+ cover save and rerolling to hit which essentially results in 3xLascannon shots/turn. Wraithknight deploys near the fire base and acts as a fire magnet/assault deterrant/Fire support unit (twin linked S6 ap2 Heavy 3 blast ftw). Night spinner spends most of the fight out of LOS using barrage but reserving it's torrent for people straying too close to other units. Rest of the army shoots and moves trying to take out priority targets. Chexarch took Starcannons for flexability after the dog fight.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Dave Mcturk
06-21-2013, 06:58 AM
dont let spiderz leave home with an exarch.. bs 5 almost auto st6 ap1 x3 shots at 18 range for 35pts worth dropping two to get him if points in list are pretty fxd

rle68
06-21-2013, 11:25 AM
i see a lack of anti armor your str 6 will not break heavy armor.. vibro cannons are limited.. and the one wraithknight will have to chase them down

(twin linked S6 ap2 Heavy 3 blast ftw) doesnt touch land raiders, vindicators or predators.. your aegis line wont last past turn 2

the real weakness i see is the dire avengers themselves once the WS is shot to pieces (it can happen ) they cant kill anything wraithguard much better choice or windriders

just my opinion

Bitrider
06-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Non-missile upgrades for the wave serpents are dirt cheap, so giving the wave serpents bright lances that would give you the anti-armour you need.

I have always loved Warpspiders. In a 1750 game I would break out the 10 man group and make two squads for the flexibility. Chuck the vibro cannon and add the exarchs.

Those are my two suggestions, but really what it comes down to is what you like to play, how you like to play and who are going up against. Eh, make a list try it out and change it for the next game.

Angelofblades
06-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Something to take into consideration, the Farseer will be limited on his casting if he's in a transport.

I don't see the point of the Chexarch, why not take a regular CH?

Ditto above in regards to anti-armor ability.

I disagree with the need for 10 spiders.
A) That would be horrible to have to move around. You will come across instance where you want to jump them from cover to cover orlos blocking to los blocking. I doubt that would be possible with 10 bodies, drop them to 7.

B) bigger footprint if you attempt to DS them.

HF on NS

z3r05k1ll
06-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Some points being made and some counter points. I'm not trying to be obstinate but this is how things have worked from my experience with 6th ed and the new codex and please come back and call me a noob if i'm completely wrong.

Lack of anti armor:
First off what i've seen, read, and heard is that armor is quite rare on the table nowadays.
Anything AV12 and lower is dusted against the S6 WoF.
AV13 is still threatened because of TL serpent shields.
AV 14 is immune i know but the vibro cannons are the most cost effective anti tank in the dex (90 points for 3 las cannons essentially).
Any army with AV14 is looking to close on me, which means i get to hit them with WK.
On the BL serpent concept. I know it can work but serpents are my workhorses in this list and the SL serpents have consistently game after game netted me the body counts i need.
I know the Chexarch sucks at hunting high AV but it can in a pinch, I don't use it for that though. After the skies have been cleared by the Chexarch/Quadgun/Serpents it's is a terror to anything with a T value

Moar Spyderz!:
On this point i REALLY do hear you. I love the new spiders but one squad has been enough of a threat. Additionally Spiders are a cornerstone in my strategy because they're the softest target. I want a big squad and i'm expecting to lose probably the whole squad before the game is through. My basic play was outlined above but one of the key psychological elements of this list is a whole lotta targets that you really don't want to waste your long range shots on: AV12 with 4+ cover and possibly not even in range, T8 with 3+/5+ and a possible cover save, T7 with a 2+ cover, AV10 + jink in the skies so you're WS1 against it and it gets a cover save. And then there's the spiders. Everyone's comfortable shooting at the spiders they're T4 3+ with maybe a 4+ cover and they're a huge threat to almost everything. So i dance them to be just out of range and lead their small arms fire on a chase while they weather the rest of my army. If you look at the shooting and defensive profiles of my entire army. I can focus fire comfortably at range and i have a whole bunch of unpleasant to focus fire at targets who get nastier the closer you get.

Limited seer and vauls won't last past turn 2:
Seer is with the vauls, shooting at seer is shooting at 14 wounds worth of T7 that usually has a 2+ cover save from the lock's conceal. That's 36 hits/wound at S4/5 and 18 hits/wound at S6, which is twice that number of shots (72/36 respectively) at BS3 or 50% more (54/27) at BS4. Also, with prescience/guide and almost surely having the spiders the night-spinner and the vauls in range I have plenty of targets for those spells. In shooting seer applies her BS5 to the quad.

DA vs Wraithgaurd: points, they're not there with 1750. Also the DA have been very successful at what i use them for, which is toughness cleanup. If i don't want to sacrifice a full round of shooting from a WS to handle that MC/infantry squad i'll drop a DA or two and they clean it up. Bladestorm isn't consistent but the shots have always been enough to get me the 2-3 wounds I need from them.

Bitrider said:

Those are my two suggestions, but really what it comes down to is what you like to play, how you like to play and who are going up against. Eh, make a list try it out and change it for the next game.

Variations of this list leading up to this final list handled Greyknights Paladin spam and psycannon/Dreadknight spam, CD flying circus, Salamanders shooting/TL flamer nonsense and Necrons so far without much issue. I have however had issues with nid tervigon spam* and that's also why I've slowly brought the CH into a starChexarch and added the wraith-knight and the night-spinner.

Again I'm not trying to be a dick about the help, I'm trying to debate the points so i can get a 360 understanding of possibilities. While i played a lot in 5th, I'm still a n00b in 6th so please tear me apart and tell me where and why I'm wrong.

*When I say issues here, I mean I shouldn't have wasted that player's time asking him to unpack his models both times.