PDA

View Full Version : Forge of Empires

Denzark
06-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Right, OKAY, no duff, gen and all that. I made the mistake of falling for TV advertising and signing up to a free browser game called Forge of Empires. Any other BoLSters playing this at the mo?

Bitrider
06-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Cirgard?

Denzark
06-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Cirwha?

Psychosplodge
06-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Nope. Planetside 2 is my current free to play game at the moment, and if not that team fortress 2.

scadugenga
06-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Still World of Tanks for me.

Mr Mystery
06-22-2013, 03:30 AM
I went with a social life instead.

*runs away*

Denzark
06-22-2013, 04:46 AM
MM - fair one! Managing to game and paint which makes a change as the production stuff takes an age.

Scuddy I fancy WoT but I won't pay for upgrades and don't want to take some sort of WWI Mk1 female up against some uber ace who has paid for a KoenigsTiger...

scadugenga
06-22-2013, 09:01 AM
MM: I have a toddler and an infant at home. What social life?

Denz: I've been playing for a couple months now and have never run into that situation. Matches are determined by tier. I've never paid for an elite tank and have topped the match leaderboard more than once. I recommend you give it a go.

Kirsten
06-22-2013, 10:46 AM
yeah WoT is pretty well balanced really all in all, I like it.

scadugenga
06-22-2013, 11:57 AM
yeah WoT is pretty well balanced really all in all, I like it.

I'm loving the M4 (particularly after the craptacular mistake that is the M3 Lee) and just got my StugIII. Haven't tried it out yet.

Kirsten
06-22-2013, 11:59 AM
the Stug is pretty nasty. not played with it, but the Stug3, Hetzer, and Jagdpanzer seem to be what kills me most often, aside from russian ISs

eldargal
06-23-2013, 02:49 AM
Played some World of Tanks with a friend who came 'round last night, seemed fun. Got blowed up a lot. Found I'm best sitting on top a hill in sniper mode shelling enemy tanks as they shuffle around, no idea what kind of tank would suit that playstyle but it was fun.

Denzark
06-23-2013, 04:28 AM
Damn you all it may be tanks next...

Kirsten
06-23-2013, 04:35 AM
Played some World of Tanks with a friend who came 'round last night, seemed fun. Got blowed up a lot. Found I'm best sitting on top a hill in sniper mode shelling enemy tanks as they shuffle around, no idea what kind of tank would suit that playstyle but it was fun.

tank destroyers

eldargal
06-23-2013, 04:59 AM
Seems logical.:) I need to counter my melee DPs instincts though, soon as I get hit my first instinct it too charge forward which usually results in me being blowed up. Although once it resulted in us capturing the enemy base despite being outnumbered after losing like 5 tanks to no enemy losses. Feeling a bit smug about that.

Kirsten
06-23-2013, 05:02 AM
yeah it is very hit and miss as a game. if your team works well to cover each other, your base etc. you will win, but usually they all just charge off wherever they fancy and get obliterated individually. there are some good tank destroyers for getting in close and destroying the enemy. the british AT2 is ludicrously slow but has massive armour and a powerful gun, you feel like the terminator rolling inevitably forward while all incoming fire bounces harmlessly off you and every return shot destroys somebody...

eldargal
06-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Sounds arousing. I noticed the tendency towards team annihilation, one match I got into a nice sniping position and killed 2 tanks and did a lot of damage to 3 more while 9 of my team trundled through the same bottleneck and got blowed up one after another.:rolleyes: This was me playing inebriated too.

scadugenga
06-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Sounds arousing. I noticed the tendency towards team annihilation, one match I got into a nice sniping position and killed 2 tanks and did a lot of damage to 3 more while 9 of my team trundled through the same bottleneck and got blowed up one after another.:rolleyes: This was me playing inebriated too.

That's because people believe (whether its accurate or not) that you get more xp for destroying tanks than capturing the base.

If you really like death from a distance....artie can be ridiculously fun.

eldargal
06-23-2013, 06:47 AM
I should probably get my own account or something then...

I didn't notice much difference in exp from a victory with 2-3 kills compared to a victory with one kill and a lot of hits on other tanks so it never really occurred to me to charge forward for killiness.

Kirsten
06-23-2013, 08:27 AM
That's because people believe (whether its accurate or not) that you get more xp for destroying tanks than capturing the base.

If you really like death from a distance....artie can be ridiculously fun.

yeah it is amazing how often people post messages near the end of a game going 'don't capture, kill everyone you get more xp' which isn't true, as the loading tips frequently tell you.

Psychosplodge
06-24-2013, 01:45 AM
I went with a social life instead.

*runs away*

Then you're missing out.

Denzark
10-15-2014, 09:26 AM
So, I'm still playing. On Houndsmoor and East Nagach. Anyone else about there?

Psychosplodge
10-15-2014, 09:31 AM
Sorry just gone back to TF2...

Denzark
10-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Ive had a pee about on world of tanks but can't seem to get it.

Psychosplodge
10-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Any mmo game that requires skills will have you spend your first ten-hundred hours dying far too often.

Anthrax ion pusscabe
10-16-2014, 02:58 AM
I play clash of clans on my iPad as my online game, I just either horde my level 5 barbarians (second highest level) with a few healers, wall breakers and some spells of either healing or rage, or I spam level 2 dragons (halfway to max level) with again healing or rage spells, I'm in a clan called lost guards if anyone wants a new clan that's got a good all for one and one for all attitude in clan wars

Deadlift
10-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Starwars Commander, Star Trek Trexels and Minecraft on my ipad atm, oh and Hearthstone plus a ton of GW games like Spacehulk and Warhammer Quest. Too many games.