PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Plaguewing

daboarder
06-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Hey all, been running the numbers on a deathwing army for a mate, and I got back to the old lament that unfortunately chaos just isn't allowed to do terminator lists.

And then I realised, that perhaps we can, at least a chaos version. with two beastly squads of terminators to punish the enemy and drive into their lines, heavy support terminator units, a pair of drakes (because they remind me of A-10 warthogs and quite frankly I love 'em.) and cultists to act as walking scoring corpses.

So I've been throwing together the following. Its a little light on scoring but in cover cultists can be pretty survivable.

HQ:

Chaos Lord, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator armour, Burning brand of Skalathrax, Power fist, Veterans of the Long War. (Runs with the Heavy flamer squad)

Chaos Sorcerer, Mark of Nurgle, Terminator armour, Veterans of the Long War (Runs with Reaper auto-cannon squad)

Elites:

Terminator Squad one: 6 Terminators, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War, 2x Power fists, Heavy flamer, 4 Power axes.

Terminator Squad two: 6 Terminators, Mark of Nurgle,Veterans of the Long War, Reaper auto-cannons, Icon of Vengence, 6 Power Axes

Troops:

14 Cultists, Flamer

14 Cultists, Flamer

10 Cultists, 8 autoguns, Heavy stubber, Shotgun

Fast Attack:

Baledrake

Baledrake

Heavy Support:

2x Obliterators, Veterans of the Long War, Mark of Nurgle

Total:1850, philosophy, if everything's dead there is no one left to bother you!

Garradh
06-20-2013, 01:44 PM
I love the theme! How do you intend to keep your squishy scoring units from getting squished?

DWest
06-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I believe he's relying on the opponent being too busy trying not to choke to death on Termies and Oblits to waste time hassling some cultists.

Side question- what do the autoguns/stubber do for you? Is it just to satisfy WYSIWYG, or are they actually worthwhile?