PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 1800: Final Choice! To Spam, or not to spam!

Sonikgav
06-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Ok so its becoming fairly apparent that Wave Serpents are one of the best things about new Eldar and although my original list did feature two they werent optimized and i didnt consider it 'Spammy'. However, the more i think about the list the more im thinking i should just go for it and see what comes out so heres my choice. List A. My Original 1800 Wraith army, or List B. With Added Serpent!

List A.

Spiritseer - 70
Spiritseer - 70

Wraithblades x7 - Axe/Shield - 224
Wraithblades x7 - Axe/Shield - 224
Wraithguard x6 - 192
Wraithguard x5 - Scythes - 210
+Wave Serpent - Holo Fields, TL Laser - 135
+Wave Serpent - Holo Fields, TL Laser - 135

Wraithlord - Laser/Lance, Sword - 165

Total = 1800 (36 Models)

....or.....

List B.

Spiritseer - 70

WraithGuard x6 -192
WraithGuard x6 -192
WraithBlades x5 - Axe/Shield - 160
+Wave Serpent - Holo Fields, Shuriken Cannon, TL Laser - 145

Total = 1799 (33 Models)

In both lists the Flamey squad are the more offensive while the Blades walk, protecting their Spiritseers. Now obviously in the second list theres only 1 Seer so much easier to lose that Psychic support, hence he, and his bodyguard now get their own Birdie to zoom around in.

So much S6/7 Firepower from the Serpents is silly and depending on opponents, the other Wraithguard are still small enough that i can switch them out with the Scytheguard so that when i want to play defensive i can sit the Flamers on Objectives while the 12" S10 guns go hunting.

Any Opinions? Im personally leaning towards list 2, despite the small model count.

G00dySmiley
06-17-2013, 03:46 PM
I prefer list 2, much better shooting, might consider just 1 group of flamer wraithguard, the wraithcannons in a wave serpant will drop vehicles. imagine rolling up to a land raider and dropping 5 shots on it opppign it and then the 5 ap2 flamers get to fry the termies inside

Sonikgav
06-17-2013, 04:07 PM
I love the Flamer Wraithguard though. Rediculously tough to clear off an objective with anything except other D-Scythes. I may 'break the mirror' as my local group calls it and have odd units. So 1 Unit of Flamers and 1 Unit of Cannons in Serpents working in Tandem to annihilate transports etc, while the other unit of Flamers sit on Objectives and the other Cannons Walk.

Of course depending on what im facing the tactics change.

Sonikgav
06-18-2013, 02:48 AM
Im also considering going all out.

2x6 Guard
1x6 Scythes
1x5 Blades (Seer still needs a bodyguard)
All in Serpents, taking me to 4 of them.

Maybe a little bit of overspam but still, leaves me 24 points spare. Maybe Wargear for the Seer? Vectored Engines for one of the Serpents???

Deathboon
06-20-2013, 11:42 AM
There is really no such thing as overspam. Honestly with 4 wave serpents kitted the right way you shouldn't even have to disembark until all enemy transports have been destroyed. Between penning with brightlances or glancing them to death with shuriken cannons enemy vehicles will not last long.