PDA

View Full Version : Deathwatch Terminators & Crux Terminatus

mysterex
06-16-2013, 03:27 AM
I'm thinking of putting together a couple of Deathwatch terminators and was wondering whether anyone has seen a GW image of one. If so can they let me know:

Whether it had the Crux Terminatus; and
What shoulder it was on?

I'm curious about the interplay between the crux, the Deathwatch symbol and the chapter symbol.

According to cannon all loyalist terminators are supposed to have the crux terminatus on their left shoulder pad but then the Grey Knights models don't have them despite the reference to them in the terminator armour write up in the codex.

I also remember reading something that said that Deathwatch marines kept the right shoulder pad in their chapter colours, with the chapter symbol on it, so that they didn't offend the armour's machine spirit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tyrendian
06-16-2013, 03:48 AM
closest I know to something official is from FFG's Deathwatch RPG... the Deathwatch Terminator shown there indeed has the Deathwatch sigil on his left shoulder, but sadly the right one is not visible... all I can tell you about that one is that it's rim is black, which would suggest the Crux is on there, unless the Marine depicted is from a chapter with black livery, which is certainly possible...

YorkNecromancer
06-16-2013, 06:44 AM
I have a Deathwatch army, so I've got a few. According the the FFG sourcebook Rites of Battle (or at least, the pictures in it) DW Terminators have the Deathwatch Pad on their left shoulder and chapter colours on the right. The Crux Terminatus is not used, as the DW insignia takes precedence (presumably because it incorporates Crux imagery, as well as the force field generator).

For my Terminators, I used the Inquisition shoulder pad that comes with the standard Terminator Squad box. I think it looks quite spiffy.

Here's my boys:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/MaltonNecromancer/Deathwatch%202011/P72103342.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/MaltonNecromancer/Deathwatch%202011/P72103272.jpg

Chris*ta
06-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Nice terminators! Where do the shields come from?

YorkNecromancer
06-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Nice terminators! Where do the shields come from?

I scratch built one. The shield back was made of 3mm plasticard, the =][= sign was made of the same, and I sculpted the skull out of Milliput. I then cast them from resin. Ridiculously easy actually.

Deadlift
06-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Dude, more pictures of your army...please :)

YorkNecromancer
06-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Here's my old thread; pics are there :): http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?16716-Deathwatch-Army

rusty84
06-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Awesome models!
I have a few Deathwatch Marines dotted throughout my 'Knights of the Emperor' force and on my DW Terminator I went DW pad on the left and chapter insignia on the right. My next project is a squad of Deathwatch Sternguard, looking forawrd to having marines from different chapters!