PDA

View Full Version : Best ringwraith

Majorcrash
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I have heard to number of oppions, I have a few of my own, just curious what the group at large think?

Cryl
11-11-2009, 02:54 AM
For WotR, The Betrayer is awesome, I use him in a unit of allied uruk hai crossbows (painted as Mordor Uruks though). I'm quite a fan of the Witch King on a Fell Beast as well but that's not so much for nazgul reasons as the flying monster abilities!

Bean
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
The Tainted. Darkness and Dismay are based heavily around manipulating courage and getting enemy formations to fail courage tests. A few Ringwraiths can shut down a huge portion of an enemy army as long as that army routinely fails their leadership tests, and the Tainted really does hurt enemy leadership.

Khamul and the Betrayer are certainly good in combat, as is the Knight of Umbar (and has anyone else noticed that the Dark Marshal can drop enemy formations' fight values to equal his own, thus saving his own side some swings from high-fight units?).

Ultimately, though, the characters that have a broader effect on an opponent's army are going to be more useful, and the three most notable in that area are The Tainted, the Dwimmerlaik, and the Witch King. Of those, I like the Tainted's courage-debuff the best.