PDA

View Full Version : Ravenwing Battleforce for non-DAs?

AndrewO
11-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Looking at the prices, the Ravenwing Battleforce is equal to 2 bike squads and also includes a speeder and attack bike. So I was wondering: if I just want to build up my fast attack forces, are the models easily convertible into the more standard look?

lobster-overlord
11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
They are the core models plus Ravenwing sprues. If you ignore the extra sprues, they are normal models. The bonus of this set is that you get all the parts to convert them into the Ravenwing. You'll probably find a lot of those parts really cool, even for non-DA mods. I am building them as Blood Angels, so it is well worth it for me.

John M>

dagonis
11-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Lobster Overlord is right.

Beyond just the DA bits, there are a good amount of purity seals, books, heads, and other stuff that can be used from the DA upgrade sprue. Be aware the landspeeder is an old sprue I believe and didn't come with a heavy flamer (at least in my box)

AndrewO
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks everyone. Questions: So they come with normal fronts as well as the winged ones? And the sergeant doesn't have to be in a tunic?

NealSmith
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi,

I had the same questions earlier this year. I was wanting to add some White Scars to my existing DIY company.

These boxes are fantastic! You get all of the basic stuff and the DA frames so you can add assault cannons, etc. to the speeder(s). One of the best purchases I've made.

The speeder is the old type.

Neal

Mystery.Shadow
11-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks everyone. Questions: So they come with normal fronts as well as the winged ones? And the sergeant doesn't have to be in a tunic?

And YES! You can build the 'normal' versions as well.

Alrik_40000
11-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Yup, it's easy to leave off the DA bits, but as I'm making these guys for my Blood Ravens army, I'll be using as much of the Raven stuff as possible.

lobster-overlord
11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Even though it's the old speeder, the Ravenwing sprues come withthe mods for several versions.

John M>

sorienor
11-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes the ravenwing battleforce is actually a really good deal.

person person
11-11-2009, 06:41 PM
If you cut the wings off of the DA bike fronts, and have a spare SM back pack you can make winged marines.

klunc
09-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I know I'm commiting serious Threadomancy here, but how many Ravenwing sprues do you get in the battleforce?

Gir
09-20-2011, 11:30 PM
I know I'm commiting serious Threadomancy here, but how many Ravenwing sprues do you get in the battleforce?

WAY more then you need for the models. I think it's 3, but I'll check when I get home. From memory you get a whole ravenwing sprue just for the attack bike front.

Thornblood
09-22-2011, 04:34 PM
You get three- One for three bikes, another for three bikes and one for the attack bike and land speeder to share.

And some of the stuff you get is cool. Especially seeing how the vanilla bike helmets have the aerials on the side of thier helmets, it means that you can have a few armour varients just on the heads and still keep the bike aerials. Not to metion the swords, or the spare assault cannons (which meant my black reach terminators got a heavy weapon in their squad). Or the mechanicus armour bits to go into the rest of your army (you can have a much more exciting tank commander now than the standard land raider/rhino one).