PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Legion, just who's side at they on really ?

Deadlift
06-15-2013, 01:09 AM
The Alpha Legion is the Chaos Space Marine Traitor Legion about whom the least is known. The Alpha Legion was once the XX Legion of Astartes created during the First Founding by the Emperor of Mankind to carry out his Great Crusade to reunite all of humanity in a new Golden Age under his rule. They are experts in infiltration and their armies contain many Chaos Cultists in addition to regular Chaos Space Marines. The Alpha Legion's Primarch was named Alpharius, who was actually one of the identical twin Primarchs Alpharius Omegon, two brilliant and secretive sons of the Emperor, one of whom was reportedly later killed after end of the Horus Heresy by Roboute Guilliman, the Primarch of the Ultramarines. Despite its seeming allegiance to Chaos, a closer scrutiny of the Alpha Legion's known history indicates that their seeming service to Chaos Undivided might actually be the greatest deception they have played upon the Imperium.

Alpha legion, can anyone explain their agenda ? I know as a playable army they are chaos, but their fluff really is very complex. I have read all the HH books and am still non the wiser. I think along with the Thousand Sons they have the most interesting back story. So Alpha legion, who's or what are they fighting for ?

Pater Sin
06-15-2013, 03:00 AM
I think the Alpha legion are on the side of the Alpha legion and arn't fighting for anybody else. In the end they probably will get to watch the galaxy burn, along with everything in it.

energongoodie
06-15-2013, 05:36 AM
I think there will be a split between Alpharius and Omegon. Chaos and non chaos.
I still think one of them will have something to do with grey knights. I have no evidence for this, just think it might be fun :)

UltramarineFan
06-15-2013, 02:36 PM
I think initially they were certainly on the side of the Imperium. Fighting to make Horus win so that Chaos would in the end be destroyed completely. After so many thousands of years in the Eye of Terror though who knows. A bit like the Night Lords, though they officially don't fight for Chaos, some have clearly fallen.

Morgrim
06-15-2013, 04:52 PM
The Siege of Vraks books clearly show some are thoroughly devoted to Chaos Undivided. But the original plan they had going into the HH was that they'd help Horus win and then use the momentum from that to set his side fighting itself and break the power of Chaos. Unfortunately for them everyone seems to have underestimated the Emperor (and so Horus lost) and also never expected the whole Golden Throne debacle.

Given that all their plots were left in tatters and the possibility that one of their twin primachs may have been killed it seems likely they split into groups based on disagreeing over what to do next. Some of the ones that fell to Chaos may have thought that only by reuniting the crusade and actually beating Terra could they get back on track. Others that they had to make the Imperium fall by weakening it from the inside first. Allying with Chaos so that the combined forces of humanity and the immaterium could clear all others from the galaxy is a third. And there are probably some Alpha Legion warbands that are fighting FOR the Imperium in their usual sneaky ways.