PDA

View Full Version : By way of introduction

Morena
06-14-2013, 02:38 PM
I wanted to introduce myself here, although I'll probably be doing as much lurking as posting...
...many years ago, I moved to Florida and started dating a guy who had all these little metal people on the shelves in his room. He started telling me the story of the harsh, dark world in which their story played out...and the rest is history.

I'm here on the forums because I love stories. I'm an RP kind of girl (High Inquisitor in Dark Heresy, Medic in Only War), but my husband is an avid wargamer who loves all aspects of the hobby from painting to playing to reading the fluff. He plays Eldar & Blood Angels in 40k as well as all factions in WarMachine. Currently, he's planning on creating an all-female Imperial Guard army with Raging Heroes' Toughest Girls of the Galaxy minis. Not only do I support and enable his habit, I'm also his social media filter; he's usually too busy painting to surf the 'net, so I'm the one who listens to the BOLS podcast and cruises the forums and blogs for tips and tricks to pass on to him. I'm here partially because I like the gaming community online and want to support it, and partially to see what awesome stuff I can share with him to help his army reap destruction. :p

I'm also a desktop publishing fiend, and I'm hoping I'll have a chance to share some of the reference materials I've made and listen in on some rules, strategies, and ideas while I'm here.

Outside the game? Um, I'm female, live on the west coast of Florida, love theme parks and nerd-dom, and work as a college prof teaching English and humanities. I tend to be shy and read more than I post...so I'll be around, even if you don't hear that much from me!

Wolfshade
06-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Hello and welcome aboard!

Psychosplodge
06-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Hello,
come to the oubliette we have new tangents!!
Plus that's were most of the sense happens.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif