PDA

View Full Version : Wave Serpent Direct only

chaoshound
06-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Just thought I should put this on here as not seen it anywhere. I tried to order some more Wave Serpents for my Eldar army from Dark Sphere only for them to refund the money later that day. Turns out GW have changed the Wave Serpent to be a Direct Only product and so by GW terms merchants are no longer able to sell it online and post it.

Don't know if this will be a new GW tactic to make a unit popular then stop merchants from selling it.

Strangleweb
06-14-2013, 04:22 AM
They've just run out of stock - their own availability is 1-2 weeks:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440241a&prodId=prod1090071

Wolfshade
06-14-2013, 04:36 AM
No it's the lizard men, they are trying to control GW...

Zaonite
06-14-2013, 05:10 AM
Could this be a recut sprue maybe?

Psychosplodge
06-14-2013, 06:04 AM
I'd assume since they "invested in new technology" they may have fewer but faster/bigger machines so they make a lot of something at once and if they sell out before they make it again you get this two week lead time, because everytime they stop it to change the mould its eating into production time...

Wolfshade
06-14-2013, 06:14 AM
^^ This is it.
While they have all the master moulds for everything. They run on batches, so they will make x many units of tactical marines, then y many boxes of falcons, then z something else.
So if they sell out, because they have misjudged the demand or because they have engineered demand, then it takes time for them to re set the machines, mould box and package and ship.

Tyrendian
06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
...or because they have engineered demand...

which they most certainly have with how awesome it is now...

rle68
06-14-2013, 09:27 AM
we have the same problem in our hood with tau.. no matter what is ordered it doesnt come in they keep claiming they dont have enough

luckily for me i have enough and found enough conversion parts to field my 6 wave serpents

Bigred
06-14-2013, 11:11 AM
With both Tau and Eldar, GW is having manufacturing and supply chain issues.

They are normally very good at forecasting and meeting demand. But both of these releases have has regional shortages of certain items. It's very unusual for them.

Between GW, and X-Wing, 2013 is shaping up to be the year of "they couldn't take my money" in wargaming.