PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 1850 Mech Wraith - Need advice for HS

Yetisam
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Hello first attempt at the new codex army list

I am trying to combine the Wraithguard and Wave Serpents as the core of the army giving lots of shots and Tough troops I am having problems with heavy support.

Here is the list

HQ
Spiritseer

Warlock + Jetbike + Singing Spear

Troops -

5 x jetbikes

5 x Wraithguard + Waveserpent + scatter laser D-scythes ( Spiritseer will join this unit)
5 x Wraithguard + Waveserpent + scatter laser

HS
Fire prism
Wraithlord - Brightlance(2) + Glave
Wraithlord - Brightlance(2) + Glave

Total 1845

So 5 points left I think that should now give me a good balance for the HS and I just wonder if I have enough for AA now?

Thanks in advance

Sam

40kGamer
06-13-2013, 12:54 PM
You have all your Serpents loaded out where were you planning to attach your spirit seer? Also I haven't picked it up yet but I think the Iyaden supplement offers much better options for a wraith build.

Also if your area allows FW a Wraithseer is one bad dude. At the moment the list suffers from a lack of anti-air.

What weapons loadout are you thinking for the Wraithlords?

Yetisam
06-13-2013, 12:59 PM
That's a really good point! I would drop one of the wraithguards and add him along to one of the group also frees up more points.

I am hoping to grab it over the weekend

Demonus
06-13-2013, 02:01 PM
You could take the 32pts + your leftovers and make the 5 man squad with the SS have the template guns...

Yetisam
06-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Which guns would I use as I think I am being a noob and can't work out the setup

Yep helps if I actually switch my brain on ! Good idea there for the D-scythes.

G00dySmiley
06-14-2013, 05:39 AM
I know it isn't your theme in the list, but reapers rape space marines and put em on a aegis defense line with quad gun and you will have a signifigant anti air threat. not allowing jink saves, exarch with fast shot on a icarus las cannon or quad gun for 5 str 7 or 2 str 9 ap 2. las cannon is cheaper points wise and can reach anywhere in a table. to intercept the flyer the turn it comes in.

Yetisam
06-14-2013, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the input @G00dSmiley what would you swap out from the current list?

Ben Brown
06-14-2013, 05:52 AM
i would suggest almost anything over 2 wraithlords there great dont get me wrong i have four myself but there are over costed and in terms of brute firepower just cut it compared to other options like war walkers. id change a wraithguard for wraithblades for the spiritseer as most of his table benefits a combat unit more than a shooting unit.

Yetisam
06-14-2013, 06:02 AM
So if I drop the Wraithlords I have 335 points to spend

So then its a decision between reapers or warwalkers?

Anggul
06-14-2013, 06:33 AM
So if I drop the Wraithlords I have 335 points to spend

So then its a decision between reapers or warwalkers?

While Reapers are good, Warwalkers will also provide you with decent anti-air just by spraying so many shots into the sky. Making that Warlock a Farseer so you can have Guide etc. would help too, as well as getting a 6th biker and taking 2 Shuriken Cannons.

Also I don't know why 40kgamer told you that you don't have space for the Spiritseer, Wave Serpents have a transport capacity of 12 and Wraithguard are Bulky so they take up 2, meaning a squad of 5 only takes up 10, so you still have 2 spaces left.

Unless I've missed a change?

DrLove42
06-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Nope, you're right

Reapers (Exarch) on a Lascannon can be scary. 2 shots at BS5, ignoring jinks? Can all but guarentee a kill on most aircraft the second they come in

Yetisam
06-14-2013, 06:37 AM
The original list was 6 wraith in each

Cool Will look at the points and see If I can do that on the walkers,bikes and changing to a farseer

Yetisam
06-14-2013, 06:46 AM
ok so with the suggested changed brings me to 2 lists

Option 1

HQ
Spiritseer

Farseer + Jetbike

Troops -

8 x jetbikes 2 cannons

5 x Wraithguard + Waveserpent + scatter laser D-scythes ( Spiritseer will join this unit)

HS
Fire prism
Warwalker x 3 Scatter lasers

total 1846

Option 2

HQ
Spiritseer

Farseer + Jetbike

Troops -

6x jetbikes 2 cannons

HS
Fire prism
5 x Dark Reapers (Exarch)
Aegis line and quad gun

Points 1845

G00dySmiley
06-14-2013, 06:53 AM
honestly, I would drop the warlock. conceal is nice but you are paying 55 points to protect a 85 pooint unit. its like buying a dire avenger exarch with shield... for the points its just not worth it over one model

I would also drop a wraithlord. thats another 165

aegis with lasgun is cheaper than quadgun and in the case of fast shot better at destroying flyers.. also precition shots can come in handy for flyer squadrens (takign out 2 vandettas would be sweet) this runs 85 points

3 reapers with exarch and fast shot 110

totals 195

took out 220

leaves 25 points for play. maybe add a jetbike and break into 2 squads for mroe troops or add a ranger group for infiltrasting stealth snipers after dropping to 3 bikes.. several posibilities.

if you want to cut your other wraithlord another option is a crimson hunter , more anti flyer and stays around thanks to vector dancer, costs 160 so swapping one to it saves 5 points

those 3 trades net you 30 points (10 if you do exarch crimson hunter.. which i would do agaion for precition shots and better balistic skill) and add anti flyer, with the hunter remember it does not need to be close lances are 36 inch range so keep back out of bolter and mass fire range

Yetisam
06-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Loads of good advice!

I do like the idea of changing to 2 bikes squads, Aegis and lasgun with the reapers and gives me a excuse to have the Crimson hunter too

DrLove42
06-14-2013, 07:01 AM
So you suggest dropping a 3 Wound T8 MC for a Av10 flier is a good trade?

The new Eldar fliers have lovely models, but the rules are garbage.

G00dySmiley
06-14-2013, 07:22 AM
So you suggest dropping a 3 Wound T8 MC for a Av10 flier is a good trade?

The new Eldar fliers have lovely models, but the rules are garbage.

keep the flyer 36" away from targets and choose well. thanks to vector dancer you can play out of range of things line aegis lines and still pop high value targets. i have been playing them since the codex came back and they have yet to make back their points, but it is an egg weilding a sledgehammer so use caustion as mos thtings only hit on a 6 anyway

Yetisam
06-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Yea I think I will have to grab a squad of war walkers too so I can try out both lists

I think with most part of Eldar you need to be careful what you do

anyone know of a good kit for a Eldar aegis line?

rle68
06-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Yea I think I will have to grab a squad of war walkers too so I can try out both lists

i added 3 war walkers to my list last week and they paid dividends right away.. scatter lasers on them are anti troop and the target lock on them helped take down several flyers..36 shots is hard to ignore

rle68
06-14-2013, 08:47 AM

i took the artillery base from a d cannon and added 4 brightlances and made it look like a 4 barreled quad gun

Yetisam
06-14-2013, 09:07 AM
That's a cool idea for a conversion

I found these (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E-type-Defence-Line/221240022998?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3 D1%26asc%3D16012%26meid%3D8373166138729737084%26pi d%3D100033%26prg%3D7655%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D2212400229 98%26)

I do like the war walker models too think I will have to get a pack

rle68
06-14-2013, 09:22 AM
those are cool.. i wonder if those are 1 offs or some company is making them

edit : garage models.. looks like they might be getting letters from gw's cease and desist team :P

G00dySmiley
06-14-2013, 10:32 AM
those are cool.. i wonder if those are 1 offs or some company is making them

edit : garage models.. looks like they might be getting letters from gw's cease and desist team :P

they send out lots of those letters, but rarely do they stand up in court. i see nothing there that is GW IP. they can't claim the term "defence line", perhaps the could "aegis defence line" but they are not even the first gaming company to use that term for a mini game for terrain. it does not even say eldar it says "E-type"

with GW vs chapterhouse depending on the outcome at least in the United States bitz makers may even be able to advertise under the specific unit names and types. such as "space marine" which has been used in many books that predate GW

rle68
06-14-2013, 06:38 PM
they send out lots of those letters, but rarely do they stand up in court. i see nothing there that is GW IP. they can't claim the term "defence line", perhaps the could "aegis defence line" but they are not even the first gaming company to use that term for a mini game for terrain. it does not even say eldar it says "E-type"

with GW vs chapterhouse depending on the outcome at least in the United States bitz makers may even be able to advertise under the specific unit names and types. such as "space marine" which has been used in many books that predate GW

all im saying is if you look at the wall they copied directly the guardian gun shield.. that is not a mistake...all im saying

and honestly now that i see them i can make my own the same way to go with my custom gun

davel
06-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Quick aside ,WHy is you spirit seer leading the scythes?

He has an ability that helps wraiths hit things, it seens a little wasted in a unit that has template weapons. I know it does have a range but in my experience the unit that is closest to the psyker will get the most use from it

Davel

Yetisam
06-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Quick aside ,WHy is you spirit seer leading the scythes?

He has an ability that helps wraiths hit things, it seens a little wasted in a unit that has template weapons. I know it does have a range but in my experience the unit that is closest to the psyker will get the most use from it

Davel

Yea good point will put him in the group that hit things will hopefully be getting all the army bought built and then playtested soon!