PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point First-ever Necron List (looking for input)

Kevin48220
06-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Okay, finally done with assembling and painting my Necrons, and it's time to take them out on the field and see how the shiny deathbots do.

Here's my proposed list for a 1500-point game. I regularly play against Grey Knights, Chaos Marines, Daemons. So I'm hoping that this list will be able to last in a game and have a shot at winning. I've only played Codex SM up to now, so this is all new to me.

I think this adds to just about 1500, but I may be wrong. Looking for your input!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Overlord with 2 Necron Lords (Royal Court). All with Sempiternal Weave, Resurrection Orb, Tesseract Labyrinth.

5 x Immortals (Tesla)

20 x Warriors

6 x Warriors in Night Scythe.

5 x Lychguard (Shield/sword)

2 squads of Tomb Blades (3 in each; 3 with Tesla, 3 with Gauss)

6 x Scarab Swarms.

Canoptek Spider with Particle Beamer.

Triarch Stalker (Heat Ray)

The general idea is that the Triarch Stalker can go after vehicles and tougher units; the heat ray gives a strong focused beam and a blast attack. The Scarabs will buffer it and chew on stuff. The Spider will stay with the Stalker to repair it and make more scarabs, and also provide fire support with its blast attack. One squadron of Tomb Blades (Teslas) will cover this part of the army and provide anti-infantry. This is the mobile artillery side of the force--blasts, powerful beams, and so on; it's just there to kill stuff that the scarabs soften up. I see this force being more mobile and aggressive.

The infantry side will rely on sheer weight of fire and focus on holding territory. The warriors will bubble wrap and cover the Lychguard as it advances. The Immortals will go along with the Warriors. Each of those units will have a Lord to provide better reanimation. The Overlord will go with the Lychguard. They have the Tesseract Labyrinths to deal with those pesky characters and big monsters and will hopefully give someone a big, nasty surprise trip to nowhere. This part of the army will have the other squad of Tomb Blades (Gauss) to provide covering fire. This part is intended to control the ground and hold objectives. The Lychguard will be there to provide close combat strength and smash stuff.

The Night Scythe will come in on whichever side it needs to when it does, and will look for targets of opportunity. It will also have the 6 Warriors to drop on an objective.

What do you think? Viable?