PDA

View Full Version : Cadian Bikers

Master Bryss
11-10-2009, 12:38 PM
I doubt the Cadians would actually use horses, so I came up with rules for Bikes instead. I accept this has probably been done before. They are a Fast Attack choice.

Cadian Biker Team- Cost- 80 points for 4 Bikers + Sergeant.

WS-BS-S-T-W-I-A-Ld-Sv
Guardsman 3-3-3-3(4-)1-3-1-7-4+
Sergeant 3-3-3-3(4)-1-3-2-8-4+

Equipment: Cadian Bike w/twin-linked lasgun, laspistol, frag grenades.
Unit Type: Bikes
Options: Add up to 5 additional Bikers for 15 points each
For every 5 Guardsmen one may replace his laspistol with a grenade launcher or flamer for 5pts
or a meltagun for 10pts or plasma gun for 15pts.

The Sergeant may exchange his laspistol for a power weapon or plasma pistol for 10pts, or a power
fist for 15pts. He may also take melta bombs for 5pts.

Veteran Biker Teams cost an extra 3pts a bike and benefit from +1 BS. They have the same options, and may take the Scouts special rule at the cost of +20 points for the unit or the Skilled Rider special rule for +15 points for the whole unit.

Command Squads may take Bikes at a cost of +10 points per model for the whole squad. If the squad takes Bikes their Toughness changes to 3(4) and Cadian Bikers may be taken as a Troops choice if the squad is at full size. They may buy the Skilled Rider ability for +15 points for the squad.

Dunadan
11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Cool idea :) RT-era IG could take bikes, so I don't understand the switch to horses(apart from DKoK for their WWI look).

Have you looked at the Space Marine scout bikers? They're able to replace their TL boltguns with a grenade launcher. Rather than replace the replace the laspistol with the launcher, why not replace the TL lasguns?

Also, why do the plasma guns cost as much as meltas? In the rest of the codex they are more expensive.

Col.Gravis
11-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Just my 2cents, but Marines have mounted weapons because they're big heavy bikes, I think it would be far more Imperial Guard to have simply scrambler type bikes with no mounted weapons, perhaps with the ability to reroll dangerous terrain tests - or perhaps this as a replacement for the Scouts rule your Veteran Squads have - thats just my thoguhts though.

However I second the point that theres no reason that Plasma Guns should be at a reduced cost compaired to those in other units in the IG Codex.

Master Bryss
11-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Excellent, some feedback!

I wasn't looking at the Codex when I typed it up, so I forgot entirely about the increased cost of Plasguns!

I shall change it now.

I haven't actually made any yet but I'm defenitely using Scout Bikers as a base model.

I don't want to remove the bike mounted weapons entirely, but if too many people complain I might have to change it to one lasgun, no twin-linkage.

And Col. Gravis, the Veterans DO have the option of Skilled Rider, but perhaps I could increase the points a bit and add that to them as standard.

Master Bryss
11-11-2009, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=Col.Gravis;34315]Just my 2cents, but Marines have mounted weapons because they're big heavy bikes, QUOTE]

Yes, that's the reason I didn't use bike-mounted upgrades. Sorry for double post.