PDA

View Full Version : Cruor Vault Paints some Tau!

Cruor Vault
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
With the release of the new Tau codex, I finally decided it was time to repaint my ageing Tau army from 4th edition... With some new updates of course!

Previously, I had painted my Tau in an iceworld style color scheme. However, I am now bored of this, and with the passage of time my painting skills have dramatically increased since the army was initially painted.

I'm using the Cerberus color scheme from Mass Effect 3, with the addition of some branch colors inspired by the clone troopers in Star Wars. I'm splitting the army into 3 branches. Suits, infantry, and vehicles. Suits branch color is red, infantry is yellow, and vehicles are orange. Rank is denoted by the amount of the branch color on the model. The suit Shas'ui have only the red antenna, whereas the Shas'vre have their entire helmet painted red. The fully red suit is the Shas'O, being the highest ranked suit officer in the list, he is completely red (also because I wanted the bodyguards to be mostly red, like the royal guards from Star Wars).

Currently I am painting them with the following process.

Black Prime, Airbrush Ulthuan Grey, pin wash of Nuln Oil, Edge highlight of Ceramite white. Averland Sunset for the yellow panels, with a Yriel Yellow highlight. The black portions are vallejo black with Dawnstone edging, and the red is Evil Suns scarlett with Wild Rider red highlights and Biel-Tan green pin wash.

Stay tuned for more updates. I have a lot more of these guys to paint!

Cruor Vault
06-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I completed some more models this weekend.

Here is a Riptide that is done, save for the magnetized support systems and secondary weapons.

This is the suits as they stand all together.

And finally, I spent most of the last 2 days working on all the magnetized weapons for the crisis suits. I split them into 2 groups, about 40% are painted Red to match the commander and the (eventual) bodyguard color scheme. The rest are painted to match the rest of the suits.

Cruor Vault
06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
More work completed over the weekend.

I got a pair of Bodyguards finished, along with the third suit in one of the Crisis teams I had previously started.

I also finished off the magnetized arms and weapon systems for the Broadsides and the Riptides.

And finally, I spent quite a bit of time painting all the magnetized weapons for the Crisis Suits. While I am reasonably sure that I wont use most of them in regular games, they were simple enough to do that I think it was worth the time.

I have also completed some marker Drones, and I am working my way through 20 Pathfinders, Dark Strider and a Fireblade.