PDA

View Full Version : Dreadnought conversion

Lord Dark Starr
06-11-2013, 05:37 AM
To get over the old GW rule of shooting past your own troops, I developed a solution - make the dreadnought BIGGER! Using a pair of legs from the old "space crusade" dread, I raised my (metal) dread up and over my marines! With the added bonus of having bolters built onto them - which I converted to lascannons - this made it the ideal height. But what weapons to give my new behemoth? Well, I replaced the multi-melta with the two assault cannons from the "Baal" class predator (along with wires and other bits). I then replaced the storm bolter on his left arm with two flamer pistols and added skulls on chains and other gubbins. Mmm, looking mean! With all this extra firepower, he needed a better engine. So, to combat this, I added the barrels from the metal ork warbike autocannons. This made it look like bigger exhausts and I added an old heavy duty fuse (with more wires) to look like a more powerful engine. Perfect! But no! The pilots area looked a bit
plain! So, I sliced it off and replaced it with the chaos bike rider helmet. Adding more spikes, wires and odd bits I had lying around (including a terminator banner pole) he was perfect! Unfortunatly, it took that long to perfect that GW changed the rules and deemed my new mechanical behemoth illegal unless my oponent agrees to his use (which very rarely happened). Well, would you like your troops going up against twin lascannons, twin assault cannons and twin flamers all comming from one machine that can perform "pop-up" attacks from behind solid cover? Didn't think so!!!