PDA

View Full Version : DA flyer: too crap even for casual?

Aspire to Glory
06-10-2013, 10:26 PM
So back in the new release of Dark Angels early this year, I ordered a large amount of Deathwing and - in a fit of whimsy - picked up the DA flyer kit. Before I could even unwrap it, though, the needs of a new business took over and I had to take a break.

Now, I'm back in it and I'm still pleased with my Deathwing. That flyer, though, is still in its packing on my shelf, kind of laughing at me. I kind of regret buying it, honestly.

Do I sell it?

However, before I do so, I'm just looking for an update on how this points heavy hooptie is doing (if anyone is even using it). I'm going to be playing casually, but I'd still like to avoid being complete s**t.

I will be playing in a power armor heavy meta if that's any help.

Thanks for any assistance!

Aspire to Glory
06-10-2013, 11:30 PM
Tl;dr...

DA flyer...

Decent enough for fun play?

Or too rubbish even for that (sell it)?

Pendragon38
06-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Keep it and run as a jet fighter to take on other flyers.

Perry

Power Klawz
06-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Anti-air fighter is pretty ok at what it does... anti-air and vehicles. At least compared to the 6th edition flyers. If you're comparing it to 5th edition then there's no contest for any 6th ed flyer except arguably the heldrake, but not because its a great flyer, moreso because its a great murder machine that happens to fly.

The dark angle bomber seems like it'd be an interesting fun unit to play around with, lots of synergy opportunities with the rest of the list, that stasis bomb thing can be pretty neat under certain circumstances. You all ready bought it, might as well put it together, at least it will look pretty cool.

Denzark
06-11-2013, 03:45 AM
Do you really need a bump... after 1 hour?

Crazy Jedi
06-11-2013, 09:12 AM
I've used it in five games before I unloaded it. Four it preformed very underwhelming against flying d princess, and against the Hell Turkey. There was one game where it took down the Hell Turkey in one turn, and then played hell with a mob of 30 cultists for the next two turns, but that was it. I unloaded it just recently and haven't looked back.

Aspire to Glory
06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Do you really need a bump... after 1 hour?

I realized that it looked a bit unfocused, and in my late night stupor forgot that I could just edit.

I sure hope that's ok with you.

Houghten
06-11-2013, 10:51 AM
I just built mine as a display model.

And, since I was building it as a display model, I felt entirely free to mix up the weapon configurations, because really, the combo of mega-bolter, heavy bolters and hurricane bolters is just too much fun* not to make. I don't know why GW felt the need to make this into a mutually exclusive dual kit instead of just one with options.

*But not too much dakka.

Xenith
06-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Presumably the DA flyer is now potent VS the Eldar flyer? Especially with Lascannons.

Denzark
06-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I realized that it looked a bit unfocused, and in my late night stupor forgot that I could just edit.

I sure hope that's ok with you.

You fill your boots my son.

Aspire to Glory
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
You fill your boots my son.

Oh good. I was super worried.

Denzark
06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Oh good. I was super worried.

Don't be, your elders are watching over you young'un.