PDA

View Full Version : Movement Questions?

chicop76
06-10-2013, 04:07 PM
1. If a flying MC use a run move does it have to be in the direction it's pointed or in any direction. Reason I ask I can use run to turn around so I can vector strike in a better postion or the same unit next turn.

2. The M:confused:asque has an ability that can force a unit to move, run, charge d3". If this is used on a flying MC it means he can only fly d3". Would that force him to enter glide mode or would he still be swooping. Thinking about it more what effect whould this have on a flyer as well?

deinol
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
I have no idea on number 2, but a MC isn't a vehicle. The direction the model faces is purely cosmetic. It can move, shoot, run, or charge in any direction.

chicop76
06-10-2013, 06:36 PM
I have no idea on number 2, but a MC isn't a vehicle. The direction the model faces is purely cosmetic. It can move, shoot, run, or charge in any direction.

It matters in swoop mode. Let me say this in a differant way.

If a flying MC is in swoop mode, can run change it's flight direction?

Asuryan
06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
The rule's for a swooping flying MC can run 2d6 straight forward

deinol
06-10-2013, 07:48 PM
It matters in swoop mode. Let me say this in a different way.

If a flying MC is in swoop mode, can run change it's flight direction?

Ah yes, sorry. When you said Run I wasn't thinking about swooping.

Indeed no, you can't turn except at the beginning of the turn.

Nabterayl
06-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Since the Dance of Caging prohibits an FMC from fulfilling the movement requirements for Swooping, yes, I think it would be forced to Glide.

chicop76
06-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Damn. It's strait foward running :(. Was hoping to turn around.

Well cool might use the Masque to assault some flyers with my daemonettes. Wish she could do that to all flyers.