PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Ork Tournament List

newtjedi
06-10-2013, 05:12 AM
Why hello there!

I'm entering a tournament here in sunny old Liverpool, and I'm thinking of running the following Ork list. Any feedback will be gratefully received!

HQ
Warboss (stikkbombs, mega-armour, bosspole) 105

ELITES
10 x Lootas (150)
4 x Nobz (Eavy armour, big choppas, stikkbomz), 1 x Painboy (stikkbomz), Battlewagon (red paint job, 2 x big shootas) 249

TROOPS
29 x Ork Boyz (2 x Big Shootas, shootas), 1 x Nob ('Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Power Klaw) 235
29 x Ork Boyz (2 x Big Shootas, shootas), 1 x Nob ('Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Power Klaw) 235

FAST ATTACK
Dakkajet (3 x Super Shootas, flyboss) 130
Dakkajet (3 x Super Shootas, flyboss) 130

HEAVY
3 x Killa Kans (1 x Rokkit Launcha, 1 x Kustom Mega Blaster, 1 x Big Shoota) 145

What do you guys reckon? Need more anti-flyer?

newtjedi
06-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Thanks for all the help guys! Really appreciated!

Wolfshade
06-12-2013, 03:20 AM
It is a generic army list with copying of the same unit.
It has been critiqued a number of times.

The big question is really: "What is the local meta?"

I could suggest changes that you might make to the list to make it more competitive for tournies in my locality.

The only observation that I would offer here is the Killa Kans have no focus with their different armaments.

I am also guessing that the warboss is in the battlewagon with the nobz.

Don't forget that you can count the Nobz as troops owing to the warboss special rule.

Garradh
06-12-2013, 11:45 AM
The list has no real anti-flyer if you're facing Imperial flyers. Could be a big issue, depends on your meta.

G00dySmiley
06-12-2013, 11:51 AM
orks do one thing better than anybody .. spamming one thing. you are helping your opponent by bringing a balance list like that.

anti armor has cans and a bw to pop, a few easy tio kill fliers for their skyfire units, and mass boddies for the anti infantry.

I am more a fan of everybody walks or everybody rides in my ork lists. bw boyz or just walk everything for real green tide... possibly can wall it thought its not as good as it used to be

Sonikgav
06-12-2013, 06:06 PM
The list has no real anti-flyer if you're facing Imperial flyers. Could be a big issue, depends on your meta.

It has Loota's.

It could stand to have some more as 10 arent that many, but the Orks are an Army that is DESIGNED for Snapshots. Theyre already BS2, the Army as a whole is built to overcome stupidly low accuracy.

A potential 30 shots from that Loota Mob? At Autocannon Range and S7? Theyre gonna bring something down.

Similarly, at 5 points a piece, get as Many Big Shoota's on that Battlewagon as you can. With the change to vehicle shooting you can still Snapshot every gun on the damn thing if you move and its only (as far as the Orks are concerned) a -1 Penatly to shooting.

Angelofblades
06-14-2013, 02:50 AM
In this day and age of challenges, I believe pklaws do boy mobz a huge disservice. I think you woild be better off saving points and sticking with huge choppas. Hell your hitting at S7 on the charge with it.

Sonikgav
06-14-2013, 04:58 AM
Yea Klaws arent an auto this edition. An Ork Nob isnt tough enough to survive being picked out with precision shots or taken out in a challenge before it gets to strike and for an Ork army a Klaw aint a cheap thing to waste.

A Warboss, or a full unit of Nobs id say go for it, but for leading Boys I wouldnt bother.