PDA

View Full Version : necrons v.s. dark eldar

jgebi
06-09-2013, 07:32 AM
My club did a 24 hour marathon on my fri/sat just been and I finialy played my mates DE and his lances are real dicks along with his beast men (3+ invo), so whats the best way to counter this? also with quantum shields dose the lance rule still affect it?

Sly
06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
The Khymerae from the Beastmasters have a 4++. not a 3++.

jgebi
06-09-2013, 05:24 PM
he put one of those wierd people with it to lower it to 3++

HERO
06-09-2013, 06:30 PM
he put one of those wierd people with it to lower it to 3++

I think he needs to look at his rules..

jgebi
06-10-2013, 01:05 AM
are their any easy ways to death with those squads?

jgebi
06-10-2013, 01:13 AM
my mistake it was a 4++ and a 5+ FnP theirs no way to couter that is their...

Whoop!
06-10-2013, 05:50 AM
I understand your pain. I just played against the great unclean one with rerolls on his invulnerable, fell no pain, and seven wounds. that's rolling three 5+ saves for each wound, ridiculous. It took my Necron Wraiths forever to kill him, and any other unit in my army would have been eaten alive quickly. I think Wraiths may be your answer, their 3++ and two wounds make them hella durable as long as your dice don't screw you.

WarlordEXE
06-18-2013, 02:14 AM
my mistake it was a 4++ and a 5+ FnP theirs no way to couter that is their...

annihilation barges? just about nothing in the dark elder dex is going to get FNP from those. Also, beastmaster packs are clean up crews. They don't handle full strength squads well. My guess is that a unit of 6 wraiths could chew them up, especially with a shackles destroyer lord. I'm guessing the guy runs the baron in the unit. If he isn't playing smart or you can get the jump on him then make sure you issue a challenge with the wraith and watch him go to town on his own unit. And yes lances bring quantum down to armor 12, but honestly glancing on fours isn't completely reliable for taking down heavy mech. Ya he should kill a vehicle per turn with focused lance fire, but paper planes don't hold up well to shooting of any kind so his lance count should drop fast.