PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Space Marine Army List Help

KarampaFIN
06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey everyone,

I started an Ultramarine Army last month and decided to expand from 1750pts to 2000pts. I have around 3000pts of ultramarines in total, but I only plan to paint first those that make to my army list.

So I'm looking for some advice from more experienced space marine players!

So here is my current 1750pts list

-HQ- -150pts-

Librarian 150pts
- Epistolary

-Troops- -605pts-

Tactical Squad (10 models) 190pts
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon

Tactical Squad (10 models) 205pts
- Melta Gun
- Multi-Melta
- Power Fist

Rhino 40pts
- Dozer Blade

Scout Squad (5 models) 85pts
- Sniper Rifles
- heavy Bolter

Scout Squad (5 models) 85pts
- Sniper Rifles
- Heavy Bolters

-Elites- -485pts-

Terminator Squad (6 models) 280pts
- Cyclone Missile Launcher
- 2x Chainfist

sternguard (5 models) 170pts
- 2x Melta Gun
- 2x Combi-Plasma
- Power Fist

Drop Pod 35pts

-Heavy Support-

Land Raider 250pts

Storm Raven Gunship 260pts
- Assault Cannon
- Hurricane Bolters
- Typhoon Missile Launcher

I was planning to remove my first Tactical Squad and replace it with a 10-man Assault Squad w/Chaplain. Here is the list of other models I still have in "stock";

5x Sternguard
10x Tactical Marines
10x Devastators
1x Rhino

I can buy one "larger" kit (predator and cheaper) or two "smaller" ones (Tactical Squad and cheaper).

Faster I get your suggestion and opinions the better! Thanks for advance!

- KarampaFIN

xarthos
06-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Termi travel via raider while the tac form a gun line in cover and try and claim mid objectives? Leaving scouts to claim the objectives in your starter area.
What powers do you try?

KarampaFIN
06-09-2013, 06:33 AM
I usually use Null Zone and Smite, mainly because I face Legion of the Damned every now and then, and it has proven very powerful.

My basic tactic I use with that list has been this:

1. Land Raider moves slowly forward trying to destroy possible dangers for the 2nd Tac Squad in the Rhino
2. Terminators are on foot, protecting the land raider/starting objectives from enemy attacks. They also are my bunker for the Librarian
3. First Tactical Squad is placed on the objective that is either on my side or close and try to hold it until end of the game.
4. Both Scouts are around 10"-14" apart from each other and stay away from my closest objectives to cause a problem to my opponent. Sometimes rush towards objectives in the end.
5. Rest are used according to the opponents army and tactics.

Thus far only the First Tac Squad has been under performing and that's why I'm planning to change them to the Assault Squad.

xarthos
06-09-2013, 08:12 AM
I play angels so I am a fan of the assault squad, with melta or flamer.

KarampaFIN
06-09-2013, 10:22 AM
The problem is that I have about 100+ points to use after the addition of the Assault Squad and the Chaplain and I don't know what to add. :p

Wolfshade
06-10-2013, 01:58 AM
100 points short? Aegis defense line + Quadgun?

Pendragon38
06-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Or add a thunder fire cannon or two.......:)

rle68
06-13-2013, 10:02 PM
aegis line with quad gun better then a thunder fire.. "only because of its direct fire and versatility"