PDA

View Full Version : Best build for Eldar Autarch and Farseer?

Lost Vyper
06-07-2013, 10:32 AM
As i stated in the codex discussion, i got an Autarch on a bike today and a Farseer too...

Farseer is easy, i just make a basic build and in our FLGC, if he has a SS or doesnīt itīs not a WYSIWYG -matter...

But the Autarch...for me, 180p, is this = Jetbike, Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask, Mantle of Laughing God, Shard of Anaris...

what would be a perfect Shard for the figure? And what do think?

HERO
06-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Farseer should be either...
Jetbike, Spear @ 120
Jetbike, Spear, Mantle @ 160

Autarch should be..
JB, Fusion, Power Lance @ crap, left my book at home. But he would roll with Spears or JBs.
Or just have him roll with Warp Spiders and shoot some more.

The lack of Exarch options and weapon options really puts him on a back foot. He's nothing like an Archon and I would just take him for reserve opportunities.

El_Davo
06-07-2013, 11:20 AM
personally, i like keeping my things cheap. if i had an autarch on a bike i would give him the fusion gun and the mantle. thats it. just use him for popping tanks and turbo boosting.
but if you want to keep the shard, you could easily just green stuff a small diamond or cube or something. doesnt need to be too fancy.

DarkLink
06-07-2013, 01:03 PM
The Shard sucks. In fact, the only CCW available to Eldar seers and Autarchs that doesn't is the Firesaber, and it's merely decent. None of their weapons have the strength or ap to actually be good in assault. Fancy rules like Instant Death or Rending are not adequate to make a single model with such a limited number of attacks decent. Even an average SM sergeant has good odds of simply shrugging off your Autarch with a Shard's attacks with just an armor save, let alone an actual HQ with real weapons and invulnerable saves and 2+ armor and the like.

legalsmash
06-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I have two favorite builds:

Jetbike with starlance in a unit of 5 shining spears with exarch, seek, destroy, and run around generally being a nuisance

or

fusion gun, scorpion chainsword, warpjump generator with mandiblasters, attach to either warp spiders or a front line unit like firedragons - melt tanks.

G00dySmiley
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Autarch on a bike, w/ fusion gun, laser lance, banshee mask and mantle of the laughing god. 150 points so not a bargin hq... but undeniabluy effective. a unit what can move 50-60 inches to keep safe and come in when needed to pop a clutch transport or zip into a small squad and wipe them out with 4 attacks on the charge AP3 plus a hammer of wrath attack. I6 with a banshee mask means he is aways goign first even againt an I10 model (-5 initiative)

this is to say he looks good on paper, using one this weekend and will report back on effectivness finally get to use my old harliquin bikes.. well one of em anyway i uxse them as regular jet bike sbut got to remodel one with the aformentioned armament , cool looking guy

Mr.Pickelz
06-07-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm quickly seeing the Jetbike as a necessary item for Eldar, almost like Terminator armor or a Storm Shield for Marine characters. :rolleyes:

DarkLink
06-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Considering that Jetbike Guardians are pretty good, especially with how cheap their BS4 Shuriken Cannons are, and that putting the Farseer in the squad not only lets you toss out psychic powers without hindrance but also nets you T4 and 3+ armor and awesome maneuverability for very cheap... yeah. Default competitive first slot HQ. Second slot is either jetbike Autarch, second Farseer, Spiritseer if you want Wraithguard troops, Avatar for the Fearless bubble and for being scary, and there's probably one or two other options there.

Lost Vyper
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Built and paint done in one mad weekend :) Got em ready for a battle, with the Autarch still with his sword (still deciding what to do). For HQīs, 180p for what (Autarch) heīs got is still cheap in my books. Itīs gonna take a while to try them out, but will report ASAP...

Power Klawz
06-08-2013, 06:17 PM
You can't take mantle and shard on the same character, can only take one remnant of glory per character.

About a 41% chance on the charge of getting a rending hit and instagibbing anything without an invuln. Against something like a tzeentch terminator lord, stormshield imperial terminator captain or other such monstrosity you're probably not going to make it.

Although... a death mission farseer with a good rampage roll might make good use of the shard. 8 attacks on the charge with a roll of 5+.

All in all you trade the surety of something like a power fist for what basically amounts to a guaranty of going first and a chance at killing anything. The fearless might be worth the 40 points in certain circumstances though. Rending is cool but ap2 would have been amazing.

daboarder
06-08-2013, 07:13 PM
You can't take mantle and shard on the same character, can only take one remnant of glory per character.

About a 41% chance on the charge of getting a rending hit and instagibbing anything without an invuln. Against something like a tzeentch terminator lord, stormshield imperial terminator captain or other such monstrosity you're probably not going to make it.

Although... a death mission farseer with a good rampage roll might make good use of the shard. 8 attacks on the charge with a roll of 5+.

All in all you trade the surety of something like a power fist for what basically amounts to a guaranty of going first and a chance at killing anything. The fearless might be worth the 40 points in certain circumstances though. Rending is cool but ap2 would have been amazing.

no not quite,

You replace a weapon with each remnant, you can however take multiples, I refer you to the autarch entry.

May take item's from the remnants of glory list

furthermore

the text

may replace one weapon with one of the following

is referring to the fact that you must replace a weapon for each single item. With the exceptions being the items annotated.

DarkLink
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
About a 41% chance on the charge of getting a rending hit and instagibbing anything without an invuln.

Is there anything worth challenging that doesn't have an invulnerable save? At least a 5++, but much more commonly a 4++ or even a 3++ with a lot of units.

daboarder
06-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Is there anything worth challenging that doesn't have an invulnerable save? At least a 5++, but much more commonly a 4++ or even a 3++ with a lot of units.

lotsa nids?

Learn2Eel
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Somewhat unrelated, but Eldrad does pretty well for a "Farseer" in melee. Two attacks isn't much, but when they wound on a 2+ at AP3 and are force weapon strikes, one needs to be careful. I can just imagine the look on a Tyranid players' face when some tiny little guy with two attacks fries the brains of their precious Tervigons.
A Banshee Mask is great for an Autarch, really helps out units that actually have grenades - though of course most enemies will strike after you anyway when most of your army is I5. Really though, you want to keep both Autarchs and Farseers cheap; they are support characters, not combat monsters like Chaos Lords are intended to be. They don't need much to work.
I got cheated by some guy in a large six-per-side game that claimed Banshee Masks worked in "first round of combat", not "on the charge". Made a big difference as we would have drawn the game, not lost by three.

DarkLink
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I guess. But even then, nidz love Iron Arm and Endurance, so they have access to Eternal Warrior.

Learn2Eel
06-08-2013, 08:50 PM
The only problem with that is how unreliable it is to get Iron Arm, and Endurance won't save you from instant death. Tervigons do it better than most though with three powers (if you go the Crushergon route).

Lost Vyper
06-10-2013, 10:40 AM

Damn, got scared and rushed for the codex! As was said before, you can make the build iī, going to try...shouldnīt scare people like that :)

DarkLink
06-10-2013, 11:46 AM
The only problem with that is how unreliable it is to get Iron Arm, and Endurance won't save you from instant death. Tervigons do it better than most though with three powers (if you go the Crushergon route).

But my point is, taking a piece of wargear because you hope to face the one army it's good against, and hope that they don't roll the psychic powers that pretty much completely negate it, isn't a good plan. Not when you can take an actually useful piece of wargear.

G00dySmiley
06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Autarch on a bike, w/ fusion gun, laser lance, banshee mask and mantle of the laughing god. 150 points so not a bargin hq... but undeniabluy effective. a unit what can move 50-60 inches to keep safe and come in when needed to pop a clutch transport or zip into a small squad and wipe them out with 4 attacks on the charge AP3 plus a hammer of wrath attack. I6 with a banshee mask means he is aways goign first even againt an I10 model (-5 initiative)

this is to say he looks good on paper, using one this weekend and will report back on effectivness finally get to use my old harliquin bikes.. well one of em anyway i uxse them as regular jet bike sbut got to remodel one with the aformentioned armament , cool looking guy

he mroe than made his pointts back before tragically being killed by a failed cover save to a missile launcher. played a large 2v2 1850 per pleayer, 3700 per side game he took out doom of malintide, 2 spore pods and then a full squad of long fangs targeted him and thier psycher had ignore cover so he popped all wounds from a missile (5 really.. f%@king longfangs) will play again his weakness if high str ignoring cover/jink. but he is small enough to hide well usually

MASTERY LVL 5
03-04-2014, 02:51 AM

I played a game with an Autarch mantle/shard/jetbike build and killed 11 Daemon characters in a single game so it has its uses, like being a bullet sponge as well lol

Demonus
03-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Yep just watch out for the cover ignorers :)

Dave Mcturk
03-04-2014, 05:12 PM
the shard gives auto fearless... so imo it is better than the sabre... if im not running two lords i generally go two farseers on bikes sharing the goodies but ALWAYS with spears ... st 9 anti tank cannot be undersold and they are great at id things like wraith/meganobs/warriors/termis etc...

i generally run an autarch with a maxed out spider team, shard gives fearless, fusion gun to boost anti tank and if spare points a reaper launcher for long range sniping...

if you put an autarch anywhere but spiders then the bike is a must for t4, but i tend to stick with the shard and fusion gun as it keeps his options open

never had any success with the mlg ... mb the proliferation of st8 locally is the reason... at least lords are eternal warriors...

i think ALL warlord hq choices should gain eternal warrior ...

davel
03-07-2014, 02:31 PM
If your chariter is also your warlord then the Phoenix gem is worth considering as it may keep the slay the war lord point out of your opponents grasp. As our characters are easily instant killed.

Dave l