PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Eldar - Crazy (semi-)Mech list

SeekingOne
06-07-2013, 09:11 AM
OK, maybe not that crazy... Or maybe stupid rather than crazy, lol. Anyway, here goes.

Autarch w/some minimal upgrades ~90pt

5 x Dire Avengers
- Wave Serpent (t/l scatter laser, extra shuricannon)

5 x Dire Avengers

5 x Dire Avengers

5 x Dire Avengers

Crimson Hunter
Crimson Hunter
Crimson Hunter (exarch, starcannons)

Wraithknight
Wraithknight

1850 exactly.

At the core of the list lies a very simple idea that 4 WSs and 2 WKs can reliably kill the ubiquitous quad-gun on turn 1, and then the jets will have much easier time finding a safe(r) vector to move in. When they move in they either go on a merry dance with the enemy flyers (autarch might be of use ensuring they move in after the enemy flyers arrive) or, if there are none, mess up the ground targets. The CH exarch with starcannons is taken mostly for a bit more flexibility with target selection.

I like WKs because they add a bit of melee capability to the list. One of them might be replaced with Avatar however.

Looking forward to your comments! Really hope someone can give me a well-reasoned explanation of why this list is silly and not worth trying ;)

Caitsidhe
06-07-2013, 09:31 AM
I think it can (and will) do the job you have designed it to do. I think you will be able to do a reliable kill on the Quad Gun (barring Night Fight and deep placement). With that gun out of the way I think your Fliers will be fairly effective in playing hunter killer against opposing fliers.

That being said, the list doesn't do much else in a reliable way. The two Wraithknights are Jump Monstrous creatures and nothing to sneeze at, but that is still a lot of weight they have to carry. Like my own lists, any loss is pretty severe. This is the very epitome of an elite army. Let us know how this does. I see the build as viable and in the hands of a skilled player good, but it has very little margin for error or bad luck.

G00dySmiley
06-07-2013, 10:27 AM
looks liek a fun and strong list to play... but that it will have problems against cover denying unit, i reccoment making them be your priority one target. also if i were fielding my orks i would love to face that list (mostly because I want to see a wraithkknight/ warboss on bike w/ pk, cybork and supported by nobz w/ painboy for fnp showdown)

eris
06-07-2013, 11:00 AM
heh doesn't look that bad. Autarch pushes your fliers in on a 2+ if your opponent is low on fliers/anti-air (i.e. you kill that quadgun), or can delay if they're cron air and can try and evade with your ground forces.

I'd maybe pull the extra shuricannons off. They pull you into <24" range, which leaves you open to far more dangerous things than you'd be subject to at the <36" you could sit at with just the scatter and shield discharge. You could then use the spare points to up all the fliers to exarch.

The only reason it's silly is that it's £230/$420+ of new toys. ;)

El_Davo
06-08-2013, 12:04 AM
You could then use the spare points to up all the fliers to exarch.

Im pretty sure you can only have one exarch per detachment, but i could be wrong. but you are right. you could free up points and take holo fields or vectored engines on the serpents.

Power Klawz
06-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Im pretty sure you can only have one exarch per detachment, but i could be wrong. but you are right. you could free up points and take holo fields or vectored engines on the serpents.

This is correct, only one exarch per detachment.

Other than being spamalicious I like the intent of the list. I'd probably pair down the knights and flyers by one each, combine those DA's into 2 squads of 10 and throw in some dragons with a falcon and some reapers for lulz.