PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point eldar list

El_Davo
06-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Hey here is my first list. i played against a monster nid list and won with only 3 dead dire avengers.

hq

Farseer-Runes of witnessing, runes of warding

Troops
10 Rangers

10 dire avengers
Wave serpent

Fast Attack
10 Swooping hawks

10 warp spiders

Crimson hunter

Heavy Support
Fire prism

3 war walkers- 2 S-cannons each

Let me know what you think. i might drop the avatar for another farseer and maybe some exarchs for the aspect warriors.
also, as a side note, i didnt tool my list to beat him. it was the first thing i came up with after having the book for 30 mins. but let me know what you think.
*edit* also just for kicks and giggles, if you cast the running power on banshees and if your warlord has the running trait, you can run your banshees d6 plus 7 inches. lol anyone else think thats awesome? even if it wont work? so if you roll a 6, you move them 19 inches in a turn. awesome right?

Garradh
06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Runes of Warding seem like a bit of a waste, how often will your Farseer unit be getting attacked by psychic powers? Usually you'll have a +1 to your Deny for having a Mastery 3 psyker . . . I can't convince myself that Warding is worth it.

DarkLink
06-06-2013, 01:11 PM
It's not. Nor is Runes of Witnessing, not when the Ghost Helm can block 2/3 of all Perils. And if you're scared of taking a wound from Perils... well, grow up, at least your Farseer has 3 wounds. Most people have been playing with 2-wound psykers with zero protection from Perils for years now.

El_Davo
06-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Runes of Warding seem like a bit of a waste, how often will your Farseer unit be getting attacked by psychic powers? Usually you'll have a +1 to your Deny for having a Mastery 3 psyker . . . I can't convince myself that Warding is worth it.

yea thats a good point actually. lol say good bye to runes of warding.

It's not. Nor is Runes of Witnessing, not when the Ghost Helm can block 2/3 of all Perils. And if you're scared of taking a wound from Perils... well, grow up, at least your Farseer has 3 wounds.
thats also a good point, but i was taking it mostly for just failed psychic tests. in my game i failed to cast doom on the swarmlord, but the runes of witnessing let me reroll it and pass it. but i'll try the next game with out them. see how it works.

thanks for the tips. i'll let you know how it works in the next game

Power Klawz
06-08-2013, 03:21 PM
The entire eldar concept is based on having everything go off at just the right time. Runes of witnessing aren't primarily to protect your farseer, they're to make sure that the one power you need to turn the battle in your favor DOES go off. The new eldar list is all about setting up the big fat kill, for 15 points you get a lot closer to certainty.

Hawks vs. Spiders. Both are extremely maneuverable, both can threaten a lot of vehicles, both chew through non MEQ infantry at a pretty prodigious clip. Spiders can handle light and medium vehicles at 12 inches, hawks need to assault to do vehicle damage. Spiders can rock MEQ, terminators, basically anything. Hawks will struggle against 3+ saves and might as well be throwing lawn darts at terminators. Hawks will decimate hordes, spiders will do very well against hordes but lack pie plates and sheer rate of fire.

I think there's an argument to be made that they compliment each other very well, but if I was going for sheer versatility in an all comers list I'd probably double up on spiders before I took hawks.

El_Davo
06-09-2013, 11:49 AM
My spiders have done more for me in my last couple of games so i'll probably drop the hawks. i love the no scattering deep strike though.

In my last couple of games my war walkers have been less than spectacular. I was thinking about dropping them, but i'm not sure what i would drop them for. Anyone have an suggestions?

And yes, thats why i'm going to be taking runes of witnessing everytime now. its saved me every game now.

Garradh
06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
War Walkers with S-Cannons play directly into the WW weakness. Switch the guns to something with a range bigger than basic bolters, or use shoot-n-scoot with Battle Trance to keep them safer.

40kGamer
06-10-2013, 12:04 PM
War Walkers with S-Cannons play directly into the WW weakness. Switch the guns to something with a range bigger than basic bolters, or use shoot-n-scoot with Battle Trance to keep them safer.

Agreed. I'd bump WW up to 2xScatter Lasers or SL + StarCannon. 36" is a big help at keeping them safe from small arms fire.

Ben Brown
06-14-2013, 05:56 AM
id go for the scatter laser and star cannon option as well as its very similar in terms of heavy damage and has the edge on a numerous foe. nice list but what about exarchs for the warp spiders and hawks they both have some savage options, i consider hawks just for the sunrifle on its own

davel
06-15-2013, 02:37 AM
5 out of 6 missions involve scoring units, with only 2 troops choices that is a big weakness that canny opponents will focus on

Dave l

Dave Mcturk
06-15-2013, 06:00 AM
"Hawks vs. Spiders. Both are extremely maneuverable, both can threaten a lot of vehicles, both chew through non MEQ infantry at a pretty prodigious clip. Spiders can handle light and medium vehicles at 12 inches, hawks need to assault to do vehicle damage. Spiders can rock MEQ, terminators, basically anything. Hawks will struggle against 3+ saves and might as well be throwing lawn darts at terminators. Hawks will decimate hordes, spiders will do very well against hordes but lack pie plates and sheer rate of fire.

I think there's an argument to be made that they compliment each other very well, but if I was going for sheer versatility in an all comers list I'd probably double up on spiders before I took hawks."

THIS !

Defenestratus
06-16-2013, 06:27 AM
"Hawks vs. Spiders. Both are extremely maneuverable, both can threaten a lot of vehicles, both chew through non MEQ infantry at a pretty prodigious clip. Spiders can handle light and medium vehicles at 12 inches, hawks need to assault to do vehicle damage. Spiders can rock MEQ, terminators, basically anything. Hawks will struggle against 3+ saves and might as well be throwing lawn darts at terminators. Hawks will decimate hordes, spiders will do very well against hordes but lack pie plates and sheer rate of fire.

I think there's an argument to be made that they compliment each other very well, but if I was going for sheer versatility in an all comers list I'd probably double up on spiders before I took hawks."

THIS !

Indeed. Its difficult to explain this to people who claim that hawks are the bee's knees now. They're ok, but they're nothing compared to the awesomeness of Warp Spiders. Since they both occupy the same FOC, unfortunately its a pretty easy choice which unit to field. Tell-tale sign of a poor book...."no brainer" choices.

chorde
06-16-2013, 07:25 AM
have to agree about the hawks...swap them out for another troop choice, squad of gaurdians with scat laser or some jetbikes if u have them, had 4 battles now; gaurdians with battle focus, and higher bs/ws/I are a solid option. Before dropping or changing the walkers try outflanking them, I used to keep them near a farseer to get a descent amount of hits and keep them in cover, now, with an invo save comming on hitting vehicles side armour on 3's with the occasional AP 2 they really don't need 'assistance' anymore. Also allows u to stay clear of zooming flyers. They will have to hover if u come on near their table edge, warp spiders and serpents will enjoy that :)

If you drop the avatar, have a look at asurman, with 3 rolls on the eldar warlord trait table u have a descent chance of getting Seer of the shifting Vector, put him in your waveserpent and deepstrike your spiders in reliably.

In regard to the banshee movement, they are fast if boosted no doubt but as u run in the shoot phase you can't assault and given the issue of no assault grenades....when u can assault not to many generals are going to leave a unit out of cover for u to charge thus 'awesome' might not be the right word. Best of luck Davo with whatever you choose :)