PDA

View Full Version : Iyanden Book Confirmed Hard version

DrLove42
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=9400002

WD daily confirms Iyanden sourcebook

Confirmed to feature lots of new rules....including councils of Spiritseers, new Warlord traits....and the ability to take a Wraithknight as a HQ choice....

Iyanna Arienel is in the video.....dunno if rules, but shes got a whole page of fluff and new art

Iyanden armies can take 5 Spiritseers per HQ slot ....imagine....10 Spiritseers on the table. Thats a lot of power....

One of the new Warlord Traits - 3 dice to reroll at any point in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmaykUjsBPM&feature=player_embedded

Hard back versions pre order 15th June. ONly 500 of the limited version available....

Also for non Eldar players - it specifically says "first of our new supplements". Expect more in the future

Caitsidhe
06-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes... for a paltry doubling of the price you can get all the stuff we purposely broke out of your new Codex to put in a supplementary one. :) But wait... there is more.... many of the things you complained about "can be yours" for this upgrade. Be sure to get your Limited Edition. Those typos will only increase the collector's value in the years to come.

eldargal
06-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Arousing.

Iyanna Arienal art, even more arousing...
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4175&d=1370272632
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4176&d=1370272633

Caitsidhe, shut up. You can run a Iyanden list fine with the regular Codex, this is purely supplemental. 32 pages of Iyanden background alone is worth the price of admission for me, that's almost as much as we get for the entire Eldar race in C:E.

Better yet:

First in a series of codex supplements

DrLove42
06-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Yep, i'm looking forward to this.

Caitsidhe
06-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Not in my area. If I wanted to use any of the rules from the supplement, I would have to bring the supplement in addition to the Codex to any tournament.

Cap'nSmurfs
06-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Ha, posted this in the other thread: you guys said it better. I have no interest in Iyanren but this looks like a lovely book and marks a pleasing trend. I look forward to the others!

eldargal
06-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Hopefully HD version of Iyanna:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4177&d=1370273166
Wonder if we will see a model of her one day.

Kyban
06-03-2013, 09:28 AM
It looks really cool, I just wish it wasn't so expensive (same goes for regular codices though). I hope there's more than Iyanden fluff though, C:E was kind of light on new fluff.

StraightSilver
06-03-2013, 09:35 AM
This is actually pretty awesome, the ability to take a WraithKnight as HQ means I can buy the models I wanted (WraithKnight and Wraith Guard / Blades) and use them as allies in another army. :)

And I actually like the idea of supplemental rules and FOCs. I think this is a good move, although it is what Chapter Approved used to do all those years ago.

But that contained a mix of different races etc.

To have army specific supplemental rules and background I think is a nice touch, and it's what loads of other companies do with RPGs.

Deadlift
I'm in. Eldar have never really interested me at all, except for its wraith constructs and the Iyanden craft world. Its like this Eldar release was geared towards me personally. I thought it was out this weekend though :(. Either way I pre-ordered on iPad on Saturday.

DrLove42
Just look at the artwork, its all great.

eldargal
06-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Regular eldar army, no wraithknight in HS+ Iyanden allies with WK as compulsory HQ= fun.

Deadlift
06-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Assuming you can ally with the expansion.

eldargal
06-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Yep, you should though, a supplemental codex is still a new army list.

D6Damager
06-03-2013, 09:45 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=9400002

WD daily confirms Iyanden sourcebook

Confirmed to feature lots of new rules....including councils of Spiritseers, new Warlord traits....and the ability to take a Wraithknight as a HQ choice....

Iyanna Arienel is in the video.....dunno if rules, but shes got a whole page of fluff and new art

Iyanden armies can take 5 Spiritseers per HQ slot ....imagine....10 Spiritseers on the table. Thats a lot of power....

One of the new Warlord Traits - 3 dice to reroll at any point in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmaykUjsBPM&feature=player_embedded

Hard back versions pre order 15th June. ONly 500 of the limited version available....

Also for non Eldar players - it specifically says "first of our new supplements". Expect more in the future

It also changes the primaris psychic power for Spiritseers from the Runes of Battle list. Getting Voice of Twilight instead.

Deadlift
06-03-2013, 09:52 AM
I know some will dismay at the extra cost of the book. To me it's like a mini GW version of a FW book or expansion and as such actually pretty cool and worth the cost in comparison.

Tyrendian
06-03-2013, 09:54 AM
it doesn't make Wraithknights HQ sadly... it says at 1:06 that Wraithlords or Wraithknights can be your Warlord even though they are not a HQ choice... anyway... so getting this thing, along with some Wraithguard, which I didn't get until now...

Deadlift
06-03-2013, 10:03 AM
The Hardback version is available to order on the 15th, however the iBooks version says available on the 8th. Is this right ?

Tyrendian
06-03-2013, 10:38 AM
The Hardback version is available to order on the 15th, however the iBooks version says available on the 8th. Is this right ?

preorder I'd guess

Lexington
06-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Great to hear. I'm a much bigger fan of this than the sublist-by-special-character shenanigans of the past.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=4176&d=1370272633
Heh. For anyone who needed confirmation...that is definitely some Ward prose. Hopefully he won't be doing all of these.

Patrick Boyle
06-03-2013, 11:09 AM
So with confirmation that more are coming, bets that this is how we will see Black Templars, after all the rumors they're getting rolled into Codex: Space Marines? Wonder if there will be any for any of the already released 6th ed books, the Traitor Legions all jump to mind of course, or maybe a Farsight Enclave supplement for Tau. I've personally got my fingers crossed for a Blood Ravens supplement for C:SM at some point though...

Deadlift
06-03-2013, 11:13 AM
I would like to see Iron Hands and Flesh Tearers personally :)

Patrick Boyle
06-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I would like to see Iron Hands and Flesh Tearers personally :)

Iron Hands seems like a reasonable assumption given they're currently the only first founding loyalist chapter without a character somewhere.

Wildeybeast
06-03-2013, 01:29 PM
I get that we are all excited by the new expansion but do we really need three separate threads about. C'mon people, lets keep the forum tidy.

Mr Mystery
06-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Hmmm.

Codex Thousand Sons. Codex World Nommers. Codex Dirty Kinky Buggers. Codex Dirty Stinky Buggers....

Dare I whisper it..... Codex Leviathan, Codex Kraken....

Mr Mystery
06-03-2013, 02:36 PM
And it's out! someone with an iPad put us out of our misery! Please! (https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iyanden-codex-eldar-supplement/id656164538?mt=11)

Cap'nSmurfs
06-03-2013, 02:52 PM
I have an iPad! I also spent like £120 on zoggin' Eldar this weekend, so someone else will have to step up. ;)

Clockwork
06-03-2013, 03:04 PM
And it's out! someone with an iPad put us out of our misery! Please! (https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iyanden-codex-eldar-supplement/id656164538?mt=11)

It's not out yet. You can download the sample, but that's it.

Kirsten
06-03-2013, 03:09 PM
that link says 'print length 121 pages' surely not? honestly that would be about 70 more than I expected

Deadlift
06-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I get that we are all excited by the new expansion but do we really need three separate threads about. C'mon people, lets keep the forum tidy.

You have to thank the mad Drlove for that, he started all 3 of them lol :D

Seph V.
06-03-2013, 03:57 PM
I personally am excited for this just for the soul fact I can wait for my fav craftworld, Alaitoc.

Perhaps in that book, there will be some new rules and all that will make Illic more badass then his vanilla incarnation atm :)

Hell, just give me "Harlequin Shadowseer doesnt have to roll for "Veil of Tears" and I'll be a happy panda.

daboarder
06-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Oh man, I hope they do legions, I'd jump on a deathguard/children supplament like nobodies business.

flekkzo
06-03-2013, 07:14 PM
So with confirmation that more are coming, bets that this is how we will see Black Templars, after all the rumors they're getting rolled into Codex: Space Marines? Wonder if there will be any for any of the already released 6th ed books, the Traitor Legions all jump to mind of course, or maybe a Farsight Enclave supplement for Tau. I've personally got my fingers crossed for a Blood Ravens supplement for C:SM at some point though...

Wish they had done DA this way, and BA. So much of the Space Marines are the same units after all.

The flip side is that there are going to be a lot of sad pandas who isn't getting their favorites:( For example: Alaitoc, Imperial Fists, Thousand sons, Angels of Absolution, etc.

Sainhann
06-03-2013, 08:04 PM
So Eldar players will need to spend just how much to get there complete set of rules.

Standard Codex - $55
Iyanden Codex - $55
Alaitoc Codex - $55
Beil-Tan Codex - $55
Sain-Hann - $55
Ulthwe Codex - $55

So that is $330 just got to love the GW business model if they are really smart they would provide a large Model for each of the Craftworlds that way the can scam more money from their customers.

Mr.Pickelz
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Your also forgetting Exodites and Harlequins....
Bring on the Space Clowns of Doom and the Dragon Riders!

daboarder
06-03-2013, 09:42 PM
So Eldar players will need to spend just how much to get there complete set of rules.

Standard Codex - $55
Iyanden Codex - $55
Alaitoc Codex - $55
Beil-Tan Codex - $55
Sain-Hann - $55
Ulthwe Codex - $55

So that is $330 just got to love the GW business model if they are really smart they would provide a large Model for each of the Craftworlds that way the can scam more money from their customers.

Do you also buy every single codex for marines? or every codex period?

B*tch more man, B*tch more!

Gir
06-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Standard Codex - $55
Iyanden Codex - $55
Alaitoc Codex - $55
Beil-Tan Codex - $55
Sain-Hann - $55
Ulthwe Codex - $55

In the same way Space Marine Players need to buy Space Marine, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templars & Grey Knights to get all the a complete set of rules?

AnEnemy
06-03-2013, 10:55 PM
In the same way Space Marine Players need to buy Space Marine, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templars & Grey Knights to get all the a complete set of rules?

Lots of them do. I own all of those books except Dark Angels.(since the switch to HC I only buy what I play...as opposed to every codex released. Congrats GW you made a huge profit on the single Eldar book I've bought. Hope it makes up for the $100 or so I would have spent if all your new codices were released in soft cover) I imagine there are quite a few Eldar fans that would feel obligated to collect and devour every bit of material that is released for their favorite army.

Gir
06-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Lots of them do. I own all of those books except Dark Angels.(since the switch to HC I only buy what I play...as opposed to every codex released. Congrats GW you made a huge profit on the single Eldar book I've bought. Hope it makes up for the $100 or so I would have spent if all your new codices were released in soft cover) I imagine there are quite a few Eldar fans that would feel obligated to collect and devour every bit of material that is released for their favorite army.

I'm the opposite. Since the switch to hard cover I buy every book, as they are much better value. Guess we cancel each other out.

Mr Mystery
06-03-2013, 11:56 PM
I buy every codex.

1. Know your foe.
2. They're a good read.
3. I need something to read on the bog!

daboarder
06-03-2013, 11:59 PM
The thing is, we don't NEED to buy every book, we choose to because we feel they are worth the value. as such supplements are only a good thing, allowing the expansion and fielding of niche armies that we haven't seen since 3rd ed.

Farseer Uthiliesh
06-04-2013, 05:23 AM

Standard Codex - $55
Iyanden Codex - $55
Alaitoc Codex - $55
Beil-Tan Codex - $55
Sain-Hann - $55
Ulthwe Codex - $55

Just give me the Ulthwe codex :)

Cap'nSmurfs
06-04-2013, 05:27 AM
I actually don't reckon all the craftworlds will get a supplement. Iyanden are the most deviant faction, because they use ghost warriors almost exclusively. All of the craftworlds' fighting styles - including Iyanden, honestly - are available from the main book.

Also, talking about "having to spend" all that money "to get the full rules" is utter nonsense. The Iyanden book has some variations on the basic army list but not tremendous ones. Not interested in Iyanden? You don't need the book; it's something extra for those who are, for Eldar fanatics/completists, or people who want every book going.

eldargal
06-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Yes we have no idea whether there will be any more craftworld supplements at all, let alone one for every Craftworld. Just a lot of hope.:)

Sonikgav
06-04-2013, 05:37 AM
Yea at most id stump up for Iyanden and Beil Tan if they redo the Aspects in plastic (rumoured potential second wave with Biel Tan supplement) as I like some of the aspects but hate finecast with a passion.

I could also be tempted by Saim Hann but that would be a long way off for me personally.

Hexx2019
06-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Just imagine the potential for supplements when the sm codex comes out.....

Autarch
06-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Man limited edition? What a drag...I want one but it'd suck if they get all snatched up before I get a chance. What gives with all this limited edition stuff? I don't get it.

Hexx2019
06-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Limited edition is a nice little trick that any retailer can pull, its pretty much a sure fire sell of each one printed. Think about it even if the product sucks people want to snap it up due to limited numbers for possible resale value, not only that but it means that they only have to print say 1000 unites that they KNOW they will sell due to my previous point.
Label something limited or collectors and people instantly go into panic buy mode thinking "Oh no there is only x amount of those, if I don't buy it now I may never get another chance so I WILL BUY IT NOW....even though I need that money for food"

Cpt Codpiece
06-04-2013, 06:51 AM
I buy every codex.

1. Know your foe.
2. They're a good read.
3. I need something to read on the bog!

this :)
i will buy it as i was building a pre kraken army anyway :)
now i just have a reason to buy £300 of wraithguard LOL (just don't tell the Mrs they are in boxes of 5, blag her they are in 10s)

murgel
06-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Frankly I believe it is a good idea to flood the hobby with codices and supplements.
1. Hobbyist can buy what he wants in the depth he wants.
2. It will become too expensive for people to have all codices.
No. 2 will be resulting in something new for many. Knot knowing your enemy intimately.
Which quite frankly I love. It will make playing much more interesting and every player with a new army will be many many hours of fun because he/she can often do something new to surprise you.
Yes, you can find that now already. It will increase and will be more accepted, I hope.

And if you do tournaments? Well, ähm, there are not that many different armies in tournaments anyway. And supplements will likely be fluff armies anyway? :rolleyes:

daboarder
06-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Limited edition is a nice little trick that any retailer can pull, its pretty much a sure fire sell of each one printed. Think about it even if the product sucks people want to snap it up due to limited numbers for possible resale value, not only that but it means that they only have to print say 1000 unites that they KNOW they will sell due to my previous point.
Label something limited or collectors and people instantly go into panic buy mode thinking "Oh no there is only x amount of those, if I don't buy it now I may never get another chance so I WILL BUY IT NOW....even though I need that money for food"

Yeah not so much, I mean the eldar haven't even sold out yet.

eldargal
06-04-2013, 08:20 AM
It will though. It's funny actually I know a lot of people who intended to get the collectors edition then decided to put the money towards extra wraithguard or a wraithknight. Because they totally won't be available in a month or anything.:rolleyes:

Deadlift
06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Personally saw the ltd codex as a bit silly for £60 for what is basically £30 extra for a green cover. But I will also be honest and say I bought both the hardback and iPad versions which to some would be a bit daft too :o

chicop76
06-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Yeah not so much, I mean the eldar haven't even sold out yet.

It will. Still have plenty of time to sell out right. I think Hex hit that nail in.

Sainhann
06-04-2013, 08:59 AM

Actually no only Space Marine & Dark Angels because they are the only Chapter.

JMichael
06-04-2013, 09:02 AM
My local GW store says the release date for hardback books is the 15th and he will be taking pre-orders this week.
The vid on gw.com states this is 'The first in a new series of Codex Supplements'!
While I don't like the price ($100 US for both my core and craftworld books combined), I honestly don't mind having the extra more in depth background.

Sainhann
06-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Do you also buy every single codex for marines? or every codex period?

B*tch more man, B*tch more!

Don't worry I will, oh and since GW and put them at these prices I don't buy any of them any more.

Because they are not worth $55.

The fluff in the Eldar Codex is the same as the 2nd Edition I already have that one along with the 3rd Edition & 4th Edition.

There was no 5th Edition.

So yes I will b*tch as much as I want.

Sainhann
06-04-2013, 09:12 AM

At double the cost with very little added in.

Just a way for GW to suck more money from their customers.

Sainhann
06-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I actually don't reckon all the craftworlds will get a supplement. Iyanden are the most deviant faction, because they use ghost warriors almost exclusively. All of the craftworlds' fighting styles - including Iyanden, honestly - are available from the main book.

Also, talking about "having to spend" all that money "to get the full rules" is utter nonsense. The Iyanden book has some variations on the basic army list but not tremendous ones. Not interested in Iyanden? You don't need the book; it's something extra for those who are, for Eldar fanatics/completists, or people who want every book going.

If GW can make a profit they will put them out.

Sainhann
06-04-2013, 09:20 AM
It will though. It's funny actually I know a lot of people who intended to get the collectors edition then decided to put the money towards extra wraithguard or a wraithknight. Because they totally won't be available in a month or anything.:rolleyes:

Individual with limited money have to make choices and the models will last far longer than the Codex will.

I got my first set of Eldar models back in 1988 and they are still very much useful.

As for the Limited Codex it got about a 5-6 year lifespan after that it just becomes a book with petty pictures in it.

eldargal
06-04-2013, 09:30 AM
The fluff in the Eldar Codex is the same as the 2nd Edition I already have that one along with the 3rd Edition & 4th Edition.
There is new lore and more detail to existing lore, actually.

Saunders
06-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Wonder if we will see a model of her one day.

Well, they did convert one for the codex: http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/Prydefalcn/20130601_002901_zps3054fddf.jpg

GrauGeist
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM

I'm hoping for Biel-Tan. Tho I think it'll be a bit much to pay for a FOC list and a handful of rules.

Cap'nSmurfs
06-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Hm. Which head have they used there - is it Lelith?

AnEnemy
06-04-2013, 10:47 PM
The thing is, we don't NEED to buy every book, we choose to because we feel they are worth the value. as such supplements are only a good thing, allowing the expansion and fielding of niche armies that we haven't seen since 3rd ed.

Ok lets throw the word "need" right out the door here. No one "needs" any of this stuff. It's a hobby. It's safe to say that anyone posting here is passionate about the hobby. When you're dealing with anything that people are passionate about...need and want are synonymous.

This is how GW has gotten where it is today. This is how ANY luxury product succeeds in the market let alone one that's been in a downturn for five/six years.

We're all collectors here. We've all felt that itch in our wallets when we first see a model we know we have to own. I think you're being a bit facetious.

That said, you're right, there are a lot of potential positives to supplements.

AnEnemy
06-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Hm. Which head have they used there - is it Lelith?

I could be wrong, but I believe it's a Spiritseer body with a DE Wych Hekatrix head swap.

daboarder
06-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Ok lets throw the word "need" right out the door here. No one "needs" any of this stuff. It's a hobby. It's safe to say that anyone posting here is passionate about the hobby. When you're dealing with anything that people are passionate about...need and want are synonymous.

This is how GW has gotten where it is today. This is how ANY luxury product succeeds in the market let alone one that's been in a downturn for five/six years.

We're all collectors here. We've all felt that itch in our wallets when we first see a model we know we have to own. I think you're being a bit facetious.

That said, you're right, there are a lot of potential positives to supplements.

I'm sorry WHAT!

did you read the rest of the conversation or did you just jump on the first thing you read because you thought you could?

eldargal
06-05-2013, 01:03 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe it's a Spiritseer body with a DE Wych Hekatrix head swap.
Correct, plastic wych hekatrix head. Funnily enough the exact some headswap two of my games club friends, one of my internet friends and myself came up with independently last night.:rolleyes:

Deadlift
06-05-2013, 01:19 AM
So I guess that kind of indicates she will have rules but not a model ? Or just a simple hobby conversion for the hell of it from GW :)

eldargal
06-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Hard to say, I'd like to think it would indicate rules. She should be more than a regular Spiritseer but not quite a Farseer so 'counts as' would be a bit underwhelming.

DrLove42
06-05-2013, 01:45 AM
I think one of the Sisters of Avelorn from High Elves would make a good head swap for making her....

eldargal
06-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Thought of that too, going with the Wych head 'cos I have some of those spare. It would be a very good choice though there might be some issues with the neck connection. Nothing major, just more effort than the DE head

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-05-2013, 04:19 AM
I like cake.

Deadlift
06-05-2013, 05:19 AM
The head swaps ok but I'm not sure about the body for a lady Eldar. A bit flat chested. Not looking for ott boobage and cleavage but if its supposed to be a female Eldar it should look like it. Any other suggestions ?

eldargal
06-05-2013, 05:21 AM
It works better than you might think depending on the torso. I've seen a few female heads on regular Farseer body conversions which look fine. Otherwise you will need greenstuff skills, you can build up the robes and runes over a female Guardian torso (or armature if your really skilled) with the head of your choice.

Deadlift
06-05-2013, 05:31 AM
It works better than you might think depending on the torso. I've seen a few female heads on regular Farseer body conversions which look fine. Otherwise you will need greenstuff skills, you can build up the robes and runes over a female Guardian torso (or armature if your really skilled) with the head of your choice.

No I'm not that skilled :) head swaps it is then lol

DrLove42
06-05-2013, 05:34 AM
The head swaps ok but I'm not sure about the body for a lady Eldar. A bit flat chested. Not looking for ott boobage and cleavage but if its supposed to be a female Eldar it should look like it. Any other suggestions ?

Heres one i did over a year ago. Simple Wych head swap. You tell me how it looks?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/drlove42/2012-08-09173236.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/drlove42/media/2012-08-09173236.jpg.html)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Le awful.

Joking.

Deadlift
06-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Yeah EG was right, looks actually quite good. Thanks Doc appreciate you sharing mate. Cracking paint job too.

magickbk
06-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Biggest problem I've found is that for some reason the ball joints on the Wych heads make their necks look unusually long when you put them on something else. Chopping the bottom off makes their necks look too thick, and then you find yourself green-stuffing a new neck. DrLove's looks really good. I would personally recommend shaving off the combat drug tubes on the neck when using Wych heads for conversions.

eldargal
06-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Apparently this is from the iPAd sample fo the Iyanden book and the Kraken attack:

Countless billions were slain, whole families, and bloodlines lost forever
Worth the price alone.

Deadlift
06-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Apparently this is from the iPAd sample fo the Iyanden book and the Kraken attack:

Worth the price alone.

That's Mat Wards writing if ever I saw it. :) yay
I am really pleased he has written this expansion.

DrLove42
06-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Yep. The new codex does say Iyanden was probably the most populous before the Nids

Still sets a good precedant for population size per world....

eldargal
06-07-2013, 01:42 AM
It brings Craftworld population into line with the scale of the 40k setting though. The old Doom of the Eldar background had it being 'thousands dead' with that being most of the populace.

eldargal
06-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Just picked it up on my ipad; here are the main bits:

No rules for Iyanna. But...(see below)
Edit: ok the above isn't strictly true; there are two scenarios you can use her in. She's just a free upgrade to a spiritseer and gives you ML3. Can't use her in regular games.

Voice of Twilight: WC2
Blessing. Gives all friendly wraithguard, wraithblade, wraithlord and wraithknight models within 12" Battle Focus and Furious Charge.

Pretty nasty imo, but doesn't entirely make up for lack of conceal/reveal.

Warlord traits:
1 D3 re-rolls per game for the walord
2 Warlord and all units within 12" have FnP (6+)
3 Warlord and his unit have hatred
4 Warlord has the spirit mark rule. if he already has it he can mark 2 units per turn.
5 Warlord and his unit has +1 to deny the witch rolls
6 Warlord may re-roll failed saves. loses the ability once he suffers and unsaved wound

Celestial Lance
6" S8 AP2 Assault 1, Lance, Spirit Shatter (If it kills a character or MC, place the large blast marker over the slain model and all units (friend and foe) suffer a hit at the slain units toughness with AP -)
S+3 AP2 Melee, Impact, Lance, Spirit Shatter

Soulshrive
S3 AP2 Melee, Mastercrafted, Spiritstealer (+1S to every unsaved wound caused earlier in the game)

Wraithforge Stone
During each of your movement phases, nominate a single wraithknight/wraithlord within 6". On a 3+ they gain a lost wound.

Guardian Helm
Always passes LoS rolls in units of wraithguard/wraithblades and wraithguard/wraithblade models can accept challenges if in the same unit.

Spear of Teuthlas (psyker only) -------Iyannas weapon!!!!
18" S9 AP - Assault 1, Fleshbane, Rending
SUser Ap - Melee, Armourbane, Fleshbane, Rending
So sort-of rules for Iyanna and everything else looks quite nice too.

Deadlift
06-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I'm going to download it this morning. I'm more interested in the variations of the Iyanden houses.

Pssyche
06-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Heres one i did over a year ago. Simple Wych head swap. You tell me how it looks?

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/drlove42/2012-08-09173236.jpg (http://s106.photobucket.com/user/drlove42/media/2012-08-09173236.jpg.html)

Off topic, but a massive thank you to DrLove42!!!

For a couple of months now I've had a Jetbike Seer Council using the Chapterhouse Conversion Kit built.
But I've never finished it as I was very unhappy with the head provided.
I'd looked at 40K & Fantasy Elves, but nothing looked right to me.
Then yesterday I saw your Wych headswap and I couldn't get a box set quick enough.
Last night, I put this one together and I think it looks great.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa383/Pssyche666/IMAG0159_zps429b1674.jpg (http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Pssyche666/media/IMAG0159_zps429b1674.jpg.html)

Thanks again for the prompt...

Chair126
06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
looks like kirby is talking to some1 with book: http://www.3plusplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2473

Chair126
06-08-2013, 01:38 AM
looks like kirby is talking to some1 with book here (http://www.3plusplus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2473)

Deadlift
06-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Iyanden Spiritseers can give wraith units Battle Focus. ::eek:

Sonikgav
06-08-2013, 02:09 AM
That sounds tempting. Ill have to see if theres any points differences, my current planned list doesnt have much room for alteration but some of those items sound nice.

The new blessing is cool if thats for all Iyanden seers. Take it once with the -1 warp charge item and problem of less powers a turn is solved.

eldargal
06-08-2013, 02:09 AM
And Furious Charge.:)

Deadlift
06-08-2013, 02:15 AM
And 5 spirit seers per HQ is fantastic.
The expansion is really good, mostly fluff really but a great read. I like the warlord traits. Really specific to the army and I prefer them to the Eldar ones.

daboarder
06-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Iyanden Spiritseers can give wraith units Battle Focus. ::eek:

Yep its a ward codex alright!

Deadlift
06-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Yep, suits me :D
One interesting thing I read in the expansion is it says, this supplement may not be used with any other supplement, or something along those lines. Could be more Eldar ones are planned ?

eldargal
06-08-2013, 02:21 AM
It's not that OP on Wraiths really, given that they lack the re-roll Fleet grants.

Deadlift
06-08-2013, 02:32 AM
It's not that OP on Wraiths really, given that they lack the re-roll Fleet grants.

Gives that little bit extra range to Wraithguards weapons which is quite nasty

eldargal
06-08-2013, 02:43 AM
It's nice but not OP, if they had Fleet then it would be getting towards OP. Being able to re-roll low Run scores is a nice feature of Battle Focus for the rest of the army.

daboarder
06-08-2013, 02:51 AM
It's nice but not OP, if they had Fleet then it would be getting towards OP. Being able to re-roll low Run scores is a nice feature of Battle Focus for the rest of the army.

I was thinking more of the basic throwing out the rulebook on design philosophy, such as making AP2 Initiative weapons rare as sin...then ward comes along and suddenly ALL the options are AP2, +ridiculous strenght, oh and then they blow you up after....

edit: (I know that their is a non AP2 weapon in their, but see little reason for the sword to be AP2 instead of AP3, particularly with an awesome rule like that.)

deaddice
06-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Any news on the restrictions or drawbacks to fielding an Iyanden force out of this book ?

eldargal
06-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Any news on the restrictions or drawbacks to fielding an Iyanden force out of this book ?
Loss of Conceal as a primaris power.

deaddice
06-08-2013, 08:57 AM
That seems to be a fair trade off, I wonder if you can mix and match the special wargear in the main eldar codex, sounds like the build possibilities are multiplying out fast.

Caitsidhe
06-08-2013, 09:34 AM
To me it looks like they saved the nicest options for the "expansion." :) When an expansion is released two weeks later than the main book, you really just have a codex split over two books.

Deadlift
06-08-2013, 09:46 AM
To me it looks like they saved the nicest options for the "expansion." :) When an expansion is released two weeks later than the main book, you really just have a codex split over two books.

I appreciate what your saying mate, for me it was a must buy. Yes I could have run a "ghost" style army using the main codex but I think this will allow me to be a bit more competative whilst still being a bit fluffy. To be honest though the books mostly centred around the fluff of Iyanden and missions to suit the theme. The actual FoC chart changes and warlord / spell options are covered on just 1 page.
I never had much interest in many of the Eldar units, but if its a Wraith warrior type I'm interested.

Defenestratus
06-08-2013, 09:49 AM

I think people need to realize that its fleet that makes Battle Focus useable.

On wraith units, the only time I can see this being useful is for getting the D-scythes in range.

eldargal
06-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Bollocks. You have a supplement released two weeks later. If this were included in the main codex we wouldn't be getting 30 pages of brand new background on an eldar craftworld which is more than we have had in two whole decades.

On wraith units, the only time I can see this being useful is for getting the D-scythes in range.
Agreed, Battle focus lets you re-roll those pesky low rolls. Running one inch before/after shooting is hardly impressive.

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I think is probably the best way to go about codex supplements. I mean, if the rules were too different - you'd end up with the same problem you have with all those space marine variants. This is a nice middle ground that offers new variant stuff without going _too_ far the other way and ending up with a 17th army they'd have to update - and nearly everyone moans that there are apparently far too many factions. I'll probably get this for the backround though personaly, as I couldnt care less about the rules one way or another.

eldargal
06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Exactly. Also think how easy these will be to update for a new edition. It's like two pages of rules plus some scenarios, one FAQ/Errata and it's done without the kind of intensive re-balancing old style supplements would need. No more whining about outdated supplements.

deinol
06-08-2013, 11:16 AM

Until it gets errata, doesn't the Wraithseer give Wraithguard fleet?

If you play with Forge World stuff. ;)

Defenestratus
06-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Until it gets errata, doesn't the Wraithseer give Wraithguard fleet?

If you play with Forge World stuff. ;)

Haha very true. Hadn't thought of that.

Hammerdal
06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Oh man, it sounds like this would let you run a 20 man seer council (10 warlocks + 10 spiritseers). Just, um, ignore the cost