PDA

View Full Version : Rumour Rundown, Codex Eldar.

Mr Mystery
06-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Afternoon. Given the general brouhaha that rumours generally cause until the book is out. I thought it could prove interesting to go through them, and see how many were incorrect, or otherwise misinformed. Why misinformed? Some are close to what you get, and can be chalked up to play test related changes. Plain old incorrect are often just made up.

So, to kick off....

Incorrect Rumour #1.... Farseers going down to two wounds.

Incorrect Rumour #2.... Two new Phoenix Lords.

Incorrect Rumour #3.... Shuriken weapons get shred/fleshbane.

Misinformed Rumour #1.... Shuriken Weapons get rending. Easy to see where the rumour went a bit wonky.

That's the ones that leap to immediate mind. Over to you guys. The categories presented are loose, and thus subjective. Try not to derail on them.

Mr Mystery
06-02-2013, 07:53 AM
And let's also do the accurate ones, and stuff that wasn't covered!

It were true #1..... Wraith knight.

Out of the blue #1.... BS4 base (that's pretty major!)

lattd
06-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Well the crimson hunter is a new aspect, and the spirit seer is potentially a new aspect depending on your view.....

Mr Mystery
06-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Not Aspects, Phoenix Lords for Shining Spears and Warp Spiders. I think new Aspects were rumoured?

Defenestratus
06-02-2013, 10:29 AM
The dual mode fire of the wraithknight is thankfully not true.

The whole proposed "box art/model list" seems to be a hoax - or it just hasn't started rolling out yet.

You know the one with the "Black Warden", the "Xentarchs" and the "Moonsiren/Lamia flyers"

Mr Mystery
06-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Think that entire list is utterly scuppered now.

Defenestratus
06-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Think that entire list is utterly scuppered now.

I keep wanting it to be true - if the "codex supplements" thing bears any truth, those could make sense in future supplement releases. Xentarchs for biel-tan, new bike PL for Saim-hann etc...

But I think thats just my mind trying to justify that those things are real.

DarkLink
06-02-2013, 03:25 PM
The changes to Shuriken weapons are at least partial credit, since the rumors noted they'd been playtesting several different versions and they didn't know what GW had settled on.

scadugenga
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
No web of skulls, as was rumored to appear.