PDA

View Full Version : Mor Deythan

Wildeybeast
05-31-2013, 10:52 AM
So, I've eagerly started working my way through Corax: Soulforge and I found an interesting development to the RG fluff in there. Read no further if you want to avoid spoilers.

On the inside of the dust jacket is the shortest of short stories by Gav Thorpe introducing the Mor Deythan, the Shadowmasters. It would seem that a tiny proportion of the RG share Corax's ability to go unseen by enemies. From the tiny amount of info given, those showing potential are taken early in their astartes training (like Librarians) and inducted into the Shadowmasters. It's clearly geneseed based, though the marine featured speculates that it may go beyond that (as Corax could/would fix mutations) with one suggestion being they carry part of Corax's soul. This is further backed by the fact that it seems to be only the marines created on Lyceaus that possess this ability, rather than any of the original Terran legion. They don't seem to have full invisibility like Corax, rather they are invisible when hiding in shadows (hence the name).

I thought this was an interesting development in the RG fluff, what do others think? Here's hoping for invisible marines in the new SM codex. :D